Rooted and using CM9 but adb shell su doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
I triy to type "adb shell" in cmd which works but upon typing "su", it throws me a: "permission denied" and on the screen it says: "shell has been denied Superuser permissions.

In the superuser app, there is no record of ever accepting or denying "shell" and clearing Superuser's apk data doesn't help. Everything else related to root works besides giving adb root permissions.

What to do? In some other forum, someone said it was kernel related?

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Theshawty said:
Not running CM9 anymore, though, but I have no such option? I'm running stock.

*facepalm*

Stock rom does not come rooted, so having that option under stock settings menu wouldnt make any sense.
And you still remember that you opened this because of a feature of cm9, that you were not familiar with at the time?

Sent from my i9250 using Forum Runner

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
*facepalm*

Stock rom does not come rooted, so having that option under stock settings menu wouldnt make any sense.
And you still remember that you opened this because of a feature of cm9, that you were not familiar with at the time?

Well obviously I have rooted my phone and now when I tried that command again (for like the 30th time) it magically worked.

I don't know why, though. "Shell" couldn't seem to get superuser permissions when everything else that required root worked perfectly?

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
If youre talking about stock, Kernel/boot.img is secure

But it should work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to go to settings then developers options and enable root access to adb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium