Let HTC know how you feel

Search This thread

Spl4tt

Even though I'm looking to get my first android phone now, I'm no stranger to android. I've been working as an android developer for a bit over 2 years now and have 6+ android phones on my desk at any given time.

I had high hopes for the One X. Though I love Stock ICS, HTC's lightweight sense 4 will likely be serviceable. I do not like Samsung's TouchWiz.

The lack of sd slot bugs me. Especially on a device with 16GB total storage! 32GB internal storage would be a fair compromise since I would store my music in the "cloud". 16GB is just too tight even with that.

My other reservation with this device is the poor battery life that has been reported.

I understand the benefit to creating a unibody phone that cannot be opened. I even appreciate some benefits that gives us. However, it seems like HTC went a little too far with form over function this time around, so I'm still waiting for the perfect android phone.

well, "lightweight sense 4.0"
bull****. my phone uses over 700mb RAM the whole time. mostly i have only 200-350mb RAM free. yes, that's enough, but still this sucks
AOSP android on my HD2 didn't even use 200mb
i can't stand sense, i hope there's a AOSP ROM soon.. and today i'm gonna try that ROM "exodized" wich should be near AOSP..

else, the batterylife is the best i experienced so far. i'm just used to have a spare battery..
i don't mind the lack of the SD Slot, but i need to be able to remove the battery.. that sucks a bit, even if the battery is doing good in the HOX..

axne1

Aug 20, 2010
Wisconsin
Google is selling the official Android device right from them....
Say what you want HTC executives but I will only buy a official Android device from now on! Idc about two" Bloat apps(Verizon Gnex)
Compared to 10 or more! So...
And its a crime to advertise 16gb and bloat half of them up with carrier BS!
I've owned plenty of your devices, the last (HTC evo 3d) was in a otterbox defender case, and the cheap battery back cover started showing gapps in the creases???
Also your screens need not have so much space in-between. Some people (HTC) believe that heavy means quality, NOT ME HTC!!!!! The bigger they are the harder they fall. Anyone heard of that?
Well thanks OP for letting me get this off my chest.. I've spent most of my Android life using HTC devices Ugh!

PS: s-on sucks!

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

Last edited:

Spl4tt

Google is selling the official Android device right from them....
Say what you want HTC executives but I will only buy a official Android device from now on! Idc about two" Bloat apps(Verizon Gnex)
Compared to 10 or more! So...
And its a crime to advertise 16gb and bloat half of them up with carrier BS!
I've owned plenty of your devices, the last (HTC evo 3d) was in a otterbox defender case, and the cheap battery back cover started showing gapps in the creases???
Also your screens need not have so much space in-between. Some people (HTC) believe that heavy means quality, NOT ME HTC!!!!! The bigger they are the harder they fall. Anyone heard of that?
Well thanks OP for letting me get this off my chest.. I've spent most of my Android life using HTC devices Ugh!

PS: s-on sucks!

I'm always on!

well, but me.
i hate the paperfeeling of the GSII and all the other samsungs
i want a heavy phone, that feels like something real expensive, but it has to have a nice design.
the OneX has a nice design, but it's already too light.. but still the feel is nice, thanks to the awsome build

but in the rest, i think i agree with you xP

kazukun_89

Apr 2, 2012
well, i already ordered my One X.
i finally need a new phone..

but srsly, the One X IS a flagship device. they promised us quality, they brought us quality.
all three One devices are pure quality, beautiful and strong.

but sure, i don't get the point why there is no exchangable battery or a SDCard slot.
i need those things.. even with 32gb internal memory, i need my SDCard. it's just more versatile.
and i NEED a second battery to be sure to get through the whole weekend without having to recharge

things just stop to be versatile. i don't like this..
but i'll try it, i want to give HTC a chance, they deserved it.

They deserved what? They deserved to serve your need better. Don't be a kid. If you don't like it. Go and buy something else!

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Disappointing.

Drop hardware keyboards, so already have me looking for another manufacturer, which both opens and pushes me out the door.

Can't change the battery...slams the door behind me.

No microsd slot - locks the door and ensures I won't return.

HTC - what have you done? 3 months ago I couldn't imagine ever buying a device from another manufacturer and sung your praises to anyone who would listen.

I was able to articulate categorically why an HTC device was the right one to buy, and provide intelligent arguments to people countering their 'but I like this other thing' arguments with cold hard facts and proof of superiority.

Now?

I can't imagine ever buying an HTC device again and find myself arguing for anything else that ISN'T an HTC device.

