bricked?

Search This thread

Haidary.T

Dec 14, 2012
Montreal in Canada
It should be there as unknow device or something if windows try to install drivers for it and you hear connecting or disconnecting sounds

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

In "other devices" there are two "LG Android USB Device" with both an exclamation point on them. Nothing more :\ To hear the sounds I actually

need to hold power +vol down button.

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
You could try a right click on any of the devices in device manager when you connect it, and do a "Scan for hardware changes".

Also, I remember a few months back, there was a thread that mentioned that the N5 has actually two bootloaders (there was a key combination of some sort which loaded the second bootloader, which was a different version than the main one for the people who updated their phones via OTA when they first started it).
Don't know if that was real or not, but maybe it worth's searching for that thread.

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
I'm in noooo way condoning this... But as it's so near new if you were to get it so it was just dead.. They may just think it's a duff unit and replace. What have you to loose?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
You could try a right click on any of the devices in device manager when you connect it, and do a "Scan for hardware changes".

Also, I remember a few months back, there was a thread that mentioned that the N5 has actually two bootloaders (there was a key combination of some sort which loaded the second bootloader, which was a different version than the main one for the people who updated their phones via OTA when they first started it).
Don't know if that was real or not, but maybe it worth's searching for that thread.

There is a download mode that can be accessed by holding power/ volume up and plugging in the USB.

But if the device won't even power up it's not going to work.

The script wrote the boot.img to the wrong partition. It's bricked.

Sent from my Nexus 5

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I'm in noooo way condoning this... But as it's so near new if you were to get it so it was just dead.. They may just think it's a duff unit and replace. What have you to loose?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Dignity.

Sent from my Nexus 5

masterkai

Jan 28, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
have u tried wug'fresh nexus root toolkit.There is an option for restoring nexus devices to stock:rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC

Volume Up + Volume Down + Power

Top Liked Posts