Upgrade suggestions?

Search This thread

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
So the blaze is now over 2 years old... we've seen a lot of our xda brothers that once contributed and were active users leave the blaze threads, only few remain and things have really slowed down here, these threads just aren't as live and booming as they used to be, well I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while now, so anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Flames1

kishore4

Mar 21, 2011
somewhere over the rainbow....
So the blaze is now over 2 years old... we've seen a lot of our xda brothers that once contributed and were active users leave the blaze threads, only few remain and things have really slowed down here, these threads just aren't as live and booming as they used to be, well I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while now, so anyone have any suggestions?

well i will say go for nexus devices...peferably nexus 5...always first to get updates and great at hardware part too...u get pure android experience along with lots of options as the sources are always out there and nothing like touchwiz or sense messing up the developement...the developement is most active in those devices and sources are always there taken directly from google repos :)

Reactions: Jserrano56

Veliion

Sep 18, 2013
Well, I'm moving soon and I need a different phone since I don't have 4g over there. Im looking at the lg g2, since it has one of the best batteries and its not too big. It's LG's flagship and I like the knock on feature!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
I'd recommend getting the Nexus 5. As I am a fan of AOSP it's outstanding. Performance is great, haven't had any trouble with any lags (well exaggerating much lol) and it just feels right for me. 2.26 GHz is just amazing. Unlike the Blaze it has 16 GB of memory which is great for having the big applications. 8MP camera could be better, but it's still outstanding.

flyers00

Jul 28, 2009
Marlton
Google Pixel 4
When I was ready for upgrade it was between nexus 5 and moto x. I chose moto x and have had no issues. CM11 and other ROMs are being developed

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
Thanks to those who have given me suggestions originally I was thinking something mainstream and well known like a flagship phone like the S5 or something like that but is their price tag really worth it or is there a better not as well known phone? Kinda like how the blaze basically was a smaller S2? I mean I'm looking for a Samsung, LG, or Motorola? Price isn't a problem I just want long lasting battery life, performance, 4G / LTE, A Good Camera and A Reasonable Storage Space? Any new suggestions?

kishore4

Mar 21, 2011
somewhere over the rainbow....
Thanks to those who have given me suggestions originally I was thinking something mainstream and well known like a flagship phone like the S5 or something like that but is their price tag really worth it or is there a better not as well known phone? Kinda like how the blaze basically was a smaller S2? I mean I'm looking for a Samsung, LG, or Motorola? Price isn't a problem I just want long lasting battery life, performance, 4G / LTE, A Good Camera and A Reasonable Storage Space? Any new suggestions?

well if price aint a problem then s5 is definitely what ya looking for...awsome battery life.. u can easily get 15 hours video playback..or u can get htc one(m8) which is a tad bit heavier coz of its metal casing...but what i dont like about them phones is that they are laden with so much crap that we dont ever use...and s5 is big on fitness stuff...and yes moto g is for you if ya looking for smaller screen(4.5 inch...bigger than blaze) but still easy to use with one hand...good specs..actually better specs than phones almost about twice the price...good battery life(9-10 hour video playback) and internal storage is optional for 8gb or 16 gb..

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
I tried the moto g, well I owned one for a short period of time... I got grounded for some bs so I went into target and bought one of those prepaid phones to use as a WiFi phone I absolutely loved it but I returned it when I got ungrounded anyways I decided to wait for the nexus 6 but I'll probably buy a nexus 5 sometime this week to use in the meantime

Sent from my t769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Xperia z is a nice alternative to the n5, the only problem I find is that it lacks the stock recovery.
Z1 is the later version, might like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
I'll give all the suggestions a try when I go to T-Mobile later this week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

well i will say go for nexus devices...peferably nexus 5...always first to get updates and great at hardware part too...u get pure android experience along with lots of options as the sources are always out there and nothing like touchwiz or sense messing up the developement...the developement is most active in those devices and sources are always there taken directly from google repos :)
    Well, I'm moving soon and I need a different phone since I don't have 4g over there. Im looking at the lg g2, since it has one of the best batteries and its not too big. It's LG's flagship and I like the knock on feature!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app
    I'd recommend getting the Nexus 5. As I am a fan of AOSP it's outstanding. Performance is great, haven't had any trouble with any lags (well exaggerating much lol) and it just feels right for me. 2.26 GHz is just amazing. Unlike the Blaze it has 16 GB of memory which is great for having the big applications. 8MP camera could be better, but it's still outstanding.
    When I was ready for upgrade it was between nexus 5 and moto x. I chose moto x and have had no issues. CM11 and other ROMs are being developed

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app