Explanation of Microsoft Lumia product type, code and firmware.

Search This thread

betulin

Oct 14, 2013
TOLEDO
Thanks anaheiim, this is what I supposed. Actually, I had decided to flash 059S5D4 RM-914 VAR ES CV. My question is if i it would be best to wait for update taiwan apac RM-914 flash RM 473 or go directly to059S5D4 RM-914 VAR ES CV and not wait any more . What do you think?

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Thanks anaheiim, this is what I supposed. Actually, I had decided to flash 059S5D4 RM-914 VAR ES CV. My question is if i it would be best to wait for update taiwan apac RM-914 flash RM 473 or go directly to059S5D4 RM-914 VAR ES CV and not wait any more . What do you think?
If I'll be at your place, I flash now for get now the update.

Reactions: betulin

biondi27

Nov 26, 2014
rm-877_nam_usa_005

Hello, Claro Dominican Republic gave me a new Lumia 1020 as a replacement for a defective one, the new one is rm-877_nam_usa_005 and it is on Amber, it says it is there is no available update for firmware. The older one was updated wit Claro regular Cyan firmware and 8.1. Does somebody knows if I can change the firmware or what I have to do to get Cyan? thank you.

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
This is because you got SWAP (005=059T8D2) firmware likely after swaping mainboard for new one. So there is no OTA update for this type of variants. You have to flash any ROM you like.

kasimxp

Aug 21, 2010
Hi there..

I have a Vietnam set (RM-875_apac_vietnam_234). No LTE available in the setting, the highest is 3G. Is it possible to unlock LTE by flashing LTE capable firmware?

omerfbingol

Oct 5, 2015
lta roms?

can I flash my rm-892 lumia 925 with rm-893 lta brasil rom? or should I just stick with rm-892s? i am going to use the phone in turkey, so i probably need my phone to be suited for local gsm radios, or it doesn't differ that much?

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
can I flash my rm-892 lumia 925 with rm-893 lta brasil rom? or should I just stick with rm-892s? i am going to use the phone in turkey, so i probably need my phone to be suited for local gsm radios, or it doesn't differ that much?
Hi,

If you will use your Lumia 925 RM-892 in Turkey, why do you want to flash an RM-893 ROM?
In addition, the BR CV (000-BR, RM-892_lta_brazil_277) ROM is an RM-892 ROM, not an RM-893 ROM.
RM-892 is the RoW (Rest of World, international) hardware variant of Lumia 925. I advise you to stay on an ROM RM-892. In addition, the TR CV ROM (000-TR, RM-892_eu_turkey_361) is an RM-892 ROM.

• 059T619 RM-892 VAR EURO TR CV BLACK
  • 059T5T0 RM-892 VAR LTA BR CV BLACK
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

Last edited:

omerfbingol

Oct 5, 2015
Hi,

If you will use your Lumia 925 RM-892 in Turkey, why do you want to flash an RM-893 ROM?
In addition, the BR CV (000-BR, RM-892_lta_brazil_277) ROM is an RM-892 ROM, not an RM-893 ROM.
RM-892 is the RoW (Rest of World, international) hardware variant of Lumia 925. I advise you to stay on an ROM RM-892. In addition, the TR CV ROM (000-TR, RM-892_eu_turkey_361) is an RM-892 ROM.

• 059T619 RM-892 VAR EURO TR CV BLACK
  • 059T5T0 RM-892 VAR LTA BR CV BLACK
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

sorry, I meant this: 059T7W8 RM-893 VAR LTA AR CV SKD
I just wanted to try it out, see if it will be better without the eu constrictions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, as I've spent a few hours guessing out how the puzzle of type-code-firmware goes, I'll post it here hoping it will help someone:

For every model, there are three variables into consideration.

First is the Product type, in the form RM-xxx. This refers to the hardware specifications of the device, and obviously can't be changed. Different product types mean some major or minor difference in the hardware.

Then is the Product code, in the form of seven alphanumeric digits. Each code corresponds, and is followed by, the product type to which it applies (RM-xxx), plus "VAR" (meaning variant), plus a series of shortened words giving information about what can we expect to find in the firmware: the geographical region and/or country for which it's meant, that will get the OTA (over the air) updates; the brand (service provider) shipped in the firmware (or the letters CV if it's unbranded); the handset colour (only for the default tones we'll find when first powering it up); and some other variable information, like the size of memory, etc. So, it can look like this:

code-------type-----variant---region--provider ------ country memory colour
    059T1B8 RM-892 VAR --- EURO SWISSCOM CH ------ 16GB --- GREY

Some of the shorts are easy to guess, some others I have no clue.

Thirdly we have the firmware version, aka ROM or Windows Phone version, which is what we all want to get updated. The version consists of sixteen numbers in groups of four separated by dots. Every Product code ships this or that firmware revision, getting OTA updates every now and then. Different regions, countries or providers get higher updates than others. People in Norway get a different OTA update than those in Hong Kong, and branded phones usually are updated earlier than unbranded ones.

