Whatsapp on Nexus 7 2013 crashes if used by an user who is not owner

Search This thread

artu72

Mar 17, 2013
Vitulazio
Hi to all,

I have looked for a solution everwhere on the Internet and XDA before writing this thread. The simple problem is this: Whatsapp crashes on Nexus 7 2013 if I open it in a user profile that is not the owner one. In the tablet there are infacts two users: I, as owner, and my wife, as regular user, with no limitations. I have verified that whatsapp runs without problems in my profile, whereas in my wife profile crashes. A solution would be to reset the tablet and setting my wife as owner and I as user, but I would like to know if there is some workaround before doing a such unconfortable procedure. (I do not need of whatsapp on tablet since I have installed it on my android smartphone, but my wife does not own a smartphone). TIA.

The tablet is updated to last version of Android and it is using ART as runtime.

fede993

Aug 28, 2012
Milan
i've the same problem, did you solve it?

Hi to all,

I have looked for a solution everwhere on the Internet and XDA before writing this thread. The simple problem is this: Whatsapp crashes on Nexus 7 2013 if I open it in a user profile that is not the owner one. In the tablet there are infacts two users: I, as owner, and my wife, as regular user, with no limitations. I have verified that whatsapp runs without problems in my profile, whereas in my wife profile crashes. A solution would be to reset the tablet and setting my wife as owner and I as user, but I would like to know if there is some workaround before doing a such unconfortable procedure. (I do not need of whatsapp on tablet since I have installed it on my android smartphone, but my wife does not own a smartphone). TIA.

The tablet is updated to last version of Android and it is using ART as runtime.