Wizard or Universal?

Search This thread

tikkel

Nov 19, 2004
BREDA
www.tikkel.nl
Which one is better? The Universal or the Wizard? I now use the MDA III/Qtek 9090...

The processor and memory from the Wizard is less then the MDA III. But will that have an effect on the working of te device?

K

Kensai

Less is more in our case. Everyone using the HTC Wizard has said the OMAP850 is rather speedy. Don't worry about the lower frequency, but party about the extended autonomy! ;)

Your question is a little bit biased since you're in the Wizard section of the fora and I've just ordered my Wizard ( :twisted: ) so I guess I'll suggest you buy Wizard as well unless you are serious about making use of the extra features of the Universal (UMTS, videocalls, and the bigger screen).

tikkel

Nov 19, 2004
BREDA
www.tikkel.nl
Tnx for you quick respons. So the difference in process speed Wizard - Universal: 200 / 400 and the difference in memory: 64 and 128 isn't a big problem for you?

Is the device crashing often/frequently? Do you have to wait a long time when starting programs or opening files?

This is my experience with my Qtek 9090 after installing win05 on it.

blueeyedme

Mar 1, 2005
I would get a wizard too! I tried to put a universal in my pocket and felt like a had a wallet with 200 euro inside it.
Wizard is speedy indeed. I dont think its any slower then my magician, after modding the extended rom.

On both devices you got a keyboard and wifi, but wizard is nice and small.

Ik zou dus de wizard nemen ;)

Barok

Aug 18, 2005
make a 2k5 rom for wizard and i'll buy it. w/o persistent storage for wizard, i think universal is better. just my opinion.

ShALLaX

Aug 22, 2005
Biggleswade
shallax.com
No, the JASJAR has 128MiB ROM/ 64MiB RAM. The K-JAM has 128MiB ROM/ 64MiB RAM.

The only difference is the processor, and since they are different technologies (I want to say different architectures, but thats not the correct word)... you cant compare them on clock speed alone.

BeyondtheTech

Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
www.beyondthetech.com
JASJAR and K-JAM both have the same ROM and RAM capacity. The JASJAR runs on an Intel XScale processor at 520MHz, a single-core CPU. The K-JAM runs on a TI OMAP 850 processor at 195MHz, a multi-core CPU. It has been proven (and based on firsthand experience) that the K-JAM performs on par with a 400MHz XScale CPU on many tasks, since the processor's focus is on power, not speed.

There is a moderate size difference, too. Some will say it's not much, while others will say it's a big difference. Those who are very much on-the-go will appreciate the smaller screen and lighter weight (160g) of the K-JAM, versus the larger screen and heavier weight (280g?).

Lastly, depending on your region of the world, you might appreciate the JASJAR's UMTS technology and 900MHz support, both of which are not supported in the United States. If you live in the US, the K-JAM's 850MHz support and EDGE technology make it a great unit to have.

Did I mention that the JASJAR is big?

big1.jpg