[SOLVED] [Q] VZW Max Won't Connect to PC but charges/constant reboots

Search This thread

LocBox

Aug 16, 2009
Microsoft Surface Duo
I have a vzw max and i recently reverted everything back to stock and unrooted; or so i believed. The kernel still says 3.4.10 etc. and the phone has no signal nor can it find my location. It keeps rebooting every 30 secs or so and no matter what mode I put the device into, it isn't recognized by my PC. the bootloader is locked and I am S-Off. This all happened after I tried to flash CWM's HTC M7 recovery because the Max isn't listed and I couldn't figure out how to flash TWRP. Help please because this is getting crazy and I can't figure out what to do...:confused:

Last edited:

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
dude i feel for you.

why did you put m7 cwm on there. clearly not for this device.

can you still get to bootloader? if you can flash the correct recovery! then find a backup someone has done and restore. or flash the correct boot.img

dude here's the correct recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498749

Last edited:

LocBox

Aug 16, 2009
Microsoft Surface Duo
Well the only problem is my any pc won't even detect that it's connected when I plug it into it. So I can't use any fastboot or adb methods and even when I put the phone into fastboot mode it doesn't connect either. I'm able to put it into bootloader mode and it doesn't reset but still no connection; just charges. I've tried flashing through stock recovery manually and it aborts every attempt I'm assuming because my BL is locked..

LocBox

Aug 16, 2009
Microsoft Surface Duo
Thanks

Dottat has helped me and not a moment too soon, I was seconds from printing out the return label for HTC and sending it in for a refurb exchange. smbh. thanks man.:good::cowboy:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I agree, it would be nice for that stuff to be posted on here so we can all see it. And maybe not have to ask for help ourselves.

I wasn't trying to hide anything. I typically will walk a user through using the encrypted RUU (my person preference as i know it's intact) to restore their phone as long as it can boot to bootloader. I take it offline because the mods didn't take kindly to the encrypted RUU being posted in the past. I don't have an answer as to why that was case so I just keep that part off the main threads. If its someone in need (like the OP) i have no problem helping one on one.

JBS976

Jun 19, 2013
Cincinnati
I wasn't trying to hide anything. I typically will walk a user through using the encrypted RUU (my person preference as i know it's intact) to restore their phone as long as it can boot to bootloader. I take it offline because the mods didn't take kindly to the encrypted RUU being posted in the past. I don't have an answer as to why that was case so I just keep that part off the main threads. If its someone in need (like the OP) i have no problem helping one on one.

It's cool, I didn't mean it to sound like anything was being hidden, I just like to read all this stuff and take it in for future reference as I don't want to bother you guys unless I just cannot figure it out on my own. Believe me i really appreciate all you guys do on here as this is an invaluable resource if people take the time to read through things. I was unaware that they didn't want the RUU's on here which really sucks because they are nice to have like I had them for the rezound and it came in real handy at times. Not having them for this device yet has been one of the reasons I have been hesitant to do much else than to S-OFF and root. At this point I guess I am waiting for the OTA Kit Kat update then I will probably dive in.

Bryon

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
It's cool, I didn't mean it to sound like anything was being hidden, I just like to read all this stuff and take it in for future reference as I don't want to bother you guys unless I just cannot figure it out on my own. Believe me i really appreciate all you guys do on here as this is an invaluable resource if people take the time to read through things. I was unaware that they didn't want the RUU's on here which really sucks because they are nice to have like I had them for the rezound and it came in real handy at times. Not having them for this device yet has been one of the reasons I have been hesitant to do much else than to S-OFF and root. At this point I guess I am waiting for the OTA Kit Kat update then I will probably dive in.

Bryon

Check your pm shortly. S-off later today ?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree, it would be nice for that stuff to be posted on here so we can all see it. And maybe not have to ask for help ourselves.

Ok. I know how we can fix then. Let me pm you

Ok. I know how we can fix then. Let me pm you

hey mate, whats the secret sauce :p

Flashing the zip from bootloader ?