Wallpaper Auto Rotate

Search This thread

brian_10101

Sep 30, 2009
Android OS newbie (coming from a WM 6.5).....

Hopefully this will be a simple, straight out answer / solution. I have done research online through many forums and all the answers I find are associated to phones with a physical slide-out keyboard and related to the status of the keyboard being opened or closed.

On the Motorola Droid Razr, by default, are any of the (5) home screens supposed to auto-rotate when flipped horizontally or should it rotate only after you have entered into an app?

I'd swear it would rotate when I first got the Razr (before I started messing with the apps) but I honestly can't say for sure......and I really don't want to hard reset the phone just to find out.

Thanks for any input,
Brian

brian_10101

Sep 30, 2009
It should auto rotate on any screen.

If that's the case would rooting the phone have any affect with the home screen(s) not auto-rotating? Rooting the phone was one of the first things I did to it.

I basically made a pact with myself, coming from my HTC Touch Pro 2, that with this new Razr I wasn't going to bog it down with too many apps; just the ones I needed to operate efficiently. If in fact the home screens are supposed to auto-rotate then I really don't want to add an app to make the phone do something it should be doing by default.

Anything I should be looking at? What happens if I decide to hard reset the phone, start from scratch, and it makes no difference?

Thanks

brian_10101

Sep 30, 2009
So last night I decided to take the phone back to factory settings and the home screen(s) do not auto rotate. Based on the two earlier replies I was given two different answers. Am I missing something?

As an example - If I were to get one of the Motorola Razr docking stations, which holds the phone in landscape format, is that to say the phone would always display the home screen in portrait format, in relation to the phone, and would only switch to landscape only if I were to open an app? For instance, that would mean the home screen which displays the contacts favorites thumbnails, the pics would always be sitting sideways. That just doesn't seem normal.

Still curious.....:confused:

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Mine has never rotated while on the home screen, however the app drawer always does when auto rotate is enabled. Every app that rotates works perfectly as well. This has always been my experience on every android I've had (eris, incredible, fascinate, droid x2) when using the stock launcher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium