[Q] Factory Reset S3 Needing Internal Memory File Recovery

Search This thread

sjcuk7

Jun 3, 2014
Please can anyone offer some simple answers and advice for me and my situation

Due to poor advice I optioned to get over a "Damaged Memory" screen by choosing the 'Reset' button, the advice said all files could then be recovered by various 'recovery software tools' available. Now I find that my version of Android has no option to float the 'internal' memory to a PC as 'removable storage' only the irritating MTP transfer thing!

So my question is...

Is there any simple way to enable UMS for the INTERNAL drive on the phone?

BTW I should say I have tried a UMS re-enabling apk but this only makes good UMS for EXTERNAL drives, NOT INTERNAL.

The only thing I can I think of is to take the firmware back to before the 'wizards' at Samsung removed the UMS option, though to be honest I don't know if the internal drive was ever mountable in Windows as a 'removable drive'.

FYI My device is not rooted.....yet!

Thanks

Steve

PS: I did try the DR.Fone for Android recovery software, which seems perfect but it couldn't connect via UMS so found nothing.

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
Internal is an emulated memory, cannot be mounted as UMS regardless of root.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
It is possible to dump the entire partition to your pc, go search and read those who have tried.

Trying to find the files afterward is like trying to unscramble eggs, but software on your pc would be able to access the partition at least.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dxppxd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is possible to dump the entire partition to your pc, go search and read those who have tried.

Trying to find the files afterward is like trying to unscramble eggs, but software on your pc would be able to access the partition at least.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk