[Nexus 4][OFFICIAL] Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Search This thread

zxyz

Feb 17, 2013
never crocale

that's what i thought when i found the change to "LTE only" was not sticking. so, it's really disabled. it will always now go back to WCDMA preferred.

:crying:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Yeah, but can always just reflash a 4.2.1 radio.

pimmen

Apr 29, 2009
Re: [OFFICIAL] Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

My camera gives me fc, "gallery has stopped"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

My camera gives me fc, "gallery has stopped"

Sorry for double post, a simple cache clean and reboot cured this issue.

Mikalosh

Jul 31, 2012
Bolton
MSkip Root Kit for Nexus 4

Hello I get my new Nexus 4 tomorrow, so I am going to root it before I install any apps, but my question is; I have already installed the Nexus 7 root kit from MSkip so by installing the Nexus 4 kit along side it shouldn't cause me any problems should it? obviously it has already installed the necessary drivers. I have donated so that I can update the root kit for the Nexus 7 as well.

Mike

Freshly_Snipes

Aug 3, 2011
Atlanta

Getting a lot of force close on Google applications like contact sync and gapps. I wonder why though. I'm all stock I should mention on 4.2.2.

dinodan

Apr 18, 2012
turning down ringer from lock screen

I just got the update via ota. I can no longer lower the ringer volume from the lock screen. I now need to unlock the phone by entering my pin before it allows me to lower the ringer with the volume keys. This is annoying.... I hate having to enter my pin to turn down the ringer volume.

BTW....i also get the change in lock screen every time I unlock the phone, as previously posted

Reactions: sokil

kelton2k

Nov 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
OTA Updade Showing On Phone **Please Assist**

I have the Nexus 4 on tmobile and the update to 4.2.2 is in my notifications section. My phone is rooted, unlocked but I am running stock 4.2.1 with no custom ROM or kernel. Only thing have done up to this point is create a nandroid backup. If I update using the tmobile system update in my notifications will I have to root and unlock bootloader again? Would it be better for me to side load the update and if so would the system update continue to show up in my notifications?

idealxfit

Feb 21, 2013
Root 4.2.2

I just updated to 4.2.2 on my tmobile nexus 4. I rooted my htc evo 4g a few years ago so im somewhat familiar with the process. I downloaded the zip for 4.2.2 but for some reason when I extract to desktop I can not actually run any of the programs. So first, can I root the new OTA update (and stay stock with future updates from google)? Second, is CWM better thatn TWRP? I have not used the later. Third, if I can root the newest OTA is there a step by step with video? Thanks for your help.

freezeburn

Apr 16, 2011
spokane
I just updated to 4.2.2 and everything is working just fine. No audio issues, no volume issues, no signal issues, no issues at all. I'm stock not rooted.

I have the Nexus 4 on tmobile and the update to 4.2.2 is in my notifications section. My phone is rooted, unlocked but I am running stock 4.2.1 with no custom ROM or kernel. Only thing have done up to this point is create a nandroid backup. If I update using the tmobile system update in my notifications will I have to root and unlock bootloader again? Would it be better for me to side load the update and if so would the system update continue to show up in my notifications?

If you take the ota, you'll lose root so you need to reroot. May I suggest prior to accepting it to download bootunlocker from play store so you can unlock the bootloader first (since you're currently rooted) so you can unlock the bootloader without losing data. After accepting ota, you can reroot. If you don't unlock the bootloader prior to installing the update, you'll need to unlock it after to gain root so it'll be another round of restoring apps and data. By the way, I hope your recovery is also stock when you accept ota otherwise it has to be done manually

Flowed and Tapped from my Nexus

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010

my nexus 4 running custom android 4.2.1 rom & kernel .. how i can unrooted and install stock 4.2.2 rom ?

Onack

Feb 22, 2013
Just saying first here that I did no try this before updating to 4.2.2.

Does anyone here have problems with running adb backup? When i run the command the backup app starts on the phone, but I am unable to click the "Back up my data" button as if it wasnt a button there. "Do no back up" button is responding, but greys out both buttons only.

I wanted to do a full backup of my phone to test Ubuntu, but I dont want to do it now since its a workphone and takes some time to get everything up again.

Only thing that can make this happen except if its not a bug with 4.2.2 is my enforced exchange policy that I have added

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-16-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-16-39.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-16-57.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-16-57.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-20-03.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-20-03.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 147

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
I do not worry .... I'm sorry I wrong .... sorry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

This is the official thread for any questions, answers, help and troubleshooting regarding Android 4.2.2 for the Nexus 4. The goal of this thread is to minimize the amount of redundant threads that are about this topic.

First of all, the following thread is the official one in the General Section for the Nexus 4 regarding Android 4.2.2: [INFO] Nexus OTA Help-Desk.

Please feel free to suggest FAQs that should be added to the second post.

As usual, follow the Forum Rules, and happy posting! :)

Changelog from Android 4.2.1 to Android 4.2.2

The following changes are mainly changes that will affect the average user, for the full changelog, go here.
    • As usual, performance and stability enhancements. (Possible battery life improvements too?)
      -
    • The Google Play Store, now shows the estimated time left for downloads. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • In Quick Settings, long pressing the WiFi and Bluetooth tiles toggles them. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • ADB is now more secure thanks to the new whitelist. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • A new wireless charging tone that only plays when the battery level is below 95% And a new low battery tone. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
    Hi guys, wondering if someone can help. I encrypted my device (I'm using PA 3.55) and now can't access the internal SD via CWM (6.0.3.0) as it won't mount the SD Card. Is there anyway around this as I want to keep the encryption on the device (enforced policy when adding work email) but it seems like I can't flash anymore via CWM. Would changing permissions in Root Explorer help?

You can't mount sdcard in recovery its not possible http://teamw.in/DataMedia cwm won't let you flash encrypted phone but TWRP recovery will

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Compatibility Information Between Pieces of Android 4.2.1 & 4.2.2

This list describes cross android version compatibility between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. If you have any new information regarding anything related to this, please share it with us.

1. Basebands

4.2.1 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33
      4.2.2 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48
      -
      • Potential Incompatibility - 4.2.2 Baseband With 4.2.1 Rom - Can potentially break the sensors (auto-brightness and gyroscope).
      • Potential Incompatibility - 4.2.1 Baseband With 4.2.2 Rom - Can potentially break in-call audio.
      -
    2. Bootloaders

4.2.1 Bootloader = MAKOZ10l
      4.2.2 Bootloader = MAKOZ10o
      -
      • Unknown Compatibility - 4.2.2 Bootloader With 4.2.1 Rom - No reports yet.
      • Unknown Compatibility - 4.2.1 Bootloader With 4.2.2 Rom - No reports yet.
    Hello!

I am running Paranoid Android version 3.50. Before today I have not had any problems and I love the rom! Today though I downloaded the apk for Play Store vers. 4.1.6. After the download when I tried to install it, it simply would not install. The permissions screen appeared as usual but the install button would not respond at all. No light up, no nothing. So far I've been unable to find a fix. Please help!

Remove the halo then install the app

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Im on stock 4.4.2 a bit tweaked by myself (kernel, few xposed modules, changed bionic and dalvik libs)

Pisane w biegu.