[Q] SGH-I717 on T-Mobile in NYC?

Search This thread

DJ Scooby Doo

Apr 13, 2012
New York City
lockergnome.net
Hey guys, I just have a quick question. I'm in the market for a new phone and I thought I could try out the Note 1. It's a perfect fit for me, except that I find more AT&T variants than T-Mobile variants for the price I'm looking at (Around $240 or less). Now, I know that NYC is probably already a refarmed area for 4G but how well does it work? Will it work as well as a T-Mobile branded Note or will there be hiccups? I also saw that people on YouTube were putting different radios in, but does it matter anymore if I flash that specific radio on a refarmed area? If anyone in a refarmed area could tell me how it is for you guys, I'd be forever grateful.

Oh and PS, I know that there are T-Mobile notes for that price, but the AT&T version has the ability to have Jelly Bean on stock, which I need since I'm buying for me and my mom.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I don't believe they made a tmobile note 1. Just at&t, bell, Rodgers, and an international version. The note 1 for at&t does work on tmobile partially. I don't think you will get lte. There are a bunch of radios you can try. Check out the super everything thread in the general section.

Price wise I think 240 bucks is A LOT for a note 1. You might be able to find a note 2 for that much and it's a better phone. There are tmobile, at&t, and Verizon variants of the note 2.

DJ Scooby Doo

Apr 13, 2012
New York City
lockergnome.net
I don't believe they made a tmobile note 1. Just at&t, bell, Rodgers, and an international version. The note 1 for at&t does work on tmobile partially. I don't think you will get lte. There are a bunch of radios you can try. Check out the super everything thread in the general section.

Price wise I think 240 bucks is A LOT for a note 1. You might be able to find a note 2 for that much and it's a better phone. There are tmobile, at&t, and Verizon variants of the note 2.

Oh but they did make a Note 1 variant for T-Mobile. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-tmobile

I tried to find a Note 2, but they're all broken, or have bad ESNs. I don't feel comfortable buying anything with a bad ESN. So you are advising against it?

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Oh but they did make a Note 1 variant for T-Mobile. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-tmobile

I tried to find a Note 2, but they're all broken, or have bad ESNs. I don't feel comfortable buying anything with a bad ESN. So you are advising against it?

Thanks for sharing the link with me. I had no idea!

I wouldn't say I'm advising against it. I had a note 1 for 2 years and loved it. 250 seems kinda high for a 2.5yr old device that's intended for a different network then I'm on. If it's brand new with a brand new battery, (Batteries barely make it 1yr in this phone) it might be worth 250 "to me".

DJ Scooby Doo

Apr 13, 2012
New York City
lockergnome.net
Thanks for sharing the link with me. I had no idea!

I wouldn't say I'm advising against it. I had a note 1 for 2 years and loved it. 250 seems kinda high for a 2.5yr old device that's intended for a different network then I'm on. If it's brand new with a brand new battery, (Batteries barely make it 1yr in this phone) it might be worth 250 "to me".

Probably getting an S3 or maybe an S4. Thanks for your input.

TNetRider

Sep 7, 2011
I717 on TMOBILE

I'm using an AT&T I717 on Tmobile in NYC and have pretty results, even gets LTE.
Here is what I did:

1) Unlock the phone
2) download:
- CWM (odin flashable)
- [rom]{kitkat}[4.4.4]{beanStalk ver 4.4.4007}[7/11]
- I717UCMD3 modem
- [PATCH][AROMA] Polluti0ns Rom Patch [4.4/4.3] - V2
- pa-gapps for android 4.4
3) flash CWM recovery via ODIN
4) Update to CWM 6.0.4.7 (if you flashed an earlier version in step 3)
5) flash UCMD3 modem
6) factory reset and flash beanstalk rom
7) flash pollutions rom patch and select UBER kernel.
8) flash pa-gapps
9) give thanks to the i717 developers for providing goods that made this possible
10) enjoy the phone on tmobile with LTE in NYC.

:):)