[WARNING] New 4.3 Update locks you to 4.3

Search This thread

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
Well today i found out after getting tired of this trying to root 4.3 i decided to use a custom rom again.

Guess what happend...

No custom rom works anymore as imei magically dissapears. It only returns if you ... guess what...

Use Sony 4.3.

Well thank you very much Sony assholes for updating s1boot and making it irreversibel.

Luckily it seem that it might be able to get fixed with new proprietary blobs but that will maybe take some time for some dev's to add on their builds.

cgomezparra

Sep 8, 2011
Acapulco De Juarez, Gro.
Downgrade Via Flashtool

Well today i found out after getting tired of this trying to root 4.3 i decided to use a custom rom again.

Guess what happend...

No custom rom works anymore as imei magically dissapears. It only returns if you ... guess what...

Use Sony 4.3.

Well thank you very much Sony assholes for updating s1boot and making it irreversibel.

Luckily it seem that it might be able to get fixed with new proprietary blobs but that will maybe take some time for some dev's to add on their builds.

Are you trying to downgrade with Flashtool?, cause in Xperia Z1 is the same, the IMEI goes to 00000 but when you downgrade to 4.2.2 exclude the baseband and everything is ok and then you can flash your custom rom.......

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
i had this experience: i have the 6802, and i was on the stock 4.3 update, flashed the adv. stock kernel to get recovery, and restored a CM10.2 nandroid. when it booted up i had no radio signal, so i restored everything from a .257 FTF except system and kernel, and after that everything was fine. i don't know if this was 'correct', but it worked. i didn't check to see if i lost IMEI, but i definitely have it after doing those steps.

TimeTurn

Dec 5, 2010
Berlin
I simply did a nandroid restore with the CWM recovery from the CM 10.2 boot.img - all up and running, IMEI still there.

ChillyChan

Mar 15, 2011
i had this experience: i have the 6802, and i was on the stock 4.3 update, flashed the adv. stock kernel to get recovery, and restored a CM10.2 nandroid. when it booted up i had no radio signal, so i restored everything from a .257 FTF except system and kernel, and after that everything was fine. i don't know if this was 'correct', but it worked. i didn't check to see if i lost IMEI, but i definitely have it after doing those steps.

Yes, flashing .257 FTF fixed it for me too (C6802). I flashed everything.

Last edited:

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes, flashing .257 FTF fixed it for me too (C8602). I flashed everything.

ah hey, cool. yeah, i would'a flashed everything but i wanted to stay on CM10.2. so i just made sure the other firmware was downgraded.

but again, it seems possible that there cold be other differences between the 6802 and the others? i dunno, but some people seem to be saying to use the baseband from .290 even if you downgrade back to .257?

ChillyChan

Mar 15, 2011
ah hey, cool. yeah, i would'a flashed everything but i wanted to stay on CM10.2. so i just made sure the other firmware was downgraded.

but again, it seems possible that there cold be other differences between the 6802 and the others? i dunno, but some people seem to be saying to use the baseband from .290 even if you downgrade back to .257?

In my case, I wanted to go back to stock. That's why I flashed everything :D About the baseband, I don't know cause I didn't note down the version before I flashed .290 so I have nothing to compare to. The one major difference of C6802 from other models is that we can flash ROMs without needing fastboot 'cause kernels are somehow allowed to be flashed from recovery.

Last edited:

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
so im on 4.3 unrooted

was planning on flashing omni 4.4 .. i need to flash 4.2 (without the baseband) root it and then install omni? kinda confused! lol

Shadow of Chaos

Feb 17, 2013
Hrm... You know, for the life of me, every time I flash from the 4.3 update with Flash Tool, I still lose my IMIE data and thus can't use the mobile connection.

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
Hrm... You know, for the life of me, every time I flash from the 4.3 update with Flash Tool, I still lose my IMIE data and thus can't use the mobile connection.

u and me both... if i jump to a older FTF i get imei 000000000

But if i jump to the newest before 4.3 i get imei 0

and excluding baseband didnt work... so no its not solved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't seem to find the original post that suggested the following solution (to credit), but I tried it and it worked fine for me. I updated to 4.3 right out of the box (got my Z Ultra just a few days ago) and made it quite difficult for myself, but I am now bootloader unlocked with my TA backed up and running CM10.2.

Here's how I did it (after reverting back to .532 to root and backup TA, unlock bootloader, I FTF'd back to .290).

From .290 (4.3), I fastboot flashed the boot.img from CM10.2, installed it and gapps, checked IMEI, it was all 0's (14 or 15 of them IIRC)

At this point, I put the phone into flash mode and FTF'd back to .257, except I did uncheck clear data, and checked the options to exclude flashing system and kernel partitions.

Rebooted into CM10.2 and I my IMEI was back, got signal from my carrier, and everything is working dandy. Rebooted into recovery to do a factory reset and set up from scratch just for kicks, IMEI still intact.

I used generic Europe FTFs for both .290 and .257

EDIT: clarification
    Downgrade Via Flashtool

Guess what happend...

Use Sony 4.3.

Are you trying to downgrade with Flashtool?, cause in Xperia Z1 is the same, the IMEI goes to 00000 but when you downgrade to 4.2.2 exclude the baseband and everything is ok and then you can flash your custom rom.......
    i could kiss yo dawg :D

Thanks!!!
    you might mark the OP as SOLVED and list the solution ;)
    u and me both... if i jump to a older FTF i get imei 000000000

But if i jump to the newest before 4.3 i get imei 0

and excluding baseband didnt work... so no its not solved.

I went from 290 to 532 without baseband and lost IMIE.

Flashed 290 WITH baseband and now have imei back. :good:
    Yes!! Oh lord yes!!

I found a backed up nandroid on my computer! I knew I had one somewhere!

Just a thought, if I restore that and it fix my phone, is there a chance I can create a new nandroid without my personal info and share to other ppl so they can come back to old 4.2.2?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk 4

I want to say yes, but I can't :p Im not sure, but I would think so, yes.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk