[UTIL] DeSense, Cleanup, NEW MainVer fix, + more ** [v9 updated 3/8]

Search This thread

reggie cheeks

May 5, 2011
Lake Tapps
Unbelievable! JoelZ Redefined /desensed+nova+romControl (thanks to this tool!) = joy!
I did need to use root explorer for mms/romControl/settings but everything is working great!!
Thanks again!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Unbelievable! JoelZ Redefined /desensed+nova+romControl (thanks to this tool!) = joy!
I did need to use root explorer for mms/romControl/settings but everything is working great!!
Thanks again!

Yeah, I'm using Joelz too.... wicked fast! I didn't know if I should add the rom control apk as it takes up some ram, i like my phone running clean =P

reggie cheeks

May 5, 2011
Lake Tapps
That's a good point. I've only used one setting in Rom control...
Uninstalled it:) and it kept the custom label:)

Last edited:

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
I am using Joel redefined ics and not being able to send mms. Anyone else having problems with mms?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

I'm using the same rom... once in a blue moon i'll get an error message from the mms app while sending a message but it still sends. I can't really replicate the issue that you're having =\

mikeyasuragi

Dec 16, 2010
Just a heads up, Yeh tool removes a module/apk/whatever called "View Video" that's necessary to, well... view videos. This occurs when using option 3 or 5, not sure which, but I'm guessing 5. YouTube and flash still work, but watching videos stored on the phone does not work through the HTC gallery.

whitelight

Sep 23, 2010
Just a heads up, Yeh tool removes a module/apk/whatever called "View Video" that's necessary to, well... view videos. This occurs when using option 3 or 5, not sure which, but I'm guessing 5. YouTube and flash still work, but watching videos stored on the phone does not work through the HTC gallery.

Yeah I noticed the other day. I was surprised, but luckily I had mobo player installed so I was able to watch the videos just fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

tbaker077

Jan 17, 2009
California
I am using the mms.apk on latest redefined rom, but I am right now having issues getting mms to work. I can't open/receive the picture a friend sent me.

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago

Yeah, I don't use the stock HTC Video player, I downloaded one that also plays divx codecs. That's why I removed it.

I am using the mms.apk on latest redefined rom, but I am right now having issues getting mms to work. I can't open/receive the picture a friend sent me.

Stock mms is a known issue for joelz roms right now. I Believe he knows about this issue and is working on it for his "Sensless release".

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Updated script no long removes apk's, but now backs them up. The script has the ability to restore all HTC sense and google/verizon extras. If you're missing something from HTC that you want you can move the file from /system/app/bkup to /system/app using a root explorer app or adb shell command (let me know if you need help doing this).

Reactions: whitelight

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Using CR 2.3 as a base, the "ICS Notifications and settings" crashes repeatedly. It's the SystemUI.apk that's jacked and I'm trying to find out where. I just know that my "full o' bloat" systemui is twice as big as the ICS systemui included in this package. Anyone had any luck on a fix? If not, I'm looking for it myself.

Edit...looks like the wallpaper service..??
02-21 14:00:20.752 W/WallpaperService( 745): Wallpaper service gone: ComponentI
nfo{com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.ImageWallpaper}
02-21 14:00:20.892 W/dalvikvm(14046): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 949:
Lcom/android/systemui/ImageWallpaper$DrawableEngine;.setOffsetNotificationsEnab
led (Z)V
02-21 14:00:20.902 E/AndroidRuntime(14046): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.and
roid.systemui.ImageWallpaper$DrawableEngine.setOffsetNotificationsEnabled
02-21 14:00:20.902 E/AndroidRuntime(14046): at com.android.systemui.ImageWal
lpaper$DrawableEngine.onCreate(ImageWallpaper.java:174)
02-21 14:00:20.912 E/EmbeddedLogger( 745): App crashed! Process: com.android.sy
stemui

Last edited:

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Using CR 2.3 as a base, the "ICS Notifications and settings" crashes repeatedly. It's the SystemUI.apk that's jacked and I'm trying to find out where. I just know that my "full o' bloat" systemui is twice as big as the ICS systemui included in this package. Anyone had any luck on a fix? If not, I'm looking for it myself.

Edit...looks like the wallpaper service..??
02-21 14:00:20.752 W/WallpaperService( 745): Wallpaper service gone: ComponentI
nfo{com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.ImageWallpaper}
02-21 14:00:20.892 W/dalvikvm(14046): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 949:
Lcom/android/systemui/ImageWallpaper$DrawableEngine;.setOffsetNotificationsEnab
led (Z)V
02-21 14:00:20.902 E/AndroidRuntime(14046): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.and
roid.systemui.ImageWallpaper$DrawableEngine.setOffsetNotificationsEnabled
02-21 14:00:20.902 E/AndroidRuntime(14046): at com.android.systemui.ImageWal
lpaper$DrawableEngine.onCreate(ImageWallpaper.java:174)
02-21 14:00:20.912 E/EmbeddedLogger( 745): App crashed! Process: com.android.sy
stemui

That's weird... what rom are you using? And more importantly, have you ran any of the de-sense options (1 or 2)? If you haven't you will most likely be getting errors, as the rosie.apk is expecting the regular HTC SystemUI.apk to be there, while other launchers shouldn't care.

Edit: just saw you're using Clean rom, disregard first question...

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
That's weird... what rom are you using? And more importantly, have you ran any of the de-sense options (1 or 2)? If you haven't you will most likely be getting errors, as the rosie.apk is expecting the regular HTC SystemUI.apk to be there, while other launchers shouldn't care.

Edit: just saw you're using Clean rom, disregard first question...

I'm running the launcher2 included in one of the earlier versions of this tool. The new settings APK works just fine. Is SystemUI from a 4.0.1 ROM or a 4.0.3 ROM? CR2.3 is based on 4.0.1. So that could be a problem.

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
I'm running the launcher2 included in one of the earlier versions of this tool. The new settings APK works just fine. Is SystemUI from a 4.0.1 ROM or a 4.0.3 ROM? CR2.3 is based on 4.0.1. So that could be a problem.

ah ok, there's our problem. the new systemui I guess is only working for 4.0.3 roms. I have attached a previous version for 4.0.1 to this post. let me know if you try it and it works.

Reactions: MrSmith317

wolfnumba1

May 5, 2007
New Rochelle
Gps

Anybody else have an issue after removing htc sense with this utility that gps locks take much longer? Also it seems sometimes gps doesn't even come on right away as the icon does not show in the status bar. Any fox for this?

update - the issue seems to be that the gps doesn't turn on automatically because I open an app that uses gps like maps or gpstest it doesn't lock, when I toggle gps from quick settings the gps symbol in status bar shows up and it locks gps position immediately

Last edited:

RomsWell

Jul 10, 2011
Venice
DL link dead? Anyone mind sharing a 7.1 link

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "So easy, a caveman can do it"

AS ALWAYS use at your own risk. Not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone.

Updated DeSense for both, ICS and GB, roms. Changes are NO LONGER permanent.

What can I use this for?:

- set your mainver to accept any of the rezound PH*.zip files while using bootloader
    - change look and feel of your rom from sense to something else
    - remove extra apps not needed to use your phone
    - install apps you need before logging into market
    - easily reboot into recovery/bootloader w/o pulling the battery
    - block ads
    - fix bluetooth on ICS roms

Instructions:
    ** Must ALREADY be rooted before running (htc Dev Unlock)**
    - HTC Drivers must be installed on PC
    - USB Debugging turned on for phone
    - Connect via usb and charge only
    - extract zip somewhere and double click DeSense_v#.bat
    - Choose option in menu
    Extra steps (recommended)
    - Prior to de-sense, log in to all your accounts and setup the intial syncing because you may not be able to once you have de-sensed. Syncing should work after you de-sense if you do this...
    Optional:
    - Nandroid backup your phone in case you run into issues.

Available options:
    **1** DeSense for both ICS and GB
    Removes Sense UI. Must have a launcher already installed!!!

**2** Fix Bluetooth on ICS roms
    Thx to JoelZ. Click here and thank/donate!

**3** Restore
    Restores all of the original apk's you have removed using this util

**4** Install apps (choice menu)
    Included apps are:
    - wifi tether
    - es file explorer
    - titanium backup
    - Swype
    - Nova Launcher (ICS Only)

**5** Remove more HTC, Verizon & google extras
    Now removes even more apps!!! If you need something back that this removed, you can use any root exploring program to move the apk from /system/bkup/ to /system/

**6** Change Mainver to universal
    Will set your MainVer to "1.00.000.0". This should allow you to install any rom's boot image without getting a mainver error.
    Big thanks to drellisdee. Click here to thank/donate!

**7** Remove HTC Lockscreen
    Removes HTC circle lockscreen and reverts to default android (NOTE: See Troubleshooting/Issues below, before performing this option*.)

**8** Install ICS notification bar and settings (!!!do not use!!!)
    do not use this option as most of (if not all) the newer roms will not be based off the 3.0.11

**9** Install ad-block hosts file
    This will block ads in your browser(s) and apps. Must reboot to take effect.

**0** Reboot (choice menu)
    Reboot options
    - into bootloader
    - into recovery
    - or normal

Change Log:
    v7 -Changed ICS launcher to nova launcher
    -Changed settings.apk to a stable one tweaked by romanbb
    -Added "flash boot.img" option (use caution)
    v7_1 - No longer deleting files, making a backup instead.
    - No longer removing htc video (apk)
    - Made flashing a boot.img even easier and fail proof
    - No longer installing swype/wifi on system (applications were not opening on some roms also gives u ability to uninstall them)
    v8 - Updated with new options
    - No longer removing htc video (for real this time :p)
    v8_1 - Made instructions clearer for new 4.0.3 builds
    - correctly mounting system for option 8
    v9 - Removing more extra apps that might be on your phone
    - Added TiBu, ES File Explorer
    - Updated wifi tether, nova launcher
    - removed go launcher, mms, and contacts apks because of confusion (use v8.1) if you want those apks

Troubleshooting/Known Issues:
    Wifi tether isn't working
    - Open the app go to
    settings > change device profile > "Samsung Galaxy Nesus (CDMA/LTE)"
    settings > change setup method > "Netd (master)"
    settings > check "Routing Fix"

I get error messages after removing HTC extras, Verizon/Google exras, etc
    - Reboot your phone!!!

HTC Lockscreen no longer has shortcuts
    - No fix available

*Need to unlock phone to answer calls
    - No fix available, if this is a problem DO NOT uninstall HTC lockscreen

**Cannot click "About" & "ROM Control" in ICS settings
    - No fix available, if this is a problem DO NOT install ICS notification and settings

**System UI crashes after boot
    - No fix available, if this is a problem DO NOT install ICS notification and settings
    - It only crashes once after boot, other than that I have not seen it crash again.

Download Link:

v9
    Download v9 Here

v8.1
    Download v8.1 Here
    +1 I haven't been able to track it down either.

I found the missing package is "com.htc.opensense". I'm not to sure what else this enables but I still have a de-sensed ui. I will create a batch file for easy use.
    Dl link not working. Sent pm to op. Waiting.

DL link dead? Anyone mind sharing a 7.1 link

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

added mirror link for those having trouble with min.us download
    Change line 176 from this:

root\adb install root\rootwireless_tether_2_0_7.apk

to this:

root\adb install root\wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk

-M
    I went back to gingerbread can i just remove the apps from the de-sensing program and start all over again? and what about the ics icons in the status bar will i need to wait for a fix from you?

You can use any option except the ones that are ICS only. i.e. the status bar/settings option (8).

You think you can fix the messaging app to have MMS working please, cause MMS works with gosms, and even the Sense sms app, but not with asop. Thanks.

I'm not familiar w/ java/android programming, I have only just started by creating adb batch files. I will not be able to fix the ICS mms.apk. If someone has an apk for 4.0.3.1 then I will add it to the script.