I have the file: GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z

It's 1.7 GB

The contents of the 7z file are:

Size (kB) File
13,631,488 boot.img
3,175,096,382 GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar
15,728,640 recovery.img
3,145,728,000 system.img.ext4

If someone can provide a place for me to upload it, I'll do so.

If you PM me I can provide you a place to upload it

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA
Do you have access to this file? I am also in need of a fix for my Reactivation Lock issue
Thanks!
I downloaded the original file you guys want a few days after the OP posted it. I saved it to my PC "just in case" things went wrong on my Dev S5. I will send that file to anyone who needs it, but I need an email/dropbox/or someway to send it. I have never flashed the file so I can't promise it will work. I know when the file was initially available a number of users flashed it (to test it) with success.

Reactions: scallawag

Rickinsav

Mar 29, 2011
Savannah, GA
FIXED!!!

Just wanted to follow up to let everyone know that I have fixed the "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock" error that had bricked my device.
I downloaded the recovery file (I'll update with a link to this file)
I flashed with Odin 3.0.7 (PDA)
It FAILED. (I expected this)
I unplugged USB, pulled the battery out
I put it back in, booted into stock recovery with Power + vol down.
Selected Normal Boot
Everything Fine!
Went to settings and turned off RL. LOL
Restarted Phone with normal Power Off menu - still fine
After reboot, opened SuperSU, still showed QuickBoot with root access
Opened QuickBoot, tapped on Recovery
It booted into TWRP (I'm on 2.7.0.0) - no problems
Rebooted again. No more error when booting to custom recovery
Profit!!!

** the battery pull trick after Odin flash fail I picked up from the Note 3 forums **
** If you have SECURE FAIL: KERNEL, you may need to perform a factory reset during the first boot after battery pull! **

A big thanks to all those who helped me via the forums and PM!

Reactions: wolfraim

wolfraim

Dec 9, 2009
Santiago
orgulloateo.tumblr.com
Just wanted to follow up to let everyone know that I have fixed the "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock" error that had bricked my device.
I downloaded the recovery file (I'll update with a link to this file)
I flashed with Odin 3.0.7 (PDA)
It FAILED. (I expected this)
I unplugged USB, pulled the battery out
I put it back in, booted into stock recovery with Power + vol down.
Selected Normal Boot
Everything Fine!
Went to settings and turned off RL. LOL
Restarted Phone with normal Power Off menu - still fine
After reboot, opened SuperSU, still showed QuickBoot with root access
Opened QuickBoot, tapped on Recovery
It booted into TWRP (I'm on 2.7.0.0) - no problems
Rebooted again. No more error when booting to custom recovery
Profit!!!

** the battery pull trick after Odin flash fail I picked up from the Note 3 forums **
** If you have SECURE FAIL: KERNEL, you may need to perform a factory reset during the first boot after battery pull! **

A big thanks to all those who helped me via the forums and PM!

Did you upload the file or will provide any link? i had the same problem...

Reactions: pir8dave

Rickinsav

Mar 29, 2011
Savannah, GA
S5 Dev Ed Rescue file - use at your own risk

Here is the link to the file I downloaded from another member. What is the error you are seeing on the boot screen with the yellow triangle? When I tried to flash this via Odin, it failed and was able to 1) unplug USB, 2)pull the battery, 3)boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset. Then I was able to disable the RL.
Recovery File:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8a454A1K5eOSEJFMEZTUmMyeTg/edit?usp=drive_web

A big thanks to @jpcalhoun for hosting this. (He didn't create it.)

solidrk881

Aug 17, 2009
Since US Cellular S5 has an unlocked bootloader could I use these rescue files for the Verizon Dev Ed to flash a us cellular S5 to verizons network?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a data dump backup of all important partitions needed to rescue your phone except for the bootloader.....these are phone specific due to a bootloader unlock key. You can locate all of these images using the link below.

I also created an ODIN flash-able rescue .tar in case you find yourself in a boot loop or other bricked state. This ODIN file contains a Stock rooted system image, stock boot image, and TWRP custom recovery. The name of this file is "GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z" and it can be found by clicking the link below.

##CREDIT##
    TWRP For their awesome recovery

Files include:

Main OS
    system.img
    recovery.img
    boot.img

Radios
    Modem.bin

ODIN Rescue FIle
    GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z

+Unpack ODIN File using 7zip
    +Flash using ODIN 3.07 in PDA section
    ****DO NOT USE "JODIN" TO FLASH
    +This will recover your phone back to a bootable state
    +After flashing this via ODIN jump into TWRP recovery and wipe cache
    +Reboot and you should be back to normal
    +If you continue to have issues or force closing jump into TWRP and factory reset

Download Here

If you found this rescue image useful and want to buy me a beer the link is below...
    Thanks to those who have donated already. :)

Donate here
    S5 Dev Ed Rescue file - use at your own risk

Here is the link to the file I downloaded from another member. What is the error you are seeing on the boot screen with the yellow triangle? When I tried to flash this via Odin, it failed and was able to 1) unplug USB, 2)pull the battery, 3)boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset. Then I was able to disable the RL.
    Recovery File:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8a454A1K5eOSEJFMEZTUmMyeTg/edit?usp=drive_web

A big thanks to @jpcalhoun for hosting this. (He didn't create it.)
    The file is available for download here:

https://www.batteryreview.info/gs5-dev_vzwstock_rooted.tar.md5.7z. That's like 1.7GB so no redownloading, testing your internet speed, and such frivolity like that, please. I have enough bits in the bucket for about 300-500 downloads, so think before you click. But if you need it, please click.
    added ext4 partition to system.img by performing a new data dump with the proper extension. Uploading now. Then Good to go
    EFS is device specific (IMEI, Mac-address and stuff). You should take it down.

Edit:- same with modemst1 and modemst2 (Snapdragon variants store their IMEI in those two partitions).