Q HSPDA plus crap speed

Search This thread

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
IM now getting h+ in manchester, I thought this was suppose to improve speed , I'm getting same speeds as on h ... ANY idea why, I'm on 3UK on a UN branded handset

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
IM glad in not only one thanks according to internet should be 21mb download I dont even get that on my broadband

cr0wnest

Jun 29, 2010
Singapore
There is actually not much of a difference in speed, not most of the time at least.. Don't let the + in HSPA+ fool you. I too don't see any difference in speed between + and no + :p and i'm from Singapore.

Sent from my non-Apple device via XDA App

rulleeeee

Jul 9, 2011
Stockholm
the H+ doesnt have to indicate a higher speed, higher speeds are possible with that yes, however it just shows that the network in that area has been upgraded.. speeds are much more dependent on how many many users are currently using that cell tower etc, and for sure you're ISP capped the speeds well well under the advertised 21Mbps that is "possible" on the technology...

xeq544

Nov 29, 2010
Bratislava
Well I have experience with both H+ and H and I can say that with my operator H is much much faster and I usually get H+ outside of the city in villages etc...
I live in the capital city of my country so I am pretty sure they would use + in the city if it was faster instead of the countryside.

With H I usually get from 10 to 14mbps
With H+ 300-900 kbps max

But, of course I'm not an expert, so it may be just my ISP being crazy, or testing h+ on small scale, but why would it be slower ? questions questions questions !

Last edited:

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
Well I have experience with both H+ and H and I can say that with my operator H is much much faster and I usually get H+ outside of the city in villages etc...
I live in the capital city of my country so I am pretty sure they would use + in the city if it was faster instead of the countryside.

With H I usually get from 10 to 14mbps
With H+ 300-900 kbps max

But, of course I'm not an expert, so it may be just my ISP being crazy, or testing h+ on small scale, but why would it be slower ? questions questions questions !

where are u to get upto 14mb ? i only get 10 on my proper broadband

Jan 17, 2011
I think there are two parts to the answer:-

1) Your phone's setup. There are various posts/threads here about possible "tweaks" such as disabling fast dormancy, editing system files etc.

2) Your service provider's upload/download data rate capping. Personally I find it scandalous that most providers have a hidden data rate cap on their users. They are upfront about the total data limits, but tend to hide the hidden rate cap somewhere behind their "Acceptable Use" policies.

Therefore even if you tweak your settings, you may well be further limited by your provider. I suggest you search this forum and the www for information on this practice and how you might be able to have data rate caps lifted or altered.

prodygee

Oct 19, 2009
You get the speed you pay for. ;) Okay, they always advertise A MAXIMUM SPEED OF XXMBPS!!!!! OMG OMG!!!111! but of course you'll almost never reach the maximum. Only in a perfect condition.