I may not be able to tell people what to get, but I don't hesitate to tell anyone who listens why they should not even consider an HTC device in their choices.

Hope you hear that, HTC - while I may not have any suggestions on what to purchase, the only advice I give anymore is don't buy HTC.

Sad, sad state of affairs.

If I had a facebook, I would post this. If someone else would like to quote this to the HTC facebook page and attribute it to my XDA username, i'd appreciate it.

Typed up on my doubleshot - the last HTC device I am likely to own.

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
It does suck due to the fact that there isn't an sd card slot....but I don't think it should be to hard to transfer your stuff from an old device to your new device doing it on a pc. Unless you can't, then that sucks a lot

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using XDA

woooson

Jul 12, 2010
I love my HTC hd2! Without an SD card? Mmm I wouldn't of bought it!!!! Bad mive

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

DPMAce

Feb 12, 2011
Cleveland
lol sounds like htc wants to lose more market share to samsung.

smartphones are becoming more and more like laptops and desktops.

more open os, replacable parts, we basically want more options at a cheaper price.

I wish there was a phone I could just pop open and upgrade the cpu and ram when it's outdated.

s0ja

Apr 18, 2012
Although I can see the upside of having a removable SD card/battery, I have had an iPhone for over 3 years and never missed it. And I mean come on, who wants to keep carrying spare batteries and SD cards around?

sxotty

Feb 9, 2012
Even if the battery cannot be replaced it isn't a big deal since you can get an external charging source anyway. The sd card is more annoying.

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
I made a commitment to my self that I will only get HTC phones from now on. They just need a phone with 32gb internal and a micro SD slot with support to 64gb, and bigger and removable battery and that's it :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

axne1

Aug 20, 2010
Wisconsin
I made a commitment to my self that I will only get HTC phones from now on. They just need a phone with 32gb internal and a micro SD slot with support to 64gb, and bigger and removable battery and that's it :)

I made that same commitment, and believe me when I say research, and shop around.

I'm always on!

imheroldman

Apr 10, 2011
Chico
We should also look into the issue of HTC's unlock! They are locking down what can and can't be done through fastboot limiting our options when it comes to rooting. @toastcfh has been doing some extensive research into this and is leaning away from HTC due to their stubbornness in actually unlocking our devices.

Please if you are on twitter let @htcdev know how you feel. If you have a blog or do any sort of Android journalism spread the word! They have also put up eating pages on their site and facebook, so go and tell them we need a true unlock solution for our devices and/or a way to flash what we want through fastboot!

I believe I will continue to buy HTC in hopes for a solution. Hopefully, HTC will step up and provide the solution.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
HTC I feel like you need to make the next nexus with the best hardware in the world :) and micro sd slot with super big and removable battery :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    but sure, i don't get the point why there is no exchangable battery or a SDCard slot.
    i need those things.. even with 32gb internal memory, i need my SDCard. it's just more versatile.
    and i NEED a second battery to be sure to get through the whole weekend without having to recharge

things just stop to be versatile. i don't like this..
    but i'll try it, i want to give HTC a chance, they deserved it.

If you need those things, then don't buy it. Don't just be loyal to a company for the sake of it.
    i cant stand HTC anymore.

Android is a open source OS and HTC always follewed that but now i cant find anything open. there is no democracy anymore.

HTC sense has being putted is to a much featureless skin, the graphics has being put down and now either the phone has being locked in anyway.

they say the phone is "the one phone" but i cant agree on that. finally a good processor and then putting down graphics like that, i dont get it.

indeed people complain about sense performance but i dont get how a sensation dual core can run high graphics and a quad core can not. that does not make sense to me.

the time for htc gets limited on me, first ruining there tablets side by bring only a 7" tablet and then complaining we're not doing well (no **** sherlock when everyone else has 10" with better specs) and no locking everything you can.

if i didnt want open source i would go to a ipod, not an android. so lets hope HTC will come back on "the one" and make it better.
    Even the nexus s didnt have a sd card....and, as a nexus s owner, i dont feel it so bad...
    Right SD cards are cool but come on guys this is 2012!

Internel memory is faster and less likely to brake afaik. It is also a step away from forcing everybody to buy an SD card to have music and stuff on there phones.

Also, if you want to transfer stuff then just get two micro USB cables and a pc. Copy, paste. Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V. Drag drop. Easy.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium
    everyone, and every company is better when they are unknown. every product they sell counts when a company is unknown.

htc now is popular worldwide, why should they care? there always will be ppl who buys their stuff. they can do what they want, like apple, just that apple makes even more profit