Bionic ROMS?

Search This thread

zakkyzombie

Feb 11, 2012
Biloxi, MS
Whats the newest, most bug free ROM out there for Bionic, thats still getting updates?

I've had the Bionic for a couple of weeks and already got disapointed.

back when i rocked the DX2 i was die-hard Eclipse.

well on bionic i notaced many bugs, and i re-flashed, redownloaded, the works. had the same issues.

anyway. nitro sold his bionic, so no more Eclipse. so i swung to the other side to try Liberty. its cool. no where neer as boss as Eclipse. but they both have pros and cons. anyway.

come to find out Liberty devs stopped for the bionic too. so, my question is, what is the newest, bestest rom, thats still getting updates, and lots of themes?:) preferably a boss ICS theme :DD

DGSafewright

Feb 5, 2012
Winston Salem
Active Bionic Roms

There are several alpha and beta Roms out for the Bionic however most of them still have bugs ranging from no 3G/4G to the front facing camera not working. From what I can tell the only stable Rom for the Bionic is gummy. This may be due to the Bionic having a locked boot loader. Hopefully either Nitro will get a used Bionic and continue development or development will increase when or if ICS is officially released on the Bionic.

Reactions: zakkyzombie

zakkyzombie

Feb 11, 2012
Biloxi, MS
i hope he does too. i really enjoyed Eclipse. besides the fact thant when i held down the power button to get the reboot options it would just straight up reboot. (very annowing when wanting recovery)

i think the AOKP ICS rom thats out looks mighty spiffy, but i dont know what all doesnt work, and i dont want to risk having to go back to my old old devour. (sold the DX2)

anyway. thanks for your input!

jetknife

Jul 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find a stable ROM rather than go back to de-bloated Blur. The only other recommendation I can give besides those already mentioned is dhacker's April 5th nightly of CM9.

I obviously haven't been using it for long, but it has so far has a pretty consistent data connection.

DroidHive -> Downloads -> Bionic -> CM9 SELFKANG BIONIC ICS

flascrnwrtr

Nov 25, 2011
Dallas, NC
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've been running CM9 Unofficial since it dropped. Currently I am on 04-04 and have had stable data and WiFi since I flashed it. HW accel and video are the only things really missing for me. Give it a shot.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ztkryan

Dec 7, 2011
Omaha
I've been running CM9 Unofficial since it dropped. Currently I am on 04-04 and have had stable data and WiFi since I flashed it. HW accel and video are the only things really missing for me. Give it a shot.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

can you post a link to the rom

Sent from my XT875 using xda premium

zakkyzombie

Feb 11, 2012
Biloxi, MS
thats sounds really nice. so theres CM9, and CM7.....wheres 8??

but a link would be helpful.
i just want something super stable, that will work with safestrap, and will be getting updated frequently, i like having all the bugs worked out, and having cool new additions :p
because i liked the option of going into recovery upon each boot.

and is anyone using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1527544 ?

i want a straightforward review of it. dont sugar coat it :p xD

zakkyzombie

Feb 11, 2012
Biloxi, MS
I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find a stable ROM rather than go back to de-bloated Blur. The only other recommendation I can give besides those already mentioned is dhacker's April 5th nightly of CM9.

I obviously haven't been using it for long, but it has so far has a pretty consistent data connection.

DroidHive -> Downloads -> Bionic -> CM9 SELFKANG BIONIC ICS

it'd be pretty cool if they had a bug list, and screenshots...

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
ive never found MIUI appealing, its not really my cup of tea. it reminds me too much of apple. i really dislike apple stuff :(

i can see apple as first install install like nova launcher or apex and the "apple" is gone dude simple as that super customizable at that point.. just sayin' but do what you want.. :)

jetknife

Jul 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I do prefer the AOKP ICS rom port over the CM9 just for the little details, but they're rather similar.

Being new to this stuff, I don't know what "Repo Sync & Build" means. But I've used the rom linked below, and in my eyes, it was merely the March 13th nightly of the AOKP rom port--also on droidhive, their latest is april 8th.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1527544

Both the AOKP and CM9 4.0.3 roms have the same bugs as mentioned above.
No HW accel. Games crash.
Video has issues.
Data is intermittent. I'll have rock steady data all day, but then the next day it won't work at all.

AOKP:
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/37-aokp-selfkang-bionic-ics-403-r1-nightlies/

CM9:
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/38-cm9-selfkang-bionic-ics-403-r1-nightlies/

zakkyzombie

Feb 11, 2012
Biloxi, MS
Is there any consensus on which is the most stable ROM with a solid 4G connection?

im with this guy.
even 3G

im using the one on her the repo sync and build ICS AOKP.

well, one thats getting updates like the ICS roms.
like is CM9 or the AOKP better?
or pretty much the same, but with one with 'rom controll"

hell, i wouldnt mind just a port of stock ICS with boss data connectivity.

oh, with the AOKP can i update between nightlys just by wiping cache and flashing, or do i need to factory reset everything?

Hans5849

Apr 11, 2012
I use eclipse 2.2 after using liberty for .901. I tried gummy but had issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

papasmurph

Jun 29, 2010
The Gummy ICS rom is VERY good and is only missing a working camcorder...and that's it. I ran it for days and ZERO issues, except for that. Eventually I just got too uncomfortable not being able to use the video camera and went back to stock. It just updated yesterday as well, but still no video recording:

http://goo.im/devs/TeamGummy/Roms/Targa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Active Bionic Roms

There are several alpha and beta Roms out for the Bionic however most of them still have bugs ranging from no 3G/4G to the front facing camera not working. From what I can tell the only stable Rom for the Bionic is gummy. This may be due to the Bionic having a locked boot loader. Hopefully either Nitro will get a used Bionic and continue development or development will increase when or if ICS is officially released on the Bionic.