[Q] Anyone else angry about the M9 already on it's way?

Search This thread

wormyMNT

Jul 11, 2010
Chill out man... If you know anything about the cell phone market, you know they come out with the newest phones at least twice a year or close to it.. 1. around the beginning of the year and 2. Around Christmas time.... If you have a 2 yr contract then it doesn't matter cause you can't upgrade anyways, unless you buy it out right.. which is why I went on the Verizon edge program, so I can get the newest phone whenever I want it. Buy the next newest phone I will have this one 1/2 paid off, so I can get a new one. So I'm good. If you have a problem with how they come out with phones, then maybe you should get on the edge program

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
If that's true I'm not really mad. The way I see it is that with such a short time between releases the M9 will be only a slight improvement at most.

This. Unless you're one of those guys who just has to have the latest and greatest, it's not really that big of a leap forward in technology for me to get my panties in a bunch over.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Deathsnuggle

Mar 26, 2011
So the m9 is supposed to come out in Q1 2015.....aaand the m8 came out in Q1 2014 ....So what's everybody so pissed about?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure where you've been but in today's smartphone market, flagship devices are lucky to last 4-6 months before they are dated. The 2 year plan is not feasible for keeping the latest smartphone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    The only thing I have read about an "M9" is that they are cancelling the M8 Prime to focus on the M9 which will be released in Q1 2015......... right on schedule.

So enjoy your M8......... I know i am.
    I don't think they need to disclose anything... There will always be a newer phone around the corner.

You know that without them announcing anything... And if you are on a 2 year contract, what is the difference if a new one comes out 6 months later, or a year later. Changes nothing.

And if you are going to play the waiting game for the next 'big thing' you'll always be waiting, as there is always a next big thing coming...
    I'm not sure where you've been but in today's smartphone market, flagship devices are lucky to last 4-6 months before they are dated. The 2 year plan is not feasible for keeping the latest smartphone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Transparency is all I'm asking. If the phone is coming out in 2-3 months, then they already are past the planning stage and may already be in the manufacturing stage. Either way, I think it would be decent of them to layout the long term. Don't know where you are but in America these phones are expensive and tied to expensive carriers, So I would like to know all my options if the ,manufacturer already knows they're putting them out.
    If that's true I'm not really mad. The way I see it is that with such a short time between releases the M9 will be only a slight improvement at most.