Unofficial CM11

Search This thread

crytic

Mar 4, 2010
Berlin
Good news, everyone! CM 11 is running :)

So far, everything except ANT+ seems to be working, but I couldn't test all of it. So you be the judge. If you have any problems, fix them. Help each other, I might even try to help, but I don't have the time to fully maintain this build. Device trees and everything needed to build this will come shortly and I'm sure someone capable will take over maintenance, soon!

As with every CyanogenMod rom, you will need an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery. Gapps are not included.

I am not responsible for any bricking or data loss or whatsoever!

Download: cm-11-20140313 (Updated Build!, md5: 1a5062071cde1c8a1d8d5d7466a0f445)

Changelog:
  • 20140312: Initial Build
  • 20140313: Sensors fixed

Known Issues:
  • Transitions lag some times
  • First Camera start takes a couple of seconds (Known bug on the Z1, too)
  • ANT+ isn't working

Massive thanks to Bumble-Bee and xkonni! I am somehow unable to link them as contributors, god knows why..

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CM11, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
crytic, intervigil
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-03-12
Last Updated 2014-03-14

G

Gaúcho comedor

I'm testing the rom and will report back as soon as I find anything interesting. I'm really excited!

Last edited:

orrorin

Aug 28, 2009
Works great, but has a few bugs

First off, thank you so much for putting this together.

I'll be able to pull logs later when I get home, but quickly:
  • Animations run very slowly. I've disabled them for the time being.
  • I've had some issues waking from sleep. Will try to isolate.
  • The camera launches very slowly, but this is also the case on the Z1 CM11 build.

G

Gaúcho comedor

• The camera launches very slowly, but this is also the case on the Z1 CM11 build.

I've found the following issues so far:

• Proximity sensor does not work (ANT+ related, I assume)
  • Photosphere does not show up at all, no matter what camera version you install. I have a 4.3 camera whose Photosphere worked fine on the stock rom. I tested others and none worked on CM 11
  • Yes, animations/transitions are slow in certain situations, but not always
  • I'm not sure the battery level is being measured correctly. Either this thing is amazingly more optimized or the reading is wrong. I'll be able to test that fully tomorrow when I start the day with a full charge

I'm really glad this came out. These issues are not gonna stop me from using the crap out of this rom! Thank you, OP and other contributors! :good:

crytic

Mar 4, 2010
Berlin

• Yeah they do some times for me, too. OpenGL etc are working perfectly, no idea why that happens so far. It's smooth most of the time though. Will try to debug
  • Never had that, could you try to replicate that error and produce logs?
  • It launched very slowly the first time, for me, too. But now its almost instantaneously

I've found the following issues so far:

• Proximity sensor does not work (ANT+ related, I assume)
  • Photosphere does not show up at all, no matter what camera version you install. I have a 4.3 camera whose Photosphere worked fine on the stock rom. I tested others and none worked on CM 11
  • Yes, animations/transitions are slow in certain situations, but not always
  • I'm not sure the battery level is being measured correctly. Either this thing is amazingly more optimized or the reading is wrong. I'll be able to test that fully tomorrow when I start the day with a full charge

I'm really glad this came out. These issues are not gonna stop me from using the crap out of this rom! Thank you, OP and other contributors! :good:

• Don't think its ANT+ related, but yeah, I can confirm that. Will debug later
  • Isn't Photosphere a Nexus exclusive feature? I always thought so. But then, I only used Nexus devices in the past..
  • Transitions, yeah, what I wrote earlier
  • For now, battery seems normal for me, it has been pretty amazing on stock, too. But I haven't gotten this ROM running nearly long enough to say if battery life is longer or not.

Thanks for the reports!

Reactions: TheQwertiest
G

Gaúcho comedor

Sensors are fixed, so is ANT+ probably. As soon as I checked whether ANT really works or not, I'll upload another build.

I'm downloading the new version now and will report later. Thank you again for your contribution. That's really amazing.

G

GuestD2170

When I try to install this rom via Phils Recovery, then the installation always cancels with the message: This package is for "D5503, amami, anami" devices, this is a "honami". How can I install CM?

G

GuestD2170

Playing a little bit around with CM I found some things out:

1. When I charge my phone with magnetic cable, CM thinks my phone is in docking station. As effect the sound is disabled because the phone tries to route it through the docking station port.

2. In standby, camera app should be startet if camera button is pressed. There is only an option to turn on screen and to unlock phone with camera button. So two clicks on camera button are needed to start camera, which is uncomfortable.

3. On my motorola defy, cyanogenmod supported to save apps on the sd card. Is it possible to include this feature also in this cm version?

And as already mentioned:

Camera is slow and animations are laggy.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
1. Well the charging pin should only be used on docks so I think that's normal.
2. Would need some modifications for that probably.
3. Motorola defy has an outdated OS of android... apps on sdcard has been removed since android 4.0 ice cream sandwich.

1. When I charge my phone with magnetic cable, CM thinks my phone is in docking station. As effect the sound is disabled because the phone tries to route it through the docking station port.

2. In standby, camera app should be startet if camera button is pressed. There is only an option to turn on screen and to unlock phone with camera button. So two clicks on camera button are needed to start camera, which is uncomfortable.

3. On my motorola defy, cyanogenmod supported to save apps on the sd card. Is it possible to include this feature also in this cm version?

crytic

Mar 4, 2010
Berlin

1. Yeah, originally the magnetic port was just intended for docking stations, so the behaviour is kind of wanted. Not sure if the Z1(c) actually is able to route audio through the port, so maybe this actually should be disabled. There definitely should be a quick fix to make this adjustable at least.

2. Same thing, should be an option for that in the future.

3. Apps2SD is not officially supported anymore. There are hacks afaik, but I won't do and support that.

Slow camera is a known bug, even for the Z1. As for the animations, I have no idea on how to debug them. Benchmarks and games suggest that OpenGL is working just fine. Any ideas anyone?

Reactions: TheQwertiest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news, everyone! CM 11 is running :)

So far, everything except ANT+ seems to be working, but I couldn't test all of it. So you be the judge. If you have any problems, fix them. Help each other, I might even try to help, but I don't have the time to fully maintain this build. Device trees and everything needed to build this will come shortly and I'm sure someone capable will take over maintenance, soon!

As with every CyanogenMod rom, you will need an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery. Gapps are not included.

I am not responsible for any bricking or data loss or whatsoever!

Download: cm-11-20140313 (Updated Build!, md5: 1a5062071cde1c8a1d8d5d7466a0f445)

Changelog:
    • 20140312: Initial Build
    • 20140313: Sensors fixed

Known Issues:
    • Transitions lag some times
    • First Camera start takes a couple of seconds (Known bug on the Z1, too)
    • ANT+ isn't working

Massive thanks to Bumble-Bee and xkonni! I am somehow unable to link them as contributors, god knows why..

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CM11, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    crytic, intervigil
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-03-12
    Last Updated 2014-03-14
    The nighlty goes official ! thank you guys !:good:

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=amami
    Sensors are fixed, so is ANT+ probably. As soon as I checked whether ANT really works or not, I'll upload another build.
    My own build based on latest nightly with a bit modifications -> http://munjeni.homeunix.com/cm-11_amami-ota-d51baa3c8f.zip
    ok, those are the repos this is built from:

https://github.com/xkonni/android_device_sony_amami
    https://github.com/xkonni/android_kernel_sony_msm8974
    + CyanogenMod repos for honami

use extract files for proprietary stuff

have fun ;)