Battery Life

Search This thread

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
Two days if lucky, can achieve 4 days if switch off 6 PM to 6 AM.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
Is it really that big of a deal to have to charge it every other day, though? I mean, I charge my phone every night, and it's really no hastle...

For me, at first it was not an issue, but given my S4 runs flat quicker now (due to the Neo apps and server) it is an issue.

Samsung thought so also, as that was one of the issues they tried to address with the second generation.

rorijam

Nov 16, 2005
Hi,
I just bought GEAR 2 NEO this weekend and could not get more than 12 hours :(
battery drains fast, I already recharge it all night with the same result.

I really appreciate any suggestions, I have the galaxy note 3 connected all the time via bluetooth to the watch, the battery on the smartphone is working fine...

SilentAce07

Dec 13, 2010
Hi,
I just bought GEAR 2 NEO this weekend and could not get more than 12 hours :(
battery drains fast, I already recharge it all night with the same result.

I really appreciate any suggestions, I have the galaxy note 3 connected all the time via bluetooth to the watch, the battery on the smartphone is working fine...
Sorry to hear that.

There have been a few reports that performing a factory reset fixes that type of battery drain.

GoodOmens182

Dec 24, 2010
Manchester NH
Mine lasts for three to four days easily...unless I use S Voice to reply to texts. Then it lasts like three to four hours. Has anyone else seen this problem with the Neo?

Robii97

Jul 20, 2014
around 5-6 days but iam not using it alot not whatsapping every 5 minutes or anything like that.

rorijam

Nov 16, 2005
hi, I just received a new Galaxy Gear 2 Neo, charged for 6 hours, 100%
Installed some apps including Watch Styler,
battery lasted only 7 hours :(
I have CUSTOM ROM X-NOTE VERSION 18, maybe is a rom problem.... I will flash a stock rom this night and check what happens tomorrow...

joyo22

Feb 21, 2011
Bogota
hi, I just received a new Galaxy Gear 2 Neo, charged for 6 hours, 100%
Installed some apps including Watch Styler,
battery lasted only 7 hours :(
I have CUSTOM ROM X-NOTE VERSION 18, maybe is a rom problem.... I will flash a stock rom this night and check what happens tomorrow...

I also have XNote installed. You should first update the Gear app as well as the Gear 2 Neo. When you're done updating, perform a factory reset on the watch. That'd do the job. Battery life is 3 days for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

rorijam

Nov 16, 2005
Hi,
I already tried factory reset with no success...but

I just installed a new ROM Omega v21 and turned off the auto screen on feature, installed many apps, watch styler and 20 watch faces, notification enabled for 10 apps aprox, currently I had 88% battery after 5 hours of heavy use!

The watch updated automatically, but I had to reinstall all apps, including calcs, games, calendar, todo list, cnn, appy geek, chaos control, gear chess, google tasks, timer, news republic, daily expense, simple calc, news reader, my notes, just write and easyly Do, matrix clock, etc...

Maybe I found a cure for my case....

rorijam

Nov 16, 2005
update:

After 11 hours and 50 minutes....70% of battery left with heavy use, analog clock by watch styler, and motion sensor disabled.

Cheers

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
Easily 4 days, was roughly 25% per day left on 24/7 with motion on, brightness 4 and all notifications on - so awesome compared to my watch bought and quickly returned at launch.

No I am powering off at night and motion is off, 2 days on only 30% down.

I installed the Big Clock watch styler looks cool and I feel it isn't using as much juice ???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Sep 3, 2014
Improved battery life

After receiving my Gear 2 Neo device, I was shocked how fast the battery drained. But now after one week with some reading and testing it has improved significantly. First the battery drained about 3-4 % an hour when not using the device at all, now I have 1-2% battery loss in Idle conditions, yesterday I used my Gear intensively, installing apps testing them, calling and so on, at the end of the day I had 50% left !

There are 4 factors I suspect to be the reason of my battery improvement:
1 : disable wake on wrist movement
2: do not use your device to lock and unlock your Phone
3: I now only sync favorite contacts to the watch
4: I suspect the battery is better after a few times charging and discharging

Today I unplugged the charger at 8.35 am and around 12h30 i still had 95% left, after walking the dog for half an hour while testing endomondo and runtastic app and playing around some more I ended up with 79% at 15h40, at 16h40, still 79%.

By the way, runtastic uses less power than endomondo, but endomondo supports the heartbeat sensor. Also compared the live heartbeat in endomondo to my girlfriends polar watch (with heart sensor around the chest), and the heartbeat was pretty much the same!

Edit: 18h30 :76%
Edit2: Close your Gear manager when not using it.
8h30 100% 16h 93%

Last edited:

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
After receiving my Gear 2 Neo device, I was shocked how fast the battery drained. But now after one week with some reading and testing it has improved significantly. First the battery drained about 3-4 % an hour when not using the device at all, now I have 1-2% battery loss in Idle conditions, yesterday I used my Gear intensively, installing apps testing them, calling and so on, at the end of the day I had 50% left !

There are 4 factors I suspect to be the reason of my battery improvement:
1 : disable wake on wrist movement
2: do not use your device to lock and unlock your Phone
3: I now only sync favorite contacts to the watch
4: I suspect the battery is better after a few times charging and discharging

Today I unplugged the charger at 8.35 am and around 12h30 i still had 95% left, after walking the dog for half an hour while testing endomondo and runtastic app and playing around some more I ended up with 79% at 15h40, at 16h40, still 79%.

By the way, runtastic uses less power than endomondo, but endomondo supports the heartbeat sensor. Also compared the live heartbeat in endomondo to my girlfriends polar watch (with heart sensor around the chest), and the heartbeat was pretty much the same!

Edit: 18h30 :76%
Edit2: Close your Gear manager when not using it.
8h30 100% 16h 93%

Thanks for your input, when comparing the heart rate sensors was that when you were sitting/idle or during a workout? I'm curious to know if it could give you a fairly accurate CHR when working out and if sweat could damage the charging terminals

Last edited:

dsecareanu

