{RAY}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

Exelion

Dec 29, 2010
The boot.img for FXP116 is broken. If you download FXP115 and use the boot.img from that instead, it'll work fine.

ok, just finished it I try to download it.

Edit: Also, where it says "fastboot boot boot.img", do "fastboot flash boot boot.img", otherwise your phone will use the old bootloader when you restart it.

I do not understand the difference. To use flash flashtool. It has two options: "reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)" and "reboot into fastboot mode (via fastboot)". is this?

After flashing the boot.img, if you can't get into clockwork mod recovery, mash the Volume Down key when the notification LED is magenta and the FXP logo is on-screen.

I do not get the logo screen FXP, crashes before.

Last edited:

mudtail

Aug 14, 2010
maff.me.uk
ok, just finished it I try to download it.

I do not understand the difference. To use flash flashtool. It has two options: "reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)" and "reboot into fastboot mode (via fastboot)". is this?

I do not get the logo screen FXP, crashes before.

Don't use flashtool. Turn your phone off completely, wait a few seconds, then hold the Volume Up key and plug your phone into your computer. Then go to where adb.exe and so on are (It should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"), extract the boot.img from FXP115 to this folder, then run "fastboot flash boot boot.img".
You can download fastboot from here if you don't already have it: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23209038&postcount=2

Exelion

Dec 29, 2010
Ok, I made it! Thank you! :)

I can not find the classic cyanogen customizations that were present in CM7: (

What are the differences between this CM9 and a ICS stock?

Last edited:

mudtail

Aug 14, 2010
maff.me.uk
Ok, I made it! Thank you! :)

I can not find the classic cyanogen customizations that were present in CM7: (

What are the differences between this CM9 and a ICS stock?

At the moment, not a lot. There's Trebuchet - the CM9 launcher, and there's stuff like toggles in the notifications drawer and playback controls on the volume keys, but other than that it's just stock ICS for now. Hopefully that changes soon though.

racht

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2010

Oh yeah!
using FXP116 as daily, smoothness and battery life are amazing!
Its like a completely new fast and great phone!!
I recommend FXP cm9 to anyone who hasn't tried yet.

P.S. no files in fxp117 yet.. waiting for upload.. what is new? the camera panorama mode is broken on Ray..

Last edited:
Reactions: Spevky

[GER]Roxxor

Last edited:

leontodd

Dec 30, 2011
Rayleigh
Recording on the camera does not work, and nor does the FXP117 kernel.
(On an Xperia Ray)

Still lightning fast as usual though! Good work!

Rabakonn

Apr 23, 2012
Hey!

I want to try cm9 and i have fev questions before i try..

I'm using different ROM, do i need to do full wipe before installing this?
Can i use it with 4.1.A.0.562?
When installing i first extract boot.img (it's kernel?), flash it with flashtool and then install
.zip file in recovery mode?

Many thanks!!

Last edited:

H@buster

Feb 4, 2012
Yes, you got that right. Wipe EVERYTHAN, flash Kernel, run update from recovery.

However, be aware that the FXP117 Kernel is broken. You'll need to use the FXP115 Kernel. (Because FXP116 is broken, too.)

@FXP
What's up with the lack of updates? No changes on your google code page?
Please tell me you're not gonna leave us hanging.

Also, does anyone know of a way to easily update the ROM? When just updating the ROM, it somehow ****s up a lot of things. Any way to fix that or do I really ALWAYS have to wipe everything?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabakonn

Top Liked Posts