[Q] nexus 7 and 5 notification dismissal

Search This thread

yanic123

May 1, 2011
Hi, I just got my Nexus 7 last week and have an issue with dismissing notifications.

I thought at I/o a year back they said that if u dismiss a notification on one device it should dissappear on others on that Google account too?

Mine doesn't however, for games or gmail or hangouts or exchange. Is there a check box to allow this?

Both devices are running 4.4.

Iain

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hi, I just got my Nexus 7 last week and have an issue with dismissing notifications.

I thought at I/o a year back they said that if u dismiss a notification on one device it should dissappear on others on that Google account too?

Mine doesn't however, for games or gmail or hangouts or exchange. Is there a check box to allow this?

Both devices are running 4.4.

Iain

It was unveiled at last year's I/O, but it was up to the developers to implement that feature into their apps. That being said, my Gmail and Hangouts notifications work as they should (disappearing off all my other devices once checked on one device). Pretty much almost all of Google's apps have this implemented. Sad to say, but it doesn't appear there were very many devs that took advantage of this. There are still a lot of apps that leave notifications even though I've checked them on another device.

yanic123

May 1, 2011
It was unveiled at last year's I/O, but it was up to the developers to implement that feature into their apps. That being said, my Gmail and Hangouts notifications work as they should (disappearing off all my other devices once checked on one device). Pretty much almost all of Google's apps have this implemented. Sad to say, but it doesn't appear there were very many devs that took advantage of this. There are still a lot of apps that leave notifications even though I've checked them on another device.

ah thanks, I see why some games don't but still find it strange that my gmail apps aren't.