[Q] How to install room ( XtreStoLite )

Search This thread

dubstax

Jun 19, 2014
I just got a brand new Samsung G900F. I was able to root it successfully and now i'd like to install the XtreStoLite room.
The install instruction say
- Do a Data/Factory reset first in your recovery
- Start the installation
- Reboot
- Enjoy the Rom! :D
- Optionally: Flash the Aroma add-on Package, to restore some of the removed Samsung Apps/Functions that you want (You can do this anytime!)
Besides reboot I don't know how to do any of those steps. If anyone could explain to me how to install it I'd be very grateful.
Thanks

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
I just got a brand new Samsung G900F. I was able to root it successfully and now i'd like to install the XtreStoLite room.
The install instruction say

Besides reboot I don't know how to do any of those steps. If anyone could explain to me how to install it I'd be very grateful.
Thanks

You must have a Custom Recovery installed (Philz Touch, TWRP...), you can find them in Android Development section, download then flash it via Odin. Then go to Recovery Mode by pressing the following combination keys: VOLUME UP + POWER + HOME BUTTON. Then follow the instructions above.

Good luck bro

Warning: If you using towelroot, you will trip knox anyway if flashing any custom recovery. If not, so just forget what I just said.

dubstax

Jun 19, 2014
You must have a Custom Recovery installed (Philz Touch, TWRP...), you can find them in Android Development section, download then flash it via Odin. Then go to Recovery Mode by pressing the following combination keys: VOLUME UP + POWER + HOME BUTTON. Then follow the instructions above.

Good luck bro

Warning: If you using towelroot, you will trip knox anyway if flashing any custom recovery. If not, so just forget what I just said.

I appreciate the quick reply but i'm not much smarter yet..

Whats the custom recovery and why do I need it before installing a custom ROM? I did "root" my phone already with Odin.
So I downloaded Philz Touch but i'm not sure what to do with the zip file and Odin.

A step-by-step would be very helpful. I really woudn't want to brick my phone. Thanks

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
I will explain to you some definitions first
1. Custom recovery will overwrite your phone stock recovery. It has many features that stock one does not. Such as: backup/restore your rom, install custom zip/ota update (install custom kernel, custom rom) and many more...
2. According to 1. To install a custom rom, you must have a custom memory first, right? Because custom rom mostly is packaged in a zip file. You can't use Odin to flash it as you did with a stock firmware

There is no chance you will brick your phone mate if you do the following instruction carefully. Provided that, you have your custom rom put into your internal memory or sd card.
1. Use Odin to flash Philz Touch recovery. Its steps are exactly as the same as you root
2. After flashing Philz Touch, your phone will automatically reboot, turn off your phone after that
3. Now, enter recovery mode by pressing a combination keys as I said above
4. After a few seconds, you will see recovery menu.
5. Choose wipe data/factory reset - > clean install a new rom
6. Choose install from zip - > install from sd card if you put your custom rom in internal memory OR install from sd card 1 if yours is in sd card - > choose the rom and install. Follow its instruction and reboot

THATS IT.

Reactions: dubstax

dubstax

Jun 19, 2014
1. Custom recovery will overwrite your phone stock recovery. It has many features that stock one does not. Such as: backup/restore your rom, install custom zip/ota update (install custom kernel, custom rom) and many more...
2. According to 1. To install a custom rom, you must have a custom memory first, right? Because custom rom mostly is packaged in a zip file. You can't use Odin to flash it as you did with a stock firmware

There is no chance you will brick your phone mate if you do the following instruction carefully. Provided that, you have your custom rom put into your internal memory or sd card.
1. Use Odin to flash Philz Touch recovery. Its steps are exactly as the same as you root
2. After flashing Philz Touch, your phone will automatically reboot, turn off your phone after that
6. Choose install from zip - > install from sd card if you put your custom rom in internal memory OR install from sd card 1 if yours is in sd card - > choose the rom and install. Follow its instruction and reboot

THATS IT.

thanks for the clarification mate. the only thing i'm having trouble to understand now is how to load philz touch on to my phone with odin.
so i got a zip file with a recovery.img file and a folder META-INF. How do I add it to Odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

THATS IT.
    Nope, you downloaded the wrong one. File name should be ended with tar.md5

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Link here, choose the latest one goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/klte
    Always enter download mode when you use Odin bro