HTC One S

Search This thread

cromo8

Oct 5, 2010
There are only two features I liked about the phone when I used it for a few hours.

Camera continuous shooting, lets you take up to 99 shots while holding the camera button. Then displays them all and you can pick which ones to keep.

Media link HD. Some people will refer to this as DLNA however this does not need to be connected to anything wired. This can be all wireless connection to get an HD display on your television using a simple adapter. You can stay back and relax in bed and change your netflix movie or hulu videos from your phone but on your tv. And even better you can dual screen, you can change what you are doing on your phone(aka read text, email or even take call) and whatever is playing through the media link is still on your tv.

Honorable mentions

Slow Motion Video
Awesome Picture Editing software
pictures while taking videos
Second color was better
free 25 GB cloud storage

Drawbacks

Sense is still sense

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
Yea, the burst mode and SlowMo video is actually pretty great and I'm thinking about jumping to the One X on AT&T from the HD7 on T-Mobile (their 3G here is terrible, rather have lower cap than 5GB basically 2G speeds with free tethering :p that and WP7 makes me want to burn a church these days).

A great camera with good Still and Video capture is paramount for me, cause I do a lot of video analysis using footage I capture with my phone and the burst mode is good for obvious reasons when you put it into that perspective.

But I want the AT&T Version, not the T-Mobile version. The video reviews of the One X are very good. Performance is as good if not better than anything out there.

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
I think I will be jumping ship to the HTC one S until the S3 comes out. Had the Mytouch 3g then Vibrant and now the GS2 Always kind of hated the support on Samsung Devices. The Development Community has been great on Vibrant and GS2, but am looking for something different. Too Much TW for too long, sure I will say the samething about sense after a while if I switch. I'm looking for something with a bit smaller screen and just tad bit better resolution. But will make my final decision when I finally see the One S when it drops.

The One X is way too big a phone than what I need. Especially since I use my phone as my main means of music when I skate and the GS2 is already to big. But never know, I like what I see from the One S so far, but if its over $200 with contract then no go for me, I'll wait for the GS3 and get an unlocked version.

Just my 2 cents. Which means nothing.

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
HTC one s arrived at our store today.. I got a chance to play with it and all I'm saying is.... I love the one s and will be trading my gs2 for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FRuiTBoOT

scuzzbag87

Jul 26, 2011
Tustin
HTC one s arrived at our store today.. I got a chance to play with it and all I'm saying is.... I love the one s and will be trading my gs2 for it.

I don't think its worth it from a gs2 but that's just me. I mean its not like a MAJOR leap. When I drop 500+ the next time its gonna be for some major specs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
I don't think its worth it from a gs2 but that's just me. I mean its not like a MAJOR leap. When I drop 500+ the next time its gonna be for some major specs

If I had to pay full price I wouldn't drop the cash either.

Last edited:

gthmcty111

Dec 1, 2011
SoCal
I'm still on the fence about the switch, so far I'm loving the SG2! I thought for sure I was going to do it but now having second thoughts......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
After playing with the One S...that phone is a beast... its as buttery smooth as my cm7 sg2 .. just imagine what it will be like after rooted.....it will be retarded

iwasblown

Sep 7, 2010
The dev section is gonna suck if there is no source and if the bootloaders are locked up, free the bootloaders!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007

I've been playing with it also. I can't say it better than the GSII though. I do like the screen even though people have been complaining about it. I think it's a little too thin though. Feels a little weird in the hand.

It is a smooth phone and people will enjoy using it. I just don't think it's a leap from what's out there already. People say that is supposed to be a lean version of sense but I feel like sense is still overpowering.

chrischoi

Dec 12, 2010
Mechanicsburg
chrismchoi.blogspot.com

I don't like how the top and bottom is plastic. They claim it's the ONE phone the ONE camera but it's 3 pieces. I'm sure someone will end up losing the top piece. I might switch. But HTC is in my bad side. Lame...

Sent from my SGH-T989

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
I don't like how the top and bottom is plastic. They claim it's the ONE phone the ONE camera but it's 3 pieces. I'm sure someone will end up losing the top piece. I might switch. But HTC is in my bad side. Lame...

Sent from my SGH-T989

Funny I was saying the same thing about all Samsung phones before I bought one.

Micronads

Oct 4, 2010
Kansas City
No removable sd card, no dice. Can you swap batteries on it? I don't think you can. That is two in the negative column.

blkbltwrestler

Jul 24, 2010
no remove battery, no sd card, only 16gb of on board storage, mediocre battery life, terrible drop test results.

pass

The gs2 is a great phone and I will hold on to it for at least another year, year and half. The only break I am waiting for is a huge leap in battery life. I am currently getting a day and half on a charge with moderate to heavy usage and that is then enough for me for the time being.

Symphonyx87

Oct 15, 2010
The whole "non-removable" battery bit killed it for me. I can't count how many times, no matter what model phone I'm using, I've had to pull battery... sounds like a problem waiting to happen!

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
Well I had to come back amd comment here once more....after playing with my gs2 and the one s side by side a bit more I have to agree that the one s is just not a big enough leap for me to ditch my gs2 and get it. I will be sticking with the gs2....maybe ill get the next nexus....I was gonna hold out til the gs3 until I just figured out that it will be dual core as well

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gthmcty111

Dec 1, 2011
SoCal
The SGS3 will be released internationally first I wonder just how long Samsung is going to hold out prior to them releasing in the US because this is going to be strictly a Samsung release and not a retailer release (T-mobile, AT&T etc..)???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made the mistake of leaving Samsung (Vibrant) for HTC (Sensation) and will not make that mistake again.

Who is jumping ship for the One S coming out this month?? I am thinking about it, but am afraid that the lack of an SD card slot is a deal breaker. Also worried battery life may not be that great.

Thanks

Being a previous owner of a Sensation and Amaze 4G, there's not enough going on with the HTC One to make the jump. Besides, it's a dumb-down version of the One X.
    Not sure why I would fork out for a phone with very similar specs or waste an upgrade.
    Also on a side note, benchmarks are dumb and pointless
    I traded my s2+$100 for a iPhone 4s Although I'm stuck at slow data speeds I'm an inoob and I love showing off siri. IPhone 4s is better than HTC one s! Everyone should pay $800 for the iPhone.

Umad?

What a tool

Hahaha u mean HTC fanboys that always praise that "build quality".they eat that stuff good. Honestly i dont care what my phone is made of it could be made out of wood for all i care as long as it performs like a champ and HTC just cant deliver like samsung

screen dust ftL. htc buikd quality is garbage. whats the point of using high end materials if your tolerances are so lose as to allow screen dust.

forget.that.. spend my $500 on a plastic phone that is precision made.

T989 on CM7_373R2