Possible Bug : Colossus ROM

Search This thread
May 27, 2014
This being my first post in XDA forum. Since I do not have requisite permission to post replies in a Development thread (which sounds weird and annoying), I am creating a thread here.

I am qualifying this observation as a bug. COLOSSUS ROM by CMahendra for A117 has been the best of the lots so far amongst all the ROMs that I tested. One glitch though which I find pertinent - preferred 3G Service operator under SIM management does not work in conjunction with say, Juice Defender. This worked great in Pure Xperia Z2 (Xperia C port) ROM and Stock ROM.

Say my first sim is Vodafone and second is Airtel. I have set Preferred 3G service to use Airtel and Vodafone being default SIM for Call and messaging.
Now initially when I enable Data and select Airtel from the list of option (Vodafone/ Airtel / None), data is indeed enabled for Airtel. Later when Juice Defender turns off data to conserve power and again re-enables when I need it, it always enabled data on first SIM. So essentially SIM management's 3G Service does not override the defaults.

Siddhesh.K15

Feb 13, 2014
Mumbai
www.androiddevs.net
This being my first post in XDA forum. Since I do not have requisite permission to post replies in a Development thread (which sounds weird and annoying), I am creating a thread here.

I am qualifying this observation as a bug. COLOSSUS ROM by CMahendra for A117 has been the best of the lots so far amongst all the ROMs that I tested. One glitch though which I find pertinent - preferred 3G Service operator under SIM management does not work in conjunction with say, Juice Defender. This worked great in Pure Xperia Z2 (Xperia C port) ROM and Stock ROM.

Say my first sim is Vodafone and second is Airtel. I have set Preferred 3G service to use Airtel and Vodafone being default SIM for Call and messaging.
Now initially when I enable Data and select Airtel from the list of option (Vodafone/ Airtel / None), data is indeed enabled for Airtel. Later when Juice Defender turns off data to conserve power and again re-enables when I need it, it always enabled data on first SIM. So essentially SIM management's 3G Service does not override the defaults.

Bug in colossus rom
SIM_2 Video calling not support

@soumya.banerjee
@B Patel
I can see that because of your post count you both can't reply in development thread so you people posted here. But still posting here may or may not get attention from the dev so type there XDA username with @ at the beginning so they will get the notification.

remzej

Feb 22, 2012
Zamboanga City
Bug in colossus rom

Thanks for reporting I will take a look into this issue and make necessary changes and updates to fix it.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

First is juice defender is a bit too old app no more updates since its final released. Data connection in COLOSSUS is working perfectly in both SIM cards even when you restart you phone 3G preferred is still set to the SIM you prefer. I don't think what you are reporting is a ROM bug. I usually use battery doctor which also has auto turn off data when battery is a bit low depends on what level you will set it. But when it re-enables data when I need it, its still in my preferred 3G service that I set.

Reactions: JudasOYE

JudasOYE

Apr 30, 2014
Thanks for reporting I will take a look into this issue and make necessary changes and updates to fix it.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

First is juice defender is a bit too old app no more updates since its final released. Data connection in COLOSSUS is working perfectly in both SIM cards even when you restart you phone 3G preferred is still set to the SIM you prefer. I don't think what you are reporting is a ROM bug. I usually use battery doctor which also has auto turn off data when battery is a bit low depends on what level you will set it. But when it re-enables data when I need it, its still in my preferred 3G service that I set.

can you help me too, whenever I turn on my 3G, the signal is gone. come with an X sign. Even before I did not root my phone, i used 3G for just a week, then the next time its gone. I am currently using colossus, and I like it

remzej

Feb 22, 2012
Zamboanga City
can you help me too, whenever I turn on my 3G, the signal is gone. come with an X sign. Even before I did not root my phone, i used 3G for just a week, then the next time its gone. I am currently using colossus, and I like it

Try to isolate the problem first by replacing both sim cards and try to set network mode from 2G to 3G or vice versa

JudasOYE

Apr 30, 2014
Try to isolate the problem first by replacing both sim cards and try to set network mode from 2G to 3G or vice versa

I have been doing that, the changing of sim cards. From globe to smart, then smart to globe, sometimes i put in sun. When I turn on the 3G, the signal auto-X itself, then I tried just using 2G and yeah, the data connection works with 2G, but then I turn the 3G on again, and its gone. I tried using Yonip V7 yesterday to see if my 3G can work bec a tech in the fb group told me so, after doing so, my 3G did work. But man, I wanted COLLOSUS. :(

JudasOYE

Apr 30, 2014
Im back with colossus. Cant use my 3G though. hehe :) Tried flashing the a919i baseband, still the same.

Screenshot_2014-06-25-07-22-30.png

Screenshot_2014-06-25-07-22-47.png

Sactgr

Oct 4, 2014
chandigarh
System UI force close in colossus Note 3 rom

when ever i change my wallpaer ,after some time using my phone when i open resent app ,then system shows FC ......
and after that resent app dont open(by long pressing home key i mean)...
but after restart it opens but my wallpaper is reverted to the custom rom original one......

this rom is awsome ....i needed a fix for this issue....so any one help.... :crying:

Sactgr

Oct 4, 2014
chandigarh
Found how th system.ui FC bug occurs

the system.ui bug appears when i open google search from the air command .....which dont allow to open recent app and also reverts the wallpaper.......
to disable this bug i have to freeze google search .....
so now the root of the problem has been found ....can some make a fix for it??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bug in colossus rom

@soumya.banerjee
    @B Patel
    I can see that because of your post count you both can't reply in development thread so you people posted here. But still posting here may or may not get attention from the dev so type there XDA username with @ at the beginning so they will get the notification.
    Bug in colossus rom