(Q) STUMPED: No Radio Signal or Mobile Network after Unbricking

Search This thread
May 16, 2014
First, let me say, I appreciate the vast information available on this site. I have found many answers to various problems I have encountered with my GN2 on this site, but I am totally stumped right now. I purchased another VZW GN2 last night and I admit to forgetting that you had tounlock the bootloader prior to flashing a newer firmware via odin. Basically, I ended up bricking the phone and getting the yellow triangle saying there was software not authorized by verizon. I searched and unbricked the phone but now I have a circle with a line through it and I have no mobile connection. I went back to stock firmware vramc3 via odin. I used casual to unlock and root still no signal, ive checked my efs and they are not lost my imei number is still intact. they arent corrupt.(backed them up). I know it was something I did because there wasnt a circle with a line where the bars are supposed to be before i touched the phone. :eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-16-17-09-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-17-09-50.png
    98 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2014-05-16-17-11-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-17-11-47.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 45

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
First, let me say, I appreciate the vast information available on this site. I have found many answers to various problems I have encountered with my GN2 on this site, but I am totally stumped right now. I purchased another VZW GN2 last night and I admit to forgetting that you had tounlock the bootloader prior to flashing a newer firmware via odin. Basically, I ended up bricking the phone and getting the yellow triangle saying there was software not authorized by verizon. I searched and unbricked the phone but now I have a circle with a line through it and I have no mobile connection. I went back to stock firmware vramc3 via odin. I used casual to unlock and root still no signal, ive checked my efs and they are not lost my imei number is still intact. they arent corrupt.(backed them up). I know it was something I did because there wasnt a circle with a line where the bars are supposed to be before i touched the phone. :eek::eek::eek:

Have you tried just flashing the latest MJ9 firmware with the modem in it? Might kick it on..

Reactions: FarRockAmerika
May 16, 2014
ive done that twice actually and tried 2 different roms still nothing i did access the hidden menu and saw that my prl is 1 idk if that has nything to do with anything.... i used the t0tlevw (idk how you spell it) mj9 official firmware file

May 16, 2014
Have you tried just flashing the latest MJ9 firmware with the modem in it? Might kick it on..

it also says my ERI version is not available.....idk if that has anything to do with it....ive tried vraljb,vramc3, and mj9.....still have the circle......im starting to think its a corrupt imei.....i mean i still have it but when i accessed the hidden menu and looked at the imei number it only had the hex and not the dec.....i also see that im getting good signal strength.....im stuck trying to figure this out....im moving on to the imei restore now just to make sure.....

May 16, 2014
UPDATE: i'VE BEEN PLAYING AROUND IN THE HIDDEN MENU AND I GOT THE PHONE TO GET ON ROAMING AND THE ERI CAME BACK TO 5. NOW I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW I WILL TAKE IT OUT OF ROAMING BUT STILL KEEP THE ERI IN PLACE. I GET BARS NOW AT LEAST. I THINK I MIGHT JUST DO A FACTORY RESET NOW...JUST FOR KICKS ( YOU NEVER KNOW).....I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE TO ALTER THE ERI AND IMEI STUFF THRU THE HIDDEN MENU WITHOUT USING THE COMPUTER. I WILL KEEP UPDATING AS I GO ALONG TODAY. THIS HAS ME GOING THRU IT WITH MY WIFE LOL SHE JUST DOESNT UNDERSTAND....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S THE IMEI NUMBER AND OTHER NUMBERS ARE THERE JUST BLACKED OUT FOR SECURITY PURPOSES

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-17-11-40-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-11-40-46.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2014-05-17-14-45-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-14-45-33.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: lacoursiere18

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
@ FarRockAmerika,

This may or may not be the same issue ... but I read in other threads that your idea of doing a factory reset could fix the "stuck in roaming" issue. It looks like you should do the factory reset from within the ROM though.... not in recovery. This thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2748242 ) has some links that might be relevant with the roaming issue. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

May 16, 2014
@ farrockamerika,

this may or may not be the same issue ... But i read in other threads that your idea of doing a factory reset could fix the "stuck in roaming" issue. It looks like you should do the factory reset from within the rom though.... Not in recovery. This thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2748242 ) has some links that might be relevant with the roaming issue. Good luck.

Sent from my sch-i605 using xda premium 4 mobile app

lol i found this out the hard way.....it went back to a circle with the line.....i got my dec part of my imei back and my eri without the computer....ill just do some more testing......it wasnt stuck in roaming i put it in roaming in the hidden menu just to see if i get some type of mobile network connection......i will take some more screenshots of the hidden menu and where i went a little later....i just have to make sure...before i post it

DB2040

May 23, 2014
Same problem

I too am having the same problem with my SCH-1605. The difference is that my network connection was screwing up BEFORE I soft bricked the phone and got the triangle (not a tech expert here so please bear with me if my terminology is incorrect). Phone was working great rooted for 6mos and must have updated itself or I just dumbly installed one that screwed the phone up. I tried new sim from verizon (did not work), un-rooting, re-flashing with ODIN with pit and fw as suggested on other posts (for other problems) and did something wrong I forget what , got the triangle thing and then recovered with Kies and every thing supposedly was back to stock. Called Sansung, went to BB service center and they reflashed firmware (same thing I did I am guessing LOL, but I humured the tech line by letting them do it again). They then told me to ship it to them and although it was not under warranty (2nd owner) they would do the full software re flash(??) and check the hardware (I would be responsible for repair and I agreed as long as they contacted me if over 125$). Well I just got the phone shipped back today with a refusal (void in warranty) to repair for rooted device!! I am pissed at this because it was ALREADY a voided warranty repair ticket. ..No contacting me, just ran it through tagged it unrepairable and shipped it back aaaargh!

Anyway, I am hoping the bright minds and technical expertise of the xda members can help us out with this problem.

I was looking at the safestrap and am leery because I have the VRUEAJ9 build and do not see instructions/files for it. (I am newber, but can follow instructions, have been researching for weeks and finally asking for HELP because I am stumped, confused, with little $$ to buy a new phone right now (full-time got cut to part-time thanks to HC issue but thats for another forum!)

Thank you in advance for any help on this issue!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE: i'VE BEEN PLAYING AROUND IN THE HIDDEN MENU AND I GOT THE PHONE TO GET ON ROAMING AND THE ERI CAME BACK TO 5. NOW I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW I WILL TAKE IT OUT OF ROAMING BUT STILL KEEP THE ERI IN PLACE. I GET BARS NOW AT LEAST. I THINK I MIGHT JUST DO A FACTORY RESET NOW...JUST FOR KICKS ( YOU NEVER KNOW).....I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE TO ALTER THE ERI AND IMEI STUFF THRU THE HIDDEN MENU WITHOUT USING THE COMPUTER. I WILL KEEP UPDATING AS I GO ALONG TODAY. THIS HAS ME GOING THRU IT WITH MY WIFE LOL SHE JUST DOESNT UNDERSTAND....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S THE IMEI NUMBER AND OTHER NUMBERS ARE THERE JUST BLACKED OUT FOR SECURITY PURPOSES