[Q] Rooted with stock sense and recovery ota

Search This thread

Goolum

Jan 30, 2014
Hello,

I'd like to ask few question about using the factory reset option with a stock 4.3 sense rom (unlocked bootloader, rooted and twrp recovery)

So, i rooted my device to try out viper4android but turns out its completely useless to me as i later learned that stock does not allow read/write to system partition and now i'm wondering how to go back safely.

As i said above, i'm still using the stock 4.3 rom with an unlocked bootloader no other changes made, so my question is to go back stock (using factory reset) do i need to:

1. Flash stock recovery and do a factory reset.
2. Flash stock recovery, relock bootloader and do a factory reset.
3. Guru reset M7
4. Other?

Thanks ~

EDIT:

Quick update, so just flashed stock recovery and used factory reset, now ofc the root did remain, so now my question is, can i
take ota safely with stock rom/recovery but rooted?

Thanks ~

Last edited:

Ronnymes

Nov 9, 2006
Zuid Holland
Anyone please, are any of my choices the good one (if so wich one)?

This is the way to go back to a stock ROM:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

If you’re on hboot which is above 1.44, then first thing is to downgrade that:
so download this: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/1-29-401-12_hboot_1-44-zip/

in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash it:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip 1.29.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip
fastboot flash zip 1.29.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip <---- just in case the above said “failed flush again”
fastboot reboot-bootloader
--> and confirm hboot is now 1.44

Reactions: Goolum

Goolum

Jan 30, 2014
Thank you for your help, the problem is i'm on hboot 1.55 and rumrunner ain't working because of the
secure stock kernel, so i cannot go with the ruu way, wich is why i was wondering if i could simply use
the factory reset option since other than being rooted it is fully stock, or else the htc1 guru reset option.

Goolum

Jan 30, 2014
As i said above flashing a ruu ain't an option since i'm s-on, what i meant by factory reset is the built in option (either through fastboot
or settings) with stock sense since i did not change anything, just unlocked the bootloader and rooted, and if that's not possible then if
guru reset utility for peoples with s-on is a good idea.

Goolum

Jan 30, 2014
So i ended flashing stock recovery and used factory reset, everything did go alright tho ofc the root did remain, so now my question is, can i
take kitkat ota safely with stock rom/recovery but rooted? Or the fact that it's rooted risk messing up stuff? Oh and i dont mind loosing root.

Thanks ~

Joearaujo5488

Nov 2, 2012
So i ended flashing stock recovery and used factory reset, everything did go alright tho ofc the root did remain, so now my question is, can i
take kitkat ota safely with stock rom/recovery but rooted? Or the fact that it's rooted risk messing up stuff? Oh and i dont mind loosing root.

Thanks ~

Your fine...you will lose root tho...

Reactions: Goolum

Top Liked Posts