bad flash - stuck in os

Search This thread

andason

Mar 6, 2006
hey guys,

i was bored and flashed a .zip on my phone and now I'm no longer bored. Long story, short... I'm booted into the os (almost) with constant errors popping up. I can't get the power button down for 10 seconds to reboot phone and i want to get back to recovery to flash by back up. How can I use terminal (mac) to force back into recovery if phone is not in mode for adb to recognize phone?

Thanks in advance.

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Try hold power button + volume up to force reboot. Once the screen goes black release those buttons and hold volume down button to go to hboot

andason

Mar 6, 2006
Thanks for your reply. Seems the power + volume is not be recognized. Is there a way with fastboot or adb?

Otherwise, I guess I wait until power drain.

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thanks for your reply. Seems the power + volume is not be recognized. Is there a way with fastboot or adb?

Otherwise, I guess I wait until power drain.

Power + Volume Up should work. But as you asked for adb/fastboot

1) "adb devices" to check if device is recognized
2) "abd reboot bootloader" so the phone reboots into bootloader
3) go to recovery and try a reflash

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

This should always work as long as the screen is on. It might take 10 seconds or more, so you may not be holding the buttons long enough.

Alternately, you can use:

adb reboot bootloader

or

adb reboot recovery

There is no required more for adb commands, as long as the screen is on. Fastboot on the other hand, requires the phone to be in fastboot mode.

What did you flash? Was it a ROM, and if so did you do a full wipe (data, cache and Dalvik) before flashing?

andason

Mar 6, 2006
Thanks for all the replies. It finally died and I was able to jump back into recovery. I was trying to flash a .zip (one+ one theme) to my rom and some things about it (audiofx) was not liked. I guess adb could not recognize the phone since it was basically booted into the os. I just thought there was a way to still use adb or fast boot to push it into recovery. I did not get to try adb reboot boot loader, but would adb recognize phone even with this command?

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thanks for all the replies. It finally died and I was able to jump back into recovery. I was trying to flash a .zip (one+ one theme) to my rom and some things about it (audiofx) was not liked. I guess adb could not recognize the phone since it was basically booted into the os. I just thought there was a way to still use adb or fast boot to push it into recovery. I did not get to try adb reboot boot loader, but would adb recognize phone even with this command?

Glad it worked and that we could help a

adb reboot bootloader should be recognized nearly any time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: andason

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glad it worked and that we could help a

adb reboot bootloader should be recognized nearly any time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app