[June 18] Death V4 Business edition *NEW VERSIONs* up

Search This thread

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
CE version: 3.55.502.1
OS build: Windows Mobile 6.1 AKU 1.0.4 Build 19214

First and formost its impossible to thank everyone involved, so to keep it short and sweet im just going to thank the whole community!

There is no radio or splash that comes with this. Its an OS only!

This rom is preconfigured with ATT settings, however i have included the HTC Connection set up. *This DOES NOT run automatically

Included apps:
Random Access
Schaps advanced Config
MOdaco app to date
Black Keyboard skin
BLack dialer
TOtal Commander
Clear temp
6 button comm manager
HHC
Opera 9
Rar
Sms scheduler
Netcf V3
SQL 3.5

and tons of reg tweaks/fixes as well as numerous PLugins!

This lite version was built for the Business user in mind!

deathliteez1.jpg

**Screen shots show SOTI pocket controller, THIS IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROM

ROM LINKS BELOW

Last edited:
Reactions: safaari

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
mirrors removed, new editions up!

DeathV4 Business Edition for ATT w/PTT

DeathV4 Business Edition
*This version is preconfigured with ATT settings, however i have included the HTC Connection set up. *This DOES NOT run automatically

MIRRORS
here's a direct link for the fellow rapidshats haterz.. lolz

DeathV4 Business Edition for ATT w/PTT
DeathV4 BE

Mirror DeathV4 Business Edition for ATT w/PTT 4shared MegaUpload

Mirror DeathV4 Business Edition 4shared MegaUpload

Last edited:

milas

Aug 27, 2007
Boston, MA
Is this the same as v4 except with fewer bundled applications, or are there additional changes?

Looks good either way!

nugift

Nov 7, 2006
Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks for the new version. I will try this evening.

Actually after few day using V4.1 (as well as V3.5) I came back to V2. To me, V2 is the best in term of speed and stability. :p

habibjamil

May 8, 2006
Thanks shogunmark... let the flashing and testing begin... I like this "business user in mind" approach :)

opi8

Apr 9, 2008
thank you.

I don't want to fill up the forums with another useless post, but I really had to give you (and all the incredible, hard-working cooks of xda-dev) major props.
I'm a chronic, compulsive ROM flasher. I've tried every ROM I could possibly find over the last four months or so.
Up until recently I had lurked the Death ROM thread, but had never flashed any of the builds until v4.1 and now flashing 4.1lite.

I have to say, as far as speed, functionality, and feel, Death is in a category of its own. I had bounced between L26, Dutty's, Hyperdragon, and ryncppr most recently, and though they have each individually made amazing contributions to ROM development, none of the ROMs run like this one.
Maybe I am having a different experience than other users and this one just happens to work incredibly on my particular device? Maybe it has do with the fact that you cook and tweak it for AT&T/TILT (I also use a Tilt)?
Whatever it is, it will take one hell of a rom to pry me away from Death.
When I pull myself out of debt, I'll donate some dough your way. If you're ever in the Los Angeles area, I'll buy you a drink (or 5). If you ever want/need sound design for anything (custom sounds[beeps, blips, rings, w/e] for ROMs, sites, software; films, post-production work), need recording, mixing, mastering work, whatever--just send me a PM.

You have ended my compulsive flashing in search of a ROM I can feel content with. My life has returned (though I compulsively check for updates still). I really liked V4, but as far as applications, I mainly text/email compulsively, Opera, and Calendar. Calendar is vital to keeping my life together and ThumbCal was not cutting it. 4.1 solved my problems.

Thanks to all the cooks again. Please don't flame me for the ass-kissing. I wouldn't have if I didn't feel it was necessary.
And since I'm here I might as well ask--

Do you know how I can make Calendar recognize a phone number typed in the location field so I can click them to dial? I can do a "tel:###.###.####" in the Notes section, but the Location field would be so much more convenient (my blackjack did it).

Also, any ideas as to how to make wifi more reliable? I think it's my crappy router, but sometimes it just can't authenticate or loses connection a lot.

Is there any way to cook IMAP-IDLE functionality into the standard email program on WM6.1 without using the (unreliable) software solutions that are out there right now?

dwsco

Jul 12, 2006
Progreso, Yucatan
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Camera problem.. (?)

Just flashed and am getting an error when I start the camera app... "The file 'camera' cannot be opened..." Haven't tried to troubleshoot yet but nothing obvious. I used the last version with this radio no problem, and all the right camera files appear to be there but it's not working. A little late at night to be trying to solve so I'll look at it tomorrow but could be an issue.

slovoflud

Mar 3, 2008
Hi Shogun! Your roms are fantastic! BUT...! :) it's customized for US so much that it's problematic to use it in europe. Any plans for an EuroVDeath? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CE version: 3.55.502.1
    OS build: Windows Mobile 6.1 AKU 1.0.4 Build 19214

First and formost its impossible to thank everyone involved, so to keep it short and sweet im just going to thank the whole community!

There is no radio or splash that comes with this. Its an OS only!

This rom is preconfigured with ATT settings, however i have included the HTC Connection set up. *This DOES NOT run automatically

Included apps:
    Random Access
    Schaps advanced Config
    MOdaco app to date
    Black Keyboard skin
    BLack dialer
    TOtal Commander
    Clear temp
    6 button comm manager
    HHC
    Opera 9
    Rar
    Sms scheduler
    Netcf V3
    SQL 3.5

and tons of reg tweaks/fixes as well as numerous PLugins!

This lite version was built for the Business user in mind!

deathliteez1.jpg

**Screen shots show SOTI pocket controller, THIS IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROM

ROM LINKS BELOW
    phonesettings.dll needs to be replaced on at&t based roms in order to make the band tab available. Sometimes the chef will include this fix.

I use the attached cab. I also attached a phonesettings.dll that includes the band tab.

Thanks for the CAB. I appreciate it.