I just so got jacked for $9.99 by verizon

Search This thread

evilbunnyfufu

Jan 31, 2009
Installed the NFS Shift demo that comes on the phone, played a lap and it started with all the notes about the game and that its a demo and that it will put me in the tutorial.. so i just started clicking through the screens.. then as i hit the last screen i realized (after) clicking the check that it said it was going to charge me.. the next screen said thanks and it will be charged to my next bill.. WTF the screen look just like the rest.. after 4 other popups about how cool the game is they plant that.. no secondary confirmation or any thing.. I call billing and ask about it and they said no refunds you click the check mark..

... worse part, i thought the demo sucked and don't even want the damn game!!

i wonder how many other people are going to get jacked this way..

mrmomoman

Feb 19, 2009
Just call them up and tell them. I hope you did that as soon as you realized you did it.

They VZW is tricky with a few apps they have on. VZ-NAV, Mobile IM is vague as to what it is initially so it can scare people to not turn it on.

I do not like their practices of these charges.

evilbunnyfufu

Jan 31, 2009
I did and the first billing tech i talked to said no, no refunds.. "well you read it then clicked the check mark authorizing it.. ... no, i click the check mark then started reading it.. " yeah the call did not go to well.. at least i just found from their site you can block all that crap.. still not happy right now.. only my second day with the phone :-(

love the phone, hate bing!!! not happy with verizon..

evilbunnyfufu

Jan 31, 2009
mwhahaha, I called and threaten to cancel my service.. some how refunding me was totally do able.

sad that I had to do that..