How to remove samsung manual bookmark in stock browser android AOSP

Search This thread

mickey2foot

Jun 18, 2009
The bookmark Samsung manual in stock browser is not editable. Here are the instructions to make any bookmark editable, then you can change and delete as normal. Please note may not work on KitKat version..

1. You need root access.
2. Open root explorer to location .
/data/data/com.sec.android.app.sbrower/app-sbrowers/Default/Bookmarks

This may vary with different versions of android thus search "bookmark" under /data/data

3. Open file with Text editor .. Then change all .... "editable": "0", to "editable": "1",

Save file and exit all is done..

4. Just delete as usual now..

Please click thanks if it works for you.. :)

Last edited:

Dead Silence

May 5, 2012
I tried to get rid of the unremovable Samsung Mobile bookmark in the stock browser on my rooted KitKat version of the N8010. I could not find anything in /data/data or data/user/0/.... Any other option to find bookmarks? Thanks in advance.

mickey2foot

Jun 18, 2009
I tried to get rid of the unremovable Samsung Mobile bookmark in the stock browser on my rooted KitKat version of the N8010. I could not find anything in /data/data or data/user/0/.... Any other option to find bookmarks? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Just checking that you are rooted at the moment I cannot check as I do not have a phone on KitKat. the location might have been changed due to policy changes in KitKat try looking in the stock browser directory as i have heard all files in kitkat must be in this location. Kitkat does not allow data to be placed in other directories. This policy can change through rooting however this is a non root app so again look in app directory..

I hope this helps..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bookmark Samsung manual in stock browser is not editable. Here are the instructions to make any bookmark editable, then you can change and delete as normal. Please note may not work on KitKat version..

1. You need root access.
    2. Open root explorer to location .
    /data/data/com.sec.android.app.sbrower/app-sbrowers/Default/Bookmarks

This may vary with different versions of android thus search "bookmark" under /data/data

3. Open file with Text editor .. Then change all .... "editable": "0", to "editable": "1",

Save file and exit all is done..

4. Just delete as usual now..

Please click thanks if it works for you.. :)