[Q] recommended CM7 Kernel

Search This thread

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Since i've been on CM7 with Temasek's kang i've been using Etana kernel. I've found myself wanting to play Plants vs Zombies and Draw Something among other games.

Are there any CM7 kernels that can play those games properly perhaps with ramhack and power saving tweaks enabled? Does Temasek's CM7 kernel kang play those games or does everyone stick with stock kernel?

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Yeah i'm using it and it works fine. Does temasek's kang kernel work too? I might add Voodoo sound as something i'm after.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
I tested temasek's kernel kang PvZ and draw something work there. Also got Voodoo on it :). I'm still interested in something with ramhack or power saving if the other things i'm after work. If someone could recommend would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

renmazuo274

Apr 12, 2012
PvZ, Shadowgun, Tapsonic, all good with cm7 stock kernel.

Sent from Hogwarts using my Tapatalk Owl named Optimus2x

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Yea i'm sticking with temasek's kanged kernel. I tried ironkrnl and imperticus which the latter has no ramhack and still can't play those games.

Kaleidos70

Apr 5, 2012
Cogorno (GE), Italy
Can't flash last Vadonka's

Hi everyone,
I believe Etana v3.0.y (OC version) is absolutely the best kernel for CM7 I've tried so far.
But today... :confused: I just couldn't flash the last version (15 APR)!!
The process stopped saying that my ROM was unsupported. I'm on Temasek's last kang (89) and I just don't believe that all of a sudden this rom is not supported anymore...
Can anyone give me an advice about this trouble ? What's happening?
Thanks in advance
Nicola

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
I had that come up trying to change kernels. I think it has to do with the system not writable on the current 3.0 kernels. It wouldn't even let me format system in CWM but flashing temaseks kang would then let me format system. Also reflash temaseks kang after formatting system as well as gapps.

Kaleidos70

Apr 5, 2012
Cogorno (GE), Italy
I had that come up trying to change kernels. I think it has to do with the system not writable on the current 3.0 kernels. It wouldn't even let me format system in CWM but flashing temaseks kang would then let me format system. Also reflash temaseks kang after formatting system as well as gapps.

Ok, so do you think I have to reflash the kang and then try to reflash the kernel ?
I really don't want to format the system; if it's not possible, I think I will stay with the 12 apr. version as long as Vadonka will fix the trouble: by the way It's not that bad ...

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
Yeah you don't need to format system. I read you need to when changing kernels because some change it. Since your upgrading it won't affect you.

Reactions: Kaleidos70

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Etana .32 for stability.
And if you want new experiments, you can use etana 3.0/ imperticus 3.0 kernels:)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah you don't need to format system. I read you need to when changing kernels because some change it. Since your upgrading it won't affect you.