[Q] Rooting without unlocking boot loader?

Search This thread

Ex-Hunter

Sep 4, 2013
Usually rooting is first thing I do when I get a phone but in this case I'm a little worried cos I've to unlock bootloader and for that I've to register my phone on the moto site.
Is there any other way to root without unlocking the bootloader?
Has anyone tried vroot or kingo root on Moto E?
I had used vroot successfully on my Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos when none of the root methods worked.
Any help would be much appreciated.

DarkSideTT

Jan 15, 2013
Usually rooting is first thing I do when I get a phone but in this case I'm a little worried cos I've to unlock bootloader and for that I've to register my phone on the moto site.
Is there any other way to root without unlocking the bootloader?
Has anyone tried vroot or kingo root on Moto E?
I had used vroot successfully on my Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos when none of the root methods worked.
Any help would be much appreciated.

i found this app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rauhzq0ovzv97aw/tr.apk

but i don't know if its really work on Moto E...

5hubh4m

Jan 22, 2013
Varanasi
To root an Android device we need exploits, but when we already have a method to root(Unlocking BL), no one is looking for them. So hopes of rooting without unlocking Bootloader are slim. I too am waiting for Motorola to stop providing updates to our Moto E, then only I'll unlock Bootloader and root and install CM, Slim, etc... Hope that helps! :good:

Ex-Hunter

Sep 4, 2013
Think I'll do the same. Hopefully by the time Motorola stops providing updates, we'll have some good ROM development going on. But I will surely miss Titanium Backup and Xposed.

PraTk

Sep 20, 2015
mumbai
Now they declared that moto e will not get android M .

To root an Android device we need exploits, but when we already have a method to root(Unlocking BL), no one is looking for them. So hopes of rooting without unlocking Bootloader are slim. I too am waiting for Motorola to stop providing updates to our Moto E, then only I'll unlock Bootloader and root and install CM, Slim, etc... Hope that helps! :good:

So its time to root Moto E