Polaroid All in One - Root, Un-Root, Play Store, Should work on other devices

Search This thread

dwreed3785

Mar 11, 2008
It worked great!! but..

Thank you all for this thread!!

Has anyone been able to get Google Music to work? I just get a message that says it stopped unexpectedly. Several music apps will not play.

TeODH4

Dec 23, 2012
Sorry I've been away for so longs guys! I've been working on other projects. I've been focusing on AMD Hackintosh stuff. If you're intrested come join us over at OSX86. Here is my latest writeup on the AMD FX Series Processors. I'll try to get around to fixing the root check bug in 2.1b sometime soon. Not really a huge concern at the moment as it still works just fine. None the less, I'll try and get around to fixing it as soon as I can.

Last edited:

TeODH4

Dec 23, 2012
Thank you all for this thread!!

Has anyone been able to get Google Music to work? I just get a message that says it stopped unexpectedly. Several music apps will not play.

I don't have one of these to debug with anymore. But, no one else have said anything about having issues with music apps. Have you tried restoring the firmware and re-running AIO?

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Okay, time for a little update,
I finally tried the V2 firmware and it works with no problems. Actually, thinking about it now, I'm wondering where the idea that it wouldn't work came from.

Also, as a little goodie, I got Google Now working flawlessly using GNow Handlebars. Everything works great, it even speaks back to you. This is a great thing because the ICS Google Search (which is included in Polaroid AIO) crashes anyway.

As for Google Play Music (and YouTube for that matter), I have not found out why they crash. I'll try to do some more research and testing on that.

AndroidPizza

Sent from my Polaroid PTAB8000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

GreggShort

Feb 20, 2013
Could not root with 2.0 firmware

Had the tablet rooted with the 1.2 kit and the 1.0 firmware. Removed root and then "upgraded" to V2 firmware, Tried to install root with 2.1b, but couldn't get it to root. (or install the Google framework) Saw posts where this has worked in the past...what version or tricks did you use?

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Had the tablet rooted with the 1.2 kit and the 1.0 firmware. Removed root and then "upgraded" to V2 firmware, Tried to install root with 2.1b, but couldn't get it to root. (or install the Google framework) Saw posts where this has worked in the past...what version or tricks did you use?
Use a previous version of AIO to root, but use 2.1 to Install Gapps and my Market Fix.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Hey, can someone please provide a link to AIO 1.7b? It's very important that I get a copy.

Edit: Don't need it anymore, but there should really be a database of past versions.

Last edited:

Pariah5150

Mar 4, 2013
Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to Wayne and Android Pizza for the collaborative effort on this. I ran it last week and it worked perfectly. My Ptab8000 is now rooted with a fully functional Google Play Store. The tablet may still be a pile o' crap, but at least it's a functional pile o' crap.

Reactions: Android Pizza

merlinlcb

Mar 4, 2013
Recommendations

I would recommend attempting to get this to work on the PMID703c because that seems to be a highly used tablet atm, when attempting to root the pmid703c it says that there is no su binary if you could find a work around for this that would be a great accomplishment P.S. keep up the good work bro

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
I would recommend attempting to get this to work on the PMID703c because that seems to be a highly used tablet atm, when attempting to root the pmid703c it says that there is no su binary if you could find a work around for this that would be a great accomplishment P.S. keep up the good work bro

Try using an old version of the program to root and using the most recent version to add gapps.

Sent from my rooted Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

harlock59

Mar 11, 2013
Valenciennes
Hello,

does anyone know how to root polaroid pro a680 phone ?

i've tried superoneclick (-> crashes)

qq phone manager failed

and polaroid all in one (the check boxes are grayed so i can't root)

harlock59

Mar 11, 2013
Valenciennes
i don't know what ics is and do u know how is it possible to root my device ?

i guessed that ics stands for ice cream sandwich !-)

Last edited:

Tearran

Dec 17, 2011
Got this to work on a PMID705x with a little extra.
Installed Android SDK following this tut
cant post links so added a space infront of the .net "londatiga .net/it/how-to-use-android-adb-command-line-tool/".

Then I made the system read write using ADB "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"
Then ran PolaroidAIO.

I had previously semi bricked the tablet doing the PolaroidAIO 1st then remount RW And using SwitchMe.

I Followed Poloroids FAQ on lost tablet password
cant post links so added a space infront of the .com "polaroid .com/faqs/tablet-faqs/i-forgot-my-password-on-the-tablet-how-do-i-reset-it"
Was able to download OEM rom. This rom is 4.0.4 Not 4.1

Android Pizza

Jan 2, 2013
Florida
Got this to work on a PMID705x with a little extra.
Installed Android SDK following this tut
cant post links so added a space infront of the .net "londatiga .net/it/how-to-use-android-adb-command-line-tool/".

Then I made the system read write using ADB "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"
Then ran PolaroidAIO.

I had previously semi bricked the tablet doing the PolaroidAIO 1st then remount RW And using SwitchMe.

I Followed Poloroids FAQ on lost tablet password
cant post links so added a space infront of the .com "polaroid .com/faqs/tablet-faqs/i-forgot-my-password-on-the-tablet-how-do-i-reset-it"
Was able to download OEM rom. This rom is 4.0.4 Not 4.1

Wayne (the program's dev) should really start working on this again.
The program does successfully install gapps, but has issues detecting root. This leads to many issues.

Sent from my rooted Polaroid PTAB8000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Polaroid All in One is a C++ application that will easily and quickly Root, Un-Root, and Install / Remove Google Applications and Google Services Framework. This software is designed for the PTAB8000, and PMID800. However, should work for similar tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean (Google Apps only supported on Android 4.0.x). If you use this software with any other device please post your results in the this forum.

Requirements
    • Microsoft Windows (Tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP)
    • ADB Drivers Installed
    • Android Device Running 4.0 or 4.1 (Google Apps only supported on 4.0.x)

Recommended Method

Use version 1.6b to root your device, then use version 2.1b to install Google Framework.

UPDATE 8/11/14 -- Why doesn't this work with my device?

I just wanted to clear a few things up. I have had a few inquires about PAIO (Polaroid AIO) not installing Google Framework on their devices. The framework included in the latest releases is only compatible with Android 4.0.x. While PAIO v1.6b should be able to root 4.0, and 4.1 devices, the application will refuse to load the framework on a non-compatible version of android. If your tablet is not running a variant of Ice Cream Sandwich, it's simply not going to work. If we continue development we can support newer versions of Android. But, for now you would have to install the framework manually. If you would like to pursue a manual install I recommend you check out this page: http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps Make sure you know what you are doing, and install the version that is correct for your device. I'm waiting to get more feedback on the poll before I decide to continue this project.

Have a great week everyone,

Wayne

UPDATE 8/10/14 -- [Quick Survey] Should we continue development?

As I am sure some of you have noticed by now, this project has not been under active development for over a year now. We had an event that resulted in a loss of the source code for the project. As a result, the project was put on the back burner as it worked "OK"-ish. Between the 1.6b and 2.1b releases it did meet the requirements at the time, which was to root and install a full play store on the PTAB8000, and PMID800 devices. While these devices may not be as popular at this time (they had a fairly high failure rate). There are other Generic devices that people have used this program on, with mixed results. I did have a PTAB8000 with a cracked screen donated a while back. As long as we have people to test/debug, and support the project however they can. I am willing to start the project from scratch (again).

All I ask is for a few minutes of your time to take a quick survey to help me understand the interest we have in this project.
    Click here to take the survey.

UPDATE 1/21/13 -- Polaroid AIO v2.1b [Beta Release]

After a nightmare's worth of coding Polaroid All in One v2.1b is finally here. This update aims to provide the best possible user experience. While utilizing the latest patches discovered by the team. I would like to give a special shout out to Android Pizza for taking the initiative to get a fully stocked Play Store on the PTAB8000. Special thanks to the guys over at FreakTab for providing the permission files needed for the patch on the PTAB8000. Last but not least I would like to thank all of you for testing every release. You're feedback is critical to this product. Every post has helped with PAIO's development process.

PTAB8000 users please make sure you are running a stock firmware. If you have tried earlier versions of PAIO, or have used any other files to patch your tablet, you must re-flash your tablet. Please see the section below on flashing your PTAB8000.

JuU1Oke.png

UPDATE 12/30/12 -- Polaroid AIO v1.6b [Old, Stable Release]

I am leaving this version posted as it seems to have been the most stable version. This will work with Android Pizza's tutorial on the PTAB8000, and works perfectly on the PMID800. It is recommended this version be used to root, and 2.1b used to install the framework (if supported on your device).

Downloads
    ADB Drivers
    Polaroid AIO v1.6b
    Polaroid AIO v2.1b

PTAB8000 Flashing Tutorial
    PTAB8000 v2 Firmware (v1 is no longer hosted by Southern Telecom)
    Fair enough, I'll inspect the files a little more closely and see if we can shrink it all down. Did you have to run the Play Store before using the second set of files? Or does it work just the same if you copy both sets and then run the Play Store for the first time since the re-flash?

I updated the Main Post to reflect your method and created Mediafire mirrors of your files.

Regards,

Wayne

Honestly, I have no idea. I might do some experimenting to find out soon.
    Until then, we'll just have to wait for some feedback!

AndroidPizza
    Sort of, you see, when I got Google Play working I used one permission package then another. They don't seem to work alone. I tried to make this tutorial as close as it can be to what I did to get it working.

AndroidPizza

Fair enough, I'll inspect the files a little more closely and see if we can shrink it all down. Did you have to run the Play Store before using the second set of files? Or does it work just the same if you copy both sets and then run the Play Store for the first time since the re-flash?

I updated the Main Post to reflect your method and created Mediafire mirrors of your files.

Regards,

Wayne
    Honestly, I have no idea. I might do some experimenting to find out soon.
    Until then, we'll just have to wait for some feedback!

AndroidPizza

Sounds good, In the mean time I'm going to do a GUI rewrite of PolaroidAIO.
    Are the files in DSPermissions all the permission files you needed to get the play store working?

Sort of, you see, when I got Google Play working I used one permission package then another. They don't seem to work alone. I tried to make this tutorial as close as it can be to what I did to get it working.

AndroidPizza