Tips & Tricks for the Desire

Search This thread

andysor

Mar 18, 2012
A2SD

Can anyone explain what the benefits of the different A2SD scripts are? I've read up on them, and currently using Amarullz on Sandvold ICS 0.4.4.

Previously I was using A2SD+ on InsertCoin 2.3.3 and it was stable, but I started getting low space notifications after a while. I don't have that problem now, but opening apps seems slower. I only have around 500MB of apps on my phone.

andy.smith

Jan 7, 2012
this is an ICS feature, not one of the desire, but anyway, here it is:

menu -> settings -> about phone -> and tap quickly on "android version" tab :D

Reactions: pewbeef

tehcyx

Mar 29, 2012
Hey guys, is there any way i can check my HBOOT version? Running Sandvolds ICS 0.4.4.3

Thanks guys.

roomate

Oct 24, 2011
Previously I was using A2SD+ on InsertCoin 2.3.3 and it was stable, but I started getting low space notifications after a while. I don't have that problem now, but opening apps seems slower. I only have around 500MB of apps on my phone.

not sure why this happen, but i face the exact same problem.
my solution was to reflash the ROM once the low space notification came up, which is quite annoying.

now i use Alex-V 1.8 with INT2SD, seems like a superior version of A2SD

hachel

Jul 31, 2010
this is an ICS feature, not one of the desire, but anyway, here it is:

menu -> settings -> about phone -> and tap quickly on "android version" tab :D

thats awesome!

Felt stupid in the beginng, tapping my phone like a madman.

Makes you wonder though how people find out about these things

mdwbeex

May 11, 2011
haha, thats nice :) does it have any function at all?

Good question - what does that do? Only running CM7 so won't be able to do anything with that until CM9 comes out for the desire/inspire... speaking of - haven't even seen any nightlies or anything else on the CyanogenMod downloads area for CM9 for this device. Has anyone heard whether it will available, or should I suck it up and just get something newer and use the inspire for a vehicular MP3 player and GPS?

naetarf

Mar 6, 2012
Sound is very low with internet phone

With Sandvold beta 0.6 is the sound of all internet phone application very low (e.g. in Mobile Voip and Viber) With earlier betas was it the same. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Froyo/Android 2.2;

Sometimes when writing SMS, the typing window can disappear and the display zooms all the way up to the very first message to that contact.

You could scroll back down endlessly of course, but instead just turn the phone to change the screen orientation and you'll get straight back to the text entry window.

SOMEtimes even that doesn't work, in which case menu/add subject. That'll get you back to the text entry window for sure. (Obviously don't actually enter a subject or it'll change the message to an MMS)
    So I thought I'd start a little thread to see what tips & tricks people are discovering about the Desire now that we are getting our hands on them :D

If you swipe your finger (L to R or R to L) across the middle button then you can scroll through home screens without touching the screen :p

If you want more options in browser including UAString (Android, Desktop, Iphone etc,) just type in url window "about:debug" (without quotes!) then press enter; it seems nothing happens but if you go into settings all new options are available;)

I'll be surprised if it hasn't been mentioned before, but a quick way to reboot:
    Power button, vol down and press the track pad at the same time.
    that's so annoying when that happens! thanks for the tip man, saves me scrolling through 200+ messages

Also you can just hold down the Menu button and it will open the keyboard and go back to the bottom of the messages :)
    I'm surprised no one in here mentioned this very unique and useful tip:
    Or maybe I'm just a n00b and didn't realize this is standard for all Android phones :p

When you're going through your (possibly very long) list of contacts, HTC doesn't give you something like iPhone's tiny alphabet bar on the right.

Instead, they did one better.

Instead of scrolling with one finger, use two fingers to scroll, this will scroll through groups of your contacts categorized by the first letter in their name.
    You only need to start the scrolling function with two fingers, then after that you can use one finger to continue scrolling through the categorized contacts (as long as that first finger is still on the screen)
    If you drag the top bit it tells you your notfications! (where the battery life is).