Now, each physical device has a "hardcoded" Product code (that we can find in underneath the SIM-holder). In the example above, it would be a phone bought in Switzerland, sold by Swisscom carrier (and very likely SIM-locked), with 16GB store space, grey colour, and capable of working on certain frequencies. So, now, what can we flash it with? Well, we can flash any Product code as far as it's the same Product type as our phone, without losing any capability. Note: flashing a different Product code will NOT change our phone's original code. And when we switch on the phone, we'll get what we flashed: a default language or set of languages, perhaps a service provider logo, a default colour for the tiles and apps, and of course the features that Bill Gates' staff fancied and condescended to include in the corresponding firmware update. So, if we want the latest version, probably we'll have to flash a Product code not corresponding to our country or region, though I assume that all of them have, at least, English built in. It might also happen (this is my guess) that certain firmwares don't include a setting for LTE, if there is no LTE in the country for which it's meant, even though the device is LTE-capable.

Now, is it possible to flash a Product code corresponding to a different Product type? Yes, but we may lose some capabilities. For example, the Microsoft Lumia 925 is RM-893 in North America and RM-892 in Eurasia. They're capable of different frequencies for the 3G and 4G bands. So, cross-flashing will make us lose all the frequencies not matching both Product types: some because of the hardware, some because of the software. Not much to lose if, in exchange, we're getting a newer Windows Phone version; because, sorry to say, WP really sucks, and the sooner we get the updates, the better. After all, who can yet enjoy LTE? I bet that 97% of the Lumia owners can't.

So far all what I've found about this topic. Enjoy and, if you find I wrote something wrong, please let me know.
    I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 625 in India "059T1M1 RM-941 VAR IMEA IN CV" I don't get the highest connection speed as 4G when I travel to UK or Malaysia and use a 4G enabled SIM. Can I cross flash it "059T454 RM-941 VAR EURO GB CV" and will this enable 4G option :confused: or can I just replace this file "NWP8 simlock 3gstandard bb5 crcA59A.bin" from the Euro ROM to the Indian ROM and flash to the get the 4G option enabled?
    Changing this file will not help. MD5 signature of two files are identical, as you can see (click on image to enlarge):

Hy, i have Lumia 520 RM-914_im_mea3_319 059S3W7, would like to flash to have black update!!! can you help me out, wouldnt want to up having a brick for a phone. PS this is my first time ever flashing a phone and i want to be sure that i know what i'm doing. Thanks alot
    059S3W7 RM-914 VAR IMEA-MEA3 AE BH KW OM QA+ AV has already obtained GDR3/Lumia Black (3056.40000.1349.2001). You are sure that these updates are not proposed to you?
    I received my device as a gift without any boxing or wrapping. Also, it's firmware is pre-release. What I can see only is it's type, which is RM-877 and it is a AT&T variant.
    NSU, needs product code to get new associated firmware. And I can't find it anywhere. So, is there any tool/key combination which can detect and tell me the product code?
    And what if the product code I find, is not listed?

Thanks for the help.
    Your 1020 is black color?

I find this AT&T Product Code 059S9T1 RM-877 VAR NAM US ATT SL BLACK (if your 1020 is black color).
    Hi, I'm not sure to be on the correct thread. I apologize in advance. I've bought the phone recently. I'm planning to use it in Argentina. I'm waiting for the windows 8.1 update which is being delivering on these days. It doesn't arrive to my phone. I've been trying to find out if my CORE BUILD ID: 3056.40000.1349.10387 is included on this update. I can't find any information on it. I've found information about some other similar CORE BUILD ID: 3056.40000.1349.xxxx, but nothing about mine, which finish on 10387. I don't know what these numbers means. I'd appreciate any information and advice. What should I do to get the update (flash another rom, change product code, whatever)
    Sorry for my bad English

My phone information:
    CODE: 059T610
    MANUFACTURER NAME: RM-914_apac_taiwan_473
    MOBILE OPERATOR: 000-TW
    CONFIGURTION ID: 379389
    CORE BUILD ID: 3056.40000.1349.10387
    APPLICATION VERSION: 3.9.2.1
    Hi,

Do not look at the "core build", because no use. You must look at the firmware version in settings hub > about.
    Many thanks, I've found it.
    It is : 3056.40000.1349.10387.2001 and is "under testing".
    As I wrote on my last post, this phone is to be used in Argentina. It's a present. I wonder what should I do? Do I flash the phone with Latin America firmware (having present that these firmwares are RM-915 and mine is 914)? Should I keep the original of the device? Other possibility could be flash it with Spain firmware which is 914, update is already available. Maybe I'd better wait the original firmware, right?
    AR CV is RM-915, so this means that you can most certainly not use AR CV (since almost certain impossibility to flash RM-914 > RM-915).
    You can use ES CV (Spain) if you want yes: 059S5D4 RM-914 VAR ES CV