VZW KK APN Settings

Search This thread

takethecake

Nov 22, 2013
Bethesda, MD
Somehow during my update to the 24A baseband, I lost my APN settings (there are no entries), and therefore have no mobile data ("Mobile Network State: Disconnected"). Where can I find the APN settings for my vzw g2? I found a site that claimed to have the correct VZW apn settings (can't post links yet, just google "buzzmobile verizon apn" and it's the top result) but for some reason, whenever I try and set the MNC to 012, the entire APN entry disappears from the menu. Entering all the other settings and leaving the MNC at its default (I think it was 004) didn't resolve my internet connection. Any ideas? I was thinking I could probably revert to stock KK using the kdz method, but since that'd be rather time consuming, if there's any way I could just flash a quick fix or something I'd prefer that.

I'm running Mahdi 6-28 build, V6 patch, 4.4.4 PA mini gapps, 24A baseband

Reactions: topdawg7793

takethecake

Nov 22, 2013
Bethesda, MD
After several hours of searching and troubleshooting I found a fix. Trying to make APN entries didn't lead anywhere, and editing the apn-conf.xml also did nothing. I had flashed 4 or 5 different 4.4.4 roms (some stock, some AOSP) and still nothing, but for whatever reason, doing a wipe and flashing XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.2.1 ROM (can't post link sorry) fixed my mobile data. I then did a system/cache/dalvik/data wipe and reinstalled Mahdi 6-28 and boom I have Mahdi with working LTE. Sorry for the spam I guess, but maybe this will help anyone having similar issues.

Reactions: topdawg7793

topdawg7793

Mar 28, 2012
After several hours of searching and troubleshooting I found a fix. Trying to make APN entries didn't lead anywhere, and editing the apn-conf.xml also did nothing. I had flashed 4 or 5 different 4.4.4 roms (some stock, some AOSP) and still nothing, but for whatever reason, doing a wipe and flashing XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.2.1 ROM (can't post link sorry) fixed my mobile data. I then did a system/cache/dalvik/data wipe and reinstalled Mahdi 6-28 and boom I have Mahdi with working LTE. Sorry for the spam I guess, but maybe this will help anyone having similar issues.

Ran into the same exact issue on a friend's phone. Going to try this out. Regardless if it works, thanks for the post!

UPDATE: It worked. The 24a bootstack includes the new modem and properly formats relevant partitions. I flashed XDABBEB's ROM just to replicate your exact procedure but this shouldn't be necessary. The bootstack is all that is needed when coming from a 12b rom.

Last edited:

remicks

Apr 21, 2011
Nowhereville, USA
aokpcb.broc.co
Ran into the same exact issue on a friend's phone. Going to try this out. Regardless if it works, thanks for the post!

UPDATE: It worked. The 24a bootstack includes the new modem and properly formats relevant partitions. I flashed XDABBEB's ROM just to replicate your exact procedure but this shouldn't be necessary. The bootstack is all that is needed when coming from a 12b rom.

Having the same issue and flashing the 24a bootstack without the ROM does nothing. About to return this phone, it seems like nothing works correctly unless you are on the POS bloated stock ROM. What a shame, such potential on this device. Oh well.

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
Having the same issue and flashing the 24a bootstack without the ROM does nothing. About to return this phone, it seems like nothing works correctly unless you are on the POS bloated stock ROM. What a shame, such potential on this device. Oh well.

Return it to stock, let it take the KK OTA, root it, autorec for recovery, flash your 24A based rom of choice, that always works for me.

I had Carbon running fine on mine til I got bit by the black line issue. I haven't put AOSP on the replacement, probably will soon..

remicks

Apr 21, 2011
Nowhereville, USA
aokpcb.broc.co
Return it to stock, let it take the KK OTA, root it, autorec for recovery, flash your 24A based rom of choice, that always works for me.

I had Carbon running fine on mine til I got bit by the black line issue. I haven't put AOSP on the replacement, probably will soon..

Trying this now, returning to 11a robbed me of my LTE for some reason though... doesn't even show up in the network info screen that shows the 3g/1x/LTE signal strength... weird...

topdawg7793

Mar 28, 2012

Haha I should have clarified. I meant that flashing the 24a bootstack and THEN flashing a 24a-based rom should do the trick. Flashing the 24a bootstack, XDABBEB's rom, and then (clean) flashing another 24a-based rom is redundant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Somehow during my update to the 24A baseband, I lost my APN settings (there are no entries), and therefore have no mobile data ("Mobile Network State: Disconnected"). Where can I find the APN settings for my vzw g2? I found a site that claimed to have the correct VZW apn settings (can't post links yet, just google "buzzmobile verizon apn" and it's the top result) but for some reason, whenever I try and set the MNC to 012, the entire APN entry disappears from the menu. Entering all the other settings and leaving the MNC at its default (I think it was 004) didn't resolve my internet connection. Any ideas? I was thinking I could probably revert to stock KK using the kdz method, but since that'd be rather time consuming, if there's any way I could just flash a quick fix or something I'd prefer that.

I'm running Mahdi 6-28 build, V6 patch, 4.4.4 PA mini gapps, 24A baseband