Coming from nexus 5

Search This thread

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Any suggestions before I buy mine. Anyone else coming from nexus 5? Last HTC phone was the my touch 4g and the g1. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I came from a nexus 5. Right away the signal is dramatically better, and the wifi is the best I have ever seen in a phone. I have had htc one m7, galaxy s4, and nexus 5 before this. Nexus 5 was great, but the roms all look the same. CM based this and that. At lease with this I can flash sense or gpe rom if I start to miss my nexus. Battery is about 50% better than nexus. Build quality is no comparison. Sound no comparison. Speed is about the same. Camera on nexus is sharper, but the edit tab on m8 is sooo sick with the ufocus and 3d moving. Really cool, it makes my wife who is a die hard iPhone girl start to question her phone. M8 is about 1/4 inch taller than nexus but feels good in my hand but I can really notice that 1/4 inch when I put it in my back pocket which is where I always keep my phones. Im used to it now, but just pointing it out. I love the always live digitizer so I can swipe to wake etc without battery drain like the nexus 5 kernels. The only thing I kind of miss is the wireless charging. If you are a phone junky like me, it is a great upgrade. I sold my nexus 5 16 gig with wireless charger on craigslist for $370.

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
I still have my nexus 5,and sold my g2. This is a worthy upgrade to either device. And it was hard for me to give up my g2.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
came from a GPE S4, so kinda like a nexus 5 lol
first skinned android phone in a while that i actually love... ALOT!

phone is just all around amazing piece of equipment! you will enjoy it!

jzd5032

Aug 19, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
came from a GPE S4, so kinda like a nexus 5 lol
first skinned android phone in a while that i actually love... ALOT!

phone is just all around amazing piece of equipment! you will enjoy it!

So coming from an S4 you actually like the M8? I'm stuck between the M8 and S5. The only thing holding me back is the camera

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
So coming from an S4 you actually like the M8? I'm stuck between the M8 and S5. The only thing holding me back is the camera

yea man, i loved my Google Play S4 but was getting tired of it. 4.4.2 on the GPE S4 has so many camery bugs (front facing camera was always blurry, boot animation would always freeze)

love the M8 for a skinned android phone, very very happy with my decision

Reactions: jzd5032

jsho31

Aug 4, 2010
Plano, Texas

Look at the thread where the camera shots are being uploaded by users. The camera isn't bad at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

jm700wx

Sep 22, 2008
Rhode Island
I have both a Nexus 5 and the M8 and I actually like the Nexus better. It is smaller so it is easier to handle. I don't have huge hands. The M8 is pretty though. I will use the M8 as my back up for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yea man, i loved my Google Play S4 but was getting tired of it. 4.4.2 on the GPE S4 has so many camery bugs (front facing camera was always blurry, boot animation would always freeze)

love the M8 for a skinned android phone, very very happy with my decision