[Q] Flashed a corrupted hboot.img... bricked

Search This thread

Eason85

Dec 7, 2012
Bangkok
So... I was trying to revert my M7 to stock so I could send it in and get the camera fixed. At the time it was bricked, it was S-off.

I followed this guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44080767&highlight=model+id+check+fail#post44080767 and downloaded the hboot they linked. I didn't realize it, but the download completed with only 100k or so completed of the 2mb file. I wrote it in fastboot, rebooted and BAM. Black screen. When I plug in the USB, I get a sound that the device is recognized, but that's it. ****. What else can I do? Holding the power button doesn't even make the lights flash, because I have somehow written a corrupted 100k hboot to my phone. Is there any way to fix this? Should I just give it to the courier who was going to pick it up to fix my camera and tell him some story about how it suddenly bricked?

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Can you still boot into Bootloader.

If so can you post a fastboot getvar all..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Eason85

Dec 7, 2012
Bangkok
Can't get into bootloader-- the screen doesn't turn on. I just hear the USB sound when I plug it in/unplug it. Can't seem to turn it off. Computer recognizes it as QHSUSB_DLOAD

Thaevil0ne

Jul 26, 2011
Can't get into bootloader-- the screen doesn't turn on. I just hear the USB sound when I plug it in/unplug it. Can't seem to turn it off. Computer recognizes it as QHSUSB_DLOAD

That is bad, have not seen a single person who was able to fix QHSUSB_DLOAD.
Sending it to HTC will be the only fix as far as I know.

See here for more QHSUSB_DLOAD information on mulitple devices:
http://xdaforums.com/tags.php?tag=qhsusb_dload

Kind regards, Stefan.

Last edited:

Eason85

Dec 7, 2012
Bangkok
oh jesus... is there anything I could tell the courier/HTC that would make sense? I bought this phone 2 months ago...

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
They probably won't be able to tell if the phone was ever rooted. Dead motherboard.. Just hand it in.. and if under warranty they will replace it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I'll tell them it fell on the floor while I was backing my things up... :s

QHUSB_DLOAD issue sometime happen for no reason (dead motherboard) even if the user have not tampered with the phone. In this case you did but they will not know.

So better to tell something like: I let my phone charge, when I woke up in the morning it was dead instead of telling them you droped it on the floor (as it could void the warranty)