[Mod] System fonts

Search This thread

davey11

Jan 1, 2011
Yreka, CA
Hey guys, coming from a fascinate, we had some mods that I used and was trying out some with the Charge. These are system fonts that will show up in the menu in settings/display settings/font style.
We were flashing fonts from this thread.
They would work but we couldn't figure out how to get them to show up in the font style menu.
The credit goes out to thatdudebutch.
He made these apks and flashable zip to install, but when I tried it, my phone soft bricked. Not sure why, the pathway was correct, but just didn't work.
So, I just took out the meta-inf folder rezipped them, so there are about 70 font.apks in it. I can't believe they charge like a dollar for each font when you hit the "get fonts online" button.

To install, unzip the file and move the whole bunch to the data/app folder. They DO NOT go into the system/font folder. You need to be rooted and use a file manager like root explorer. They will show up in the font style menu and you can choose which to apply.

Download the zip here

Again all credit goes to thatdudebutch.

snap20110531_221153.png

this is a screenshot from my charge :)

theReDkoolAiD

Apr 15, 2010
Worked fine from the computer (w/ chrome) but download unsuccessful when I tried to download on phone

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App

Edit: I just uploaded, so try this: http://www.multiupload.com/5LDVQCLLLK

Edit2: all links work except direct download

Last edited:

theReDkoolAiD

Apr 15, 2010
Hi, on gingerbread, where should I save the fonts? I do not see data/apps there.
I'm on GB 2.3.4 leak and this is what I did:

1. Go to a file explorer, FE, that will allow you to edit internal phone files I use “Root Explorer,” and that’s what I’ll be referring. REMEMBER TO BE CAREFUL IN THERE YOU COULD MESS UP YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION!!!!

2. In the FE find the “sdcard” and enter
1.png

3. Now find the zip you downloaded, I put mine on the root of my SD so it is easy to find, and LONG PRESS.
2.png

4. Extract All…now this may be different if you are using another FE; i.e.,
extract to or something of the sort
3.png

5. Go to where the files have been extracted
4.png

6. Yeah they are all here….
5.png

7. Hit menu and then “Multi-select” now if you are using another FE do what
you have to select all the files you want
6.png

8. Now that you are done selecting the files you want, copy it…
8.png

9. With the files you just copied, back out of the “sdcard” to the root of the
phone and find “data”
9.png

10. Now find “app” and enter
10.png

11. Whilst in the “app” folder paste the files you always wanted…your done.
11.png

Hope this helped

Last edited:
S

Samsuck

Thanks man. Worked great for me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, coming from a fascinate, we had some mods that I used and was trying out some with the Charge. These are system fonts that will show up in the menu in settings/display settings/font style.
    We were flashing fonts from this thread.
    They would work but we couldn't figure out how to get them to show up in the font style menu.
    The credit goes out to thatdudebutch.
    He made these apks and flashable zip to install, but when I tried it, my phone soft bricked. Not sure why, the pathway was correct, but just didn't work.
    So, I just took out the meta-inf folder rezipped them, so there are about 70 font.apks in it. I can't believe they charge like a dollar for each font when you hit the "get fonts online" button.

To install, unzip the file and move the whole bunch to the data/app folder. They DO NOT go into the system/font folder. You need to be rooted and use a file manager like root explorer. They will show up in the font style menu and you can choose which to apply.

Download the zip here

Again all credit goes to thatdudebutch.

snap20110531_221153.png

this is a screenshot from my charge :)