Zerolemon case/extended battery, fell off car at 35mph!

Search This thread

19psi

Mar 16, 2013
Louisville
i bought the 10000mAh battery with case earlier this year and it's been great. i can abuse that battery like no other and it just won't die.

however, the real reason for this post is about the case.

i recently had a potato moment and left my phone on the roof of my friends car that i was working on. went for a test drive, out of my neighborhood, down teh main streeet at about 35 mph and suddenly i hear a weird little noise and look up in the mirror to see my phone bounce down the back window, off the trunk, onto the street and then into the ditch.

immediately my heart stopped and i ducked into the first turn off i got to., got out and walked along the side of the road, hoping to find my phone, expecting the worst...
Found it face down in the grass and immediately picked it up and turned it over... glass was intact! the plastic frame of the case had one crack in it that i was able to put back in place inside the rubber case. the rubber had some road rash but was overall intact as well. only thing wrong was my Spen was missing as it must have been ejected by the impact.
no big deal as i ordered a new one.
Main point though, this case works!

Last edited:

Rambo87

Jul 28, 2007
So close. My UAG had a similar experience. Ran over by a lorry due and as good as new!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Awesome, one of the best things to happen to cell phones. Actually the deciding factor in me choosing the note 3 over nexus 5.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

toenail_flicker

Dec 18, 2011
look up in the mirror to see my phone bounce down the back window, off the trunk, onto the street and then into the ditch.

At this point in your tale my heart stopped and I got sick to my stomach at the thought of my newly rooted N3 bouncing down the street. This could so easily happen to me. Great to hear it worked out okay!

19psi

Mar 16, 2013
Louisville
Would you try that again if you're so confident that the case works? Personal experience does not equal fact.

jeez dude, relax. it worked for me the one time i needed it. that's all i need. i have no idea if it iwll work again because there's no way to guarantee it will hit the pavement at the exact same angle.
it worked better than no case and i'im pretty confident in saying it works better than some of the other cases i've had in the past that I know wouldn't hold up to the same situation.

did you have a bad experience with yours or are you just trying to stir up soemthing out of nothing?

stesteste

Apr 12, 2011
i read alot of amazon reveiws and forums about this battery .plenty people have dropped there's off scaffolding and at heights ect and survived glad yours is held up but its the battery life i bought this for and its doing really well 19 hours on screen time and 3 days untill charge im really happy .it does feel vey sturdy though it dont have to be delicate with it anymore its like a tonka toy?

sm00k

Sep 19, 2012
And here I was sure I was alone.
I've managed exactly sane scenario as above and my phone also lived to waste more of my time everyday >]. Thou in my case, ZL casing survived intact. And few years before broken whatitsname holder sent my galaxy tab clothed in otterbox defender through car window on particularly emotional curve. Again, there were survivors.
Those cases work and I can't consider "naked"device complete without one now. And ZL add really big battery to the mix..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i bought the 10000mAh battery with case earlier this year and it's been great. i can abuse that battery like no other and it just won't die.

however, the real reason for this post is about the case.

i recently had a potato moment and left my phone on the roof of my friends car that i was working on. went for a test drive, out of my neighborhood, down teh main streeet at about 35 mph and suddenly i hear a weird little noise and look up in the mirror to see my phone bounce down the back window, off the trunk, onto the street and then into the ditch.

immediately my heart stopped and i ducked into the first turn off i got to., got out and walked along the side of the road, hoping to find my phone, expecting the worst...
    Found it face down in the grass and immediately picked it up and turned it over... glass was intact! the plastic frame of the case had one crack in it that i was able to put back in place inside the rubber case. the rubber had some road rash but was overall intact as well. only thing wrong was my Spen was missing as it must have been ejected by the impact.
    no big deal as i ordered a new one.
    Main point though, this case works!