How to fix softbrick s4 (confirm is working)

Search This thread

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Hey guys i just check and samsung kies are supporting samsung galaxy s4 now ( i got att version). Can someone who have softbrick phone try this metod : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1984717

1. Start Kies, They can be find HERE
2.Click Tools-> Firmware upgrade and initilazation
3.Type in model of your phone for example AT&T is : SGH-I337 ( all in capital letters) click OK.
4.Then type serial number off the stcker under battery also in capital letters click OK
5.There will be info about firmware click OK
6.Info about software version. Put your phone in download mode then connect to PC using orginal USB cable, click OK
7. Follow info on screen.
8. Phone will reboot by itself when all is done correctly.

To try this you need to be able to put phone in download mode. I just restore my S4 to factory settings using this metod. Let me know.. :)
Good luck all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms. K and ericos123

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
This is good news. I mentioned kies for softbricks back when the root method first surfaced but it didn't support the phones yet. Now that it does, Maybe Sammobile can make the stock firmware available. Just because the bootloader is still locked doesn't mean development can't begin before the unlock method is revealed.

ericos123

Jul 24, 2010
Farmingdale Ny
trying now! i have hope because this time when i entered in my s/n it said kies needed to be updated opposed to last time when it came back with nothing available for your device give me a few minutes to confirm if it works

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

did not work it still says that its not supported
@norbarb where did you see that its now supported?

flinttownbrown

Apr 30, 2013
trying now! i have hope because this time when i entered in my s/n it said kies needed to be updated opposed to last time when it came back with nothing available for your device give me a few minutes to confirm if it works

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I have ripped the image from Kies and I am uploading it now. I'll post a link soon.

Reactions: Mike

ericos123

Jul 24, 2010
Farmingdale Ny
Yep. I am uploading it to my dumptruck right now and I will have a link for you as soon as it is done.

Thread is here.

hmmm wonder why mine didnt connect gonna reinstall kies and reboot maybe just a fluke

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

How i fixed my bricked SGS4 back to factory

1. Start Kies
2.Click Tools-> Firmware upgrade and initialization
3.Type in model of your phone SGH-I337 ( all in capital letters) click OK.
4.Then type serial number off the sticker under battery also in capital letters click OK
5.You will need to update kies (or at least i did)
6.There will be info about firmware before you click OK, connect your phone in download mode
7. Make sure you are using the official cable that shipped with the SGS4
8. Follow info on screen.
9. Phone will reboot by itself when all is done correctly.

this is what worked for me cannot guarantee it will work for you, good luck guys!

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011
hmmm wonder why mine didnt connect gonna reinstall kies and reboot maybe just a fluke

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

How i fixed my bricked SGS4 back to factory

1. Start Kies
2.Click Tools-> Firmware upgrade and initialization
3.Type in model of your phone SGH-I337 ( all in capital letters) click OK.
4.Then type serial number off the sticker under battery also in capital letters click OK
5.You will need to update kies (or at least i did)
6.There will be info about firmware before you click OK, connect your phone in download mode
7. Make sure you are using the official cable that shipped with the SGS4
8. Follow info on screen.
9. Phone will reboot by itself when all is done correctly.

this is what worked for me cannot guarantee it will work for you, good luck guys!

That what is in my post just is about most samsung devices.

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011

When i connected my phone (at&t SGH-I337) to pc and run kies. Also i check if Firmware Upgrade and Initalisation is working so i backup my phone and did whole process. My phone restart and get back to what i get from store.

ericos123

Jul 24, 2010
Farmingdale Ny

yeah i just wrote what i had to specifically do like the update of kies and it only worked when i was in download mode to begin with it was finicky

Attachments

• IMG_20130502_181736.jpg
    IMG_20130502_181736.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 607
Reactions: norbarb

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
i mucked up mine earlier I was messing with Framework-res, Cause no matter what I change in SystemUI for the stupid AT&T 4G icon at the top wont go away I want the STANDERED ones like on the international one, I was able to put the systemUI from the n7100 note 2 on my AT&T note 2 but not the same for this phone:(

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011
i mucked up mine earlier I was messing with Framework-res, Cause no matter what I change in SystemUI for the stupid AT&T 4G icon at the top wont go away I want the STANDERED ones like on the international one, I was able to put the systemUI from the n7100 note 2 on my AT&T note 2 but not the same for this phone:(

So what you saying you can't restore?

Send from Samsung Galaxy S IV

Last edited:

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011
Doesn't work for me. Kies downloads the firmware then nothing happens....Kies freezes up and that's it....I'm running the latest version of Kies and I'm with Rogers SGH-I377M.

Try to use SGH-I337m instead of M. This is how it works on SGS3. BTW are you sure your model is SGH-I377M not SGH-I337M?
Also Kies doing this some times. They freeze even for 10-15 min. Just wait.
Send from Samsung Galaxy S IV

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys i just check and samsung kies are supporting samsung galaxy s4 now ( i got att version). Can someone who have softbrick phone try this metod : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1984717

1. Start Kies, They can be find HERE
    2.Click Tools-> Firmware upgrade and initilazation
    3.Type in model of your phone for example AT&T is : SGH-I337 ( all in capital letters) click OK.
    4.Then type serial number off the stcker under battery also in capital letters click OK
    5.There will be info about firmware click OK
    6.Info about software version. Put your phone in download mode then connect to PC using orginal USB cable, click OK
    7. Follow info on screen.
    8. Phone will reboot by itself when all is done correctly.

To try this you need to be able to put phone in download mode. I just restore my S4 to factory settings using this metod. Let me know.. :)
    Good luck all.

I have ripped the image from Kies and I am uploading it now. I'll post a link soon.

yeah i just wrote what i had to specifically do like the update of kies and it only worked when i was in download mode to begin with it was finicky
    Mine worked fine with I337
    To those having issues with kies...try odin: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261573

Its uses the same firmware package as kies but since odin is not from samsung maybe youll have a better chance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2