[Q] HTC HD7 Screen

Search This thread

rafter_01

Jul 21, 2008
Hi All,

after the launch yesterday i'm quite excited to pick up my windows mobile 7 at the end of this month. But i have a question, will the htc hd7 screen be the same as the HTC HD2? if so why?

How would you compare it to the IPHONE 4 screen?

Also, o2 UK are releasing HTC HD7 on the 21st Oct, is that the case with TMobile UK too?

powersquad

Jun 14, 2009
HD7 has super LCD screen. HD2 has standard TFT LCD. super LCD is comparable with SUPER AMOLED screens.

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
HD7 has super LCD screen. HD2 has standard TFT LCD. super LCD is comparable with SUPER AMOLED screens.

Where you getting that info from, the HTC site doesnt say anything other than the size of the screen and the res.

Disapointed with the specs of the HD7 compared to the HD2, they look pretty much the same bar less buttons and WinMo7...

rafter_01

Jul 21, 2008
Where you getting that info from, the HTC site doesnt say anything other than the size of the screen and the res.

Disapointed with the specs of the HD7 compared to the HD2, they look pretty much the same bar less buttons and WinMo7...

completely agree.... but i'm confident HD7 will be good. I just cant be bothered waiting for a WP7 port for HD2. Going to sell it... :)

TMOBILE UK HD7 Release? anyone

Wandy_1974

Feb 11, 2010
yes practically identical. HTC retained the form factor because HD2 has been so successful - so why change? and besides, the HD7 is supposed to offer really good GPU which HD2 is sorely lacking

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
yes practically identical. HTC retained the form factor because HD2 has been so successful - so why change? and besides, the HD7 is supposed to offer really good GPU which HD2 is sorely lacking

Your thinking the newer smaller CPU (45nm instead of the current 65nm) which has some different GPU in it, for now the CPU in the HD2 and HD7 are the same as is the GPU, if WinMo7 is tweaked for a certain spec then we could see more performance from the same hardware but the dual core/better GPU chips will probably be mid next year now..

Cruzer1

Jun 23, 2009
Sydney
Even if we get dual core CPU's with better GPU's by the end of next year, I doubt Microsoft would allow devs to fully utilise those specs, making launch devices useless (and consumers angry). Plus devs have to make their apps/games compatible with the lowest spec device to be able to make money anyway.

Regarding the OP, the HD7s screen is supposedly a standard LCD TFT screen according the Slashgear who have an article comparing the HD7 with the IP4

"Furthermore, the HD7′s display is just an LCD TFT display, and in today’s age where we have Super AMOLED displays, Super LCD, IPS, and especially Retina Displays, it just doesn’t compete. That doesn’t mean that the HD7′s display is bad in its own right, but comparing it to the iPhone 4′s Retina Display just shows how far back the HD7 is when it comes to displays, even if it is huge"

Source: http://www.slashgear.com/htc-hd7-vs-iphone-4-11107287/

hoss_n2

the better graphics in not because hd7's GPU (it has the same as hd2 ) but becauseof the good graphics drivers supplied by microsoft and that what htc couldn't do for long years , that is why all wp7 devices have same processor , as drivers are supplied by microsft not the the manufacturing company

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
So basically then there are what you could call reference phones in the same way nVidia/ATi release reference graphics cards..
We now have to sit back and wait a few months until all the OEM's start tweaking units and get a bit more creative...

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
What the different between QSD8250 v/s MSM8250?

As I know QSD is 1st generation while MSM is 2nd generation using smaller semiconductor Technology which is 45nm than 1st generation which is 65nm.

Beside this, 1st generation using Adreno 200 GPU but 2nd generation using Adreno 205.

From spec, it seems MSM8250 better, at least it use newer GPU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(processor)

and HD7 not for O2 only.

Singapore is launching it next Thursday (21-October-2010)

hoss_n2

What the different between QSD8250 v/s MSM8250?

As I know QSD is 1st generation while MSM is 2nd generation using smaller semiconductor Technology which is 45nm than 1st generation which is 65nm.

Beside this, 1st generation using Adreno 200 GPU but 2nd generation using Adreno 205.

From spec, it seems MSM8250 better, at least it use newer GPU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(processor)

and HD7 not for O2 only.

Singapore is launching it next Thursday (21-October-2010)

nothing is named msm 8250 ,look at qualcomm website
1st generation (QSD 8250& 8650), second generation
(msm7x30 & msm8x55) http://www.qualcomm.com/products_services/chipsets/snapdragon.html