[REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hi everyone. As we are all aware, a new variant of the Nexus 7 is coming out which has mobile data. This means it will likely run a firmware variant other than nakasi and will have a device name other than grouper. If anyone plans on buying one of these, I would love if you could check a few things for me before you go flashing ROMs to it or accepting any OTAs. Here's what I'll need from the device:

1. The bootloader version. (Found only on the main bootloader screen)
2. Android version and build # (From settings)
3. Baseband version (From settings)
4. Firmware and device name. To get these two pieces of info, open /system/build.prop in a text editor and post the values of ro.product.name and ro. product.device.

Again, please do this as soon as you power on the device, before applying any OTA that may be available out of the box! Thanks much for your help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
JBQ mentioned the 3.41 bootloader changes were for the new hardware revision, maybe he meant the version with mobile data and it could still be grouper? That would be pretty cool. If not, my money's on grouperplus. ;)

Last edited:

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Hey oldblue, segv11 is looking at system dumps from locked/unlocked 3.41 bootloader to see if there's any way to extend BootUnlocker to support the N7. I was hoping that if you had a bit of time you might be able to contribute dumps as well.

More data on what changes is better, so if anyone else reading this would like to help, please do.

Thread, method and info here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1731993&page=9

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hey oldblue, segv11 is looking at system dumps from locked/unlocked 3.41 bootloader to see if there's any way to extend BootUnlocker to support the N7. I was hoping that if you had a bit of time you might be able to contribute dumps as well.

More data on what changes is better, so if anyone else reading this would like to help, please do.

Thread, method and info here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1731993&page=9

Well I don't know how much use I'm going to be because my device isn't rooted. I keep my devices completely stock and unrooted, so in order for me to contribute bootloader or system dumps, I'd have to unlock my bootloader and root, which means setting up my N7 from scratch again. haha If I'm really needed, I might be able to do that this weekend, but I won't have time this week. :D

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Hmm yeah, unlocking for you would mean wiping, which would mean setting up from scratch. :(

Well we really would appreciate it if you could, or if anyone else you know or reading this would like to save you the trouble, please come help. It'd be nice to lock and unlock our bootloaders on a whim like we can on the Galaxy Nexus. I'll put a call for help out in the Franco thread too, definitely some rooted guys in there. ;) :good:

JirousH

Jan 20, 2012
Ostrava!!!
Sorry for the noob question, but i had download the zip and what next? Should i flash it via cwm? Thanks and sorry for my english :)

Odesláno z mého Nexus 7

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Strange.. An OTA officially into the wild before the source code?? What the heck is going on here?

TheByteSmasher

Jan 14, 2010
Atlantis
Update issues

If ou are having update issues, 2 things you can fix (if you messed with them in the first place:
if you used the adobe flash fix and changed browser.provider.proxy.odex (stock ROM) to *.odex1, remove the "1"
if you changed your camcorder to 720p and didn't backup your original system/etc/media_profiles.xml, I have attached an original copy. if no other changes were made to your system files you should be good to go!

Attachments

• media_profiles.7z
    2.2 KB · Views: 200

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
I'm on a custom Nexus 7 rom "pa_grouper" and my build number is - "4.1.2 JZ054k" can i install the update from the zip or i have to be on complete stock -JZ054K ? .

TheByteSmasher

Jan 14, 2010
Atlantis
Won't work. Your system files won't match what the update is looking for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Strange.. An OTA officially into the wild before the source code?? What the heck is going on here?

Happened like that for 4.1.2 also.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hi everyone. As we are all aware, a new variant of the Nexus 7 is coming out which has mobile data. This means it will likely run a firmware variant other than nakasi and will have a device name other than grouper. If anyone plans on buying one of these, I would love if you could check a few things for me before you go flashing ROMs to it or accepting any OTAs. Here's what I'll need from the device:

1. The bootloader version. (Found only on the main bootloader screen)
2. Android version and build # (From settings)
3. Baseband version (From settings)
4. Firmware and device name. To get these two pieces of info, open /system/build.prop in a text editor and post the values of ro.product.name and ro. product.device.

Again, please do this as soon as you power on the device, before applying any OTA that may be available out of the box! Thanks much for your help!

I no longer need item #4, but I do still need #1-3. Has anyone ordered an HSPA+ Nexus 7? If so, could you get that info for me as soon as you turn the thing on, before applying any OTAs? I have reason to believe that, like the Nexus 4 and 10, it doesn't ship with JOP40C out of the box.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
OK I was able to piece together some more data about the 3G Nexus 7's firmware. It ships with Android 4.2, Build JVP15S. I still don't have the bootloader version that JVP15S ships with. I still need someone to provide that bootloader version (just reboot into the bootloader and it'll be right there on screen) and also get the "JOP40C from JVP15S" OTA URL from logcat. These will both need to be done before updating your device to JOP40C.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
There has been an update from 4.2?

Yes. Out of the box, the 3G Nexus 7 ships with 4.2/JVP15S. There is an OTA you'll get the first time you turn it on that will bring it up to 4.2/JOP40C like all the other devices.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the new 3G/HSPA+ model, not the older WiFi-only model.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts