bought/contract /best deals

Search This thread

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
as some one who is about to take the plunge and get a TP2 im wondering how people purchased them and what deall they got

if im right they cost £504.85 including vat

best deal to suit me on contract is voda talker £30 + with mobile web

500 mins, 100 text (dont text that much) and unlimited mobile web 18 months @ £34.26 + £616.86

now for that the phone comes with no branding and unlocked, so why just buy it then get a contract is there something i am missing

so whats deals have people gone for and why

thanks for any input

mx4life

Feb 6, 2009
Vodafone 1 year contract, 27.50 € a month, + Unlimited Online Blox

I need to pay 286 extra for the TP2, total is ~650?

Not too bad. Because the the TP2 alone cost 600€. So I can call 200 minutes/400texts a month, for around €50 a year ;)

And I'm getting a free 16gb microSD card from the e-tailer I'm buying it from. Great offer if you ask me.

terryd1980

Sep 19, 2005
essex
Best deals I could find

Hi there,

I posted this on a different page but this is probably the best place for it...

I'm currently talking with T-Mobile and they have told me that they will be getting branded handsets in at the end of the week, personally I prefer a sim free version but it looks like it will be possible by next week to buy them on the network with a lovely discounted rate.

Handtec are selling the phones at £502.40 inc VAT

As I'm a fussy git I've managed to wangle an upgrade through Carphone Warehouse so it will be fully unlocked, sadly they dont have them in stock yet so I will have to wait until the end of the week :-(

For anyone who could do with this phone on a new contract on T-Mobile/Vodafone I urge you to check out www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk as they are doing some amazing deals, I couldnt help but drool, I would recommend the Combi 30 + package, £25 for the phone and £35 per month with web and walk thrown in and a shed load of free calls and unlimited texts.

I hope this info is of use to some of you.

UPDATE - I have cancelled my old T-Mobile contract and gone for the Combi 30 + Web 'N' Walk deal on www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk as it seems the best way of getting the phone with a very useful tarriff.

Cheers guys

Terry

quarintus

Apr 11, 2007
Bought it for 440 euro's. Was a mistake by the retailer. But I'm still getting it for that price :p (lucky me)

now the prices have changed already

purple8

Dec 31, 2007
Went with mobile phones direct phone £66 and t mobile £30 a month. best deal for me and the shop is only in southampton so just a 30 min car journey if i have probs.

mx4life

Feb 6, 2009
Bought it for 440 euro's. Was a mistake by the retailer. But I'm still getting it for that price :p (lucky me)

Neckermann!

I was doubting if I should buy it there, but thought that it would probally end up in paying 600 for it. As the price is now 599 but it was indeed 440 before.
But it is a pretty sweet deal you got there ;)!

Arrak1s

Apr 2, 2006
@quarintus

Neckermann!

I was doubting if I should buy it there, but thought that it would probally end up in paying 600 for it. As the price is now 599 but it was indeed 440 before.
But it is a pretty sweet deal you got there ;)!

Hi,

I to ordered with neckerman and have a "confirmation" e-mail for the 440eur. I got no mail as to the price being changed or my order being canceled. I however also did not receive any unit yet nor did i get a shipping confirmation.

I'm pretty sure there is no way to hold me to a higher price.. the other way around however..

How / why are you so sure you will get the unit for the " confirmed" price.. there is some small print discaimer for wrong pricing.
I'd be interested to get my order definitively confirmed to...

Cheers

Last edited:

quarintus

Apr 11, 2007
@quarintus

Hi,

I to ordered with neckerman and have a "confirmation" e-mail for the 440eur. I got no mail as to the price being changed or my order being canceled. I however also did not receive any unit yet nor did i get a shipping confirmation.

I'm pretty sure there is no way to hold me to a higher price.. the other way around however..

How / why are you so sure you will get the unit for the " confirmed" price.. there is some small print discaimer for wrong pricing.
I'd be interested to get my order definitively confirmed to...

Cheers

Thre are a lot of people who asked confirmation from neckerman (in a dutch ICT forum: tweakers.net). It seems that all people who have paid already using IDEAL get it for the prize they paid. People who asked a transaction form (accept giro in dutch) still have to pay 600 or get their money back.

The product is available in the Netherlands since today, so I expect to receive it pretty soon :)

(the fact is: people who used IDEAL closed the buying agreement by paying.)

Arrak1s

Apr 2, 2006
Thre are a lot of people who asked confirmation from neckerman (in a dutch ICT forum: tweakers.net). It seems that all people who have paid already using IDEAL get it for the prize they paid. People who asked a transaction form (accept giro in dutch) still have to pay 600 or get their money back.

The product is available in the Netherlands since today, so I expect to receive it pretty soon :)

(the fact is: people who used IDEAL closed the buying agreement by paying.)

thanks i'll look on tweakers.net
it kinda sucks, when i ordered IDEAL was not available as an option (it was grayed out)

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
got mine from mobile phones direct on t-mobile combi 30. £29.15 monthly for 700 mins xnetwork and unlimited texts. phone cost 41.99 and i got next day delivery for free. i already have my main number with flext 35 + web&walk. my mrs was grateful for getting her new line so i got phone! :D

drjat

Dec 12, 2007
Warrington
OnePlus 7T
help/advice please

i am planning to buy tp2 and saw this but it looks too good to be true. the listing says that it is single camera version. is this a true/original htc touch pro 2?
has anybody seen a new tp2 as cheap as this? the seller has good feedback but still i want to be sure and hence seeking advice here.

Banzai Panda

Feb 17, 2009
Berkshire
Looks OK to me. I bought my TP2 from a UK based ebay shop 6 months or so ago, cost me £170 brand new. Mine is the US T-Mobile version, same or similar as the one in the listing you're looking at. There is no front facing camera on these models, also a few other differences to the EU phones, but they are genuine TP2s. Be aware though that any screen protectors or cases you look for will have to be for the specific model that you are getting, the UK ones will not fit, usually. I found a flip case & screen protectors for mine but had to buy from abroad, took about 6 weeks to arrive. As for the device, I couldn't be happier with it, flashed a custom ROM from this forum & all working 100%. Hope this helps, & if you go ahead with the purchase enjoy your new phone! :)

drjat

Dec 12, 2007
Warrington
OnePlus 7T
other specifications

Looks OK to me. I bought my TP2 from a UK based ebay shop 6 months or so ago, cost me £170 brand new. Mine is the US T-Mobile version, same or similar as the one in the listing you're looking at. There is no front facing camera on these models, also a few other differences to the EU phones, but they are genuine TP2s. Be aware though that any screen protectors or cases you look for will have to be for the specific model that you are getting, the UK ones will not fit, usually. I found a flip case & screen protectors for mine but had to buy from abroad, took about 6 weeks to arrive. As for the device, I couldn't be happier with it, flashed a custom ROM from this forum & all working 100%. Hope this helps, & if you go ahead with the purchase enjoy your new phone! :)

are other specifications same as any other tp2?
why would other screen protector not fit? is screen size/shape not the same?

Banzai Panda

Feb 17, 2009
Berkshire
Yes, aside from having no front camera, all other specs are the same. The screen protectors won't fit because the hardware buttons and speaker are different. Also the USB port is moved a little on the carrier specific models I think, so some cases may not fit properly. The T-Mobile version has a different colour scheme and provides access to the SD slot without removing the battery cover.