HTC One (AT&T M7) I Need Help With S-OFF To S-ON

Search This thread

Nace112

Apr 30, 2014
Sacramento
I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this subject. I checked but did not find anything.
I'm trying to switch my phone from s-off to s-on.

I'm following a guide from wonder how to (cannot post link)

When I type "adb push revone /data/local/tmp/" and click enter I get this message:
"adb is not recognized as an internal command"

My phone is an HTC One (M7 AT&T)
Have USB debugging on
Fastboot checked off
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Running 4.1.2

I had to factory wipe/reset my phone because it was fully encrypted. I'm just trying to unroot and relock my device.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this subject. I checked but did not find anything.
I'm trying to switch my phone from s-off to s-on.
I had to factory wipe/reset my phone because it was fully encrypted. I'm just trying to unroot and relock my device.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

You don't need to go s-on to unroot or relock bootloader. If you read any of the horror stories threads about bricked devices you'll find that many of them begin with the phrase I went back to s-on and then (insert story about brick...). It sounds like you're kind of a novice at this, which is ok, but do yourself a favor and leave the phone s-off.

Now if you're trying to return to stock, there's and excellent thread by @nkk71 on the subject here.

If you give us some details on what exactly you are trying to accomplish we can point you in the right direction.

Nace112

Apr 30, 2014
Sacramento
You don't need to go s-on to unroot or relock bootloader. If you read any of the horror stories threads about bricked devices you'll find that many of them begin with the phrase I went back to s-on and then (insert story about brick...). It sounds like you're kind of a novice at this, which is ok, but do yourself a favor and leave the phone s-off.

Now if you're trying to return to stock, there's and excellent thread by @nkk71 on the subject here.

If you give us some details on what exactly you are trying to accomplish we can point you in the right direction.

I'm used to working with iOS devices so android is still a bit new to me. I don't even remember how I rooted and unlocked my phone. I just remember I had a lot of issues and a little luck.haha

Basically I'm trying to return the phone to stock. I looked up multiple guides and most of them said to first turn s-off to s-on (that's why I thought I had to do that.)
I looked at the guide and I don't know the steps of what to do from here.
My bootloader screen says:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 1.44.000

it doesn't say my CID or MID.

Last edited:

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Basically I'm trying to return the phone to stock. I looked up multiple guides and most of them said to first turn s-off to s-on (that's why I thought I had to do that.)
I looked at the guide and I don't know the steps of what to do from here.
My bootloader screen says:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 1.44.000

it doesn't say my CID or MID.

Well your bootloader says that your already s-on, so the only way to remove the tampered and unlocked flags is to s-off, probably using revone since you have 1.44 hboot, and then using revone to lock and remove tampered. There's an entire thread on revone that outlines how to do that, just search for it.

Nace112

Apr 30, 2014
Sacramento
Well your bootloader says that your already s-on, so the only way to remove the tampered and unlocked flags is to s-off, probably using revone since you have 1.44 hboot, and then using revone to lock and remove tampered. There's an entire thread on revone that outlines how to do that, just search for it.

I have it already but my command prompt keeps giving me this error:
adb is not recognized as an internal command or external command

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I have it already but my command prompt keeps giving me this error:
adb is not recognized as an internal command or external command

Sorry to barge in, you're in excellent hands with @cschmitt already, just a few comments to save some trouble (in case you run into any):

you can get the mini-sdk for windows from here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407585867
and you need to be in the folder you extracted these files, to be able execute to adb/fastboot commands.

revone works great with this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48955645&postcount=251

Note, that bootloader date has to be before June 2013, otherwise it's a patched 1.44 version and revone will not work.

in which case you either have to use rumrunner and/or firewater, or even the old ATT downgrade method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2394155

Reactions: cschmitt

Top Liked Posts