Lock & Unlock MGS Codec sounds.

Search This thread

raidenxl

Mar 6, 2011
Just some codec sounds I found then tweaked to be quite a lot quieter for phone use and changed to .ogg format (originals are included in case you want to alter them yourself).

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1219291954/codec_open+close.zip

To install them you can use an app from the Market called Lockscreen Sound Change.
Forgot to add, this requires root.

Or you can install them yourself.
The locations of each file are

Lock.ogg
Unlock.ogg

at 'system\media\audio\ui'

You can probably replace them using Terminal commands (haven't tried it myself), or you can add them to the ROM before you flash it.

Hope this is of use to anyone, I think it really goes well with the on off animations.

Last edited:

mckee118

Dec 13, 2009
These sounds awesome. At the moment I am using a transformer, transforming sound as my unlock sound and reversed it for my lock sound. They're longer than these tones but still good, also lowering the volume makes them bearable for longer lol
Good work on sharing these and i'll probably use them when i get bored of my transformer ones.

Elloco305

May 28, 2008
Miami
Google Pixel 6
These sounds awesome. At the moment I am using a transformer, transforming sound as my unlock sound and reversed it for my lock sound. They're longer than these tones but still good, also lowering the volume makes them bearable for longer lol
Good work on sharing these and i'll probably use them when i get bored of my transformer ones.

Can you please share the transformer tones, please.

I'm currently using the codec ones and they're awesome. Thank you.
But my cousin loves transformers and it'll really be sweet if you can hook me up. ;)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

mckee118

Dec 13, 2009
Reactions: track1

Elloco305

May 28, 2008
Miami
Google Pixel 6
I thank you for this. Bit I can't download it. All I get is a 320 byte file. Same I managed to download the codecs why not transformers? :eek:

mckee118

Dec 13, 2009
I thank you for this. Bit I can't download it. All I get is a 320 byte file. Same I managed to download the codecs why not transformers? :eek:

I just tried downloading the transformers sounds myself and the zip downloaded perfectly. Try it again and let me know. If not ill upload to a different server.

mckee118

Dec 13, 2009
Edit: got it. But I can't seem to get them to work like the codecs.
All I get is my standard ring. Lol crazy.

I got that too when i did it but I cant remember how i fixed it. I know it was something simple. Try rebooting lol thats always my first 'fix'

Acid_Ocelot

Feb 25, 2012
Brampton
MGS Sounds.

Just thought I'd share a sound folder of Metal Gear Solid..

Maybe give you more than is available...

Attachments

• mgssounds.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 263

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just some codec sounds I found then tweaked to be quite a lot quieter for phone use and changed to .ogg format (originals are included in case you want to alter them yourself).

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1219291954/codec_open+close.zip

To install them you can use an app from the Market called Lockscreen Sound Change.
    Forgot to add, this requires root.

Or you can install them yourself.
    The locations of each file are

Lock.ogg
    Unlock.ogg

at 'system\media\audio\ui'

You can probably replace them using Terminal commands (haven't tried it myself), or you can add them to the ROM before you flash it.

Hope this is of use to anyone, I think it really goes well with the on off animations.
    Can you please share the transformer tones, please.

I'm currently using the codec ones and they're awesome. Thank you.
    But my cousin loves transformers and it'll really be sweet if you can hook me up. ;)

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1224684184/Transformers-lock_and_unlock.zip

Thats the files for the transformers sounds in the zip...enjoy :D