FAT32 partition can't be mounted (LG L3)

Search This thread

dxage

Jan 25, 2013
After partitioning SD card in FAT32 (1st partition, primary) and EXT2(2nd partition, primary) android system can't mount FAT32 partition. Notification area displays error message: "Empty external SD card: external SD card empty or file system..."

Link2SD's script is mounting EXT2 partition and I can link apps to it.

Tried following command through ADB shell which mounted FAT32 partition (it was visible to file manager and could be used), but the change was not noticed by android (notification area still displays the error message) and I has to be typed in after every reboot:

mount -rw -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 <mountpoint> (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1962023&nocache=1)

Any idea how to solve this?

dxage

Jan 25, 2013
reformat your sdcard n try this partitions;
- FAT > primary > as minimum = 7Mb
- EXT2 > primary > as you needs
- FAT32 > primary > as remains size

idk idea what for that FAT partition, but that's all what you need to work on stock...
good luck then ;)

Thanks for answering, I didn't try it yet because it's lot of work.. :)

dxage

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks, although I know how to partition SD card. I'm just lazy to do it because my phone is all set up the way I like. :)

FlowUK

Mar 5, 2013
Thanks, although I know how to partition SD card. I'm just lazy to do it because my phone is all set up the way I like. :)

I waited to do mine when it was time to flash the latest cm update.. since my phone will be connect to the pc.I can quickly back up my files as well as put the new update on my external sd.

Runcajs

Apr 20, 2014
reformat your sdcard n try this partitions;
- FAT > primary > as minimum = 7Mb
- EXT2 > primary > as you needs
- FAT32 > primary > as remains size

idk idea what for that FAT partition, but that's all what you need to work on stock...
good luck then ;)

Today I tried your idea, but problem with sd card is not solve :(

Top Liked Posts