Hardware issues resolved?

Search This thread

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
I have a Galaxy S3, but Im considering moving on to a Nexus 5. I heard there were issues with the headphone mic and some other hardware issues. Having a working headphone mic is pretty important to me...can anyone tell me if that issue has been fixed? Any other input from someone else's experience who has perhaps came from an S3 would be great...positive or negative.
Ryan

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JasonX199

Dec 27, 2011
I have a Galaxy S3, but Im considering moving on to a Nexus 5. I heard there were issues with the headphone mic and some other hardware issues. Having a working headphone mic is pretty important to me...can anyone tell me if that issue has been fixed? Any other input from someone else's experience who has perhaps came from an S3 would be great...positive or negative.
Ryan

I got a 311k Nexus 5 and it works great. No issues with it

Reactions: vanisleryan

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
So basically some people got some lemons as it happens with pretty much any product. But over all the build quality is as good as it looks? Hope so because I really like the looks of this phone and I really over and done with sammy phones.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
So basically some people got some lemons as it happens with pretty much any product. But over all the build quality is as good as it looks? Hope so because I really like the looks of this phone and I really over and done with sammy phones.

There are certain manufacturing tolerances with any mass-produced product which results in small variations between different units of the same device. Overall, my experience with this phone has been that most of the "issues" it supposedly has have been really overblown in these forums. I came from a GS4, and the N5 blows it away in terms of build quality and feel.

Reactions: vanisleryan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are no different hardware versions of this phone:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597276
    Ryan

Same here 310k though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There are certain manufacturing tolerances with any mass-produced product which results in small variations between different units of the same device. Overall, my experience with this phone has been that most of the "issues" it supposedly has have been really overblown in these forums. I came from a GS4, and the N5 blows it away in terms of build quality and feel.
    Mine is a launch day N5 and it is flawless. It's just the luck of the draw, as it is with every piece of tech these days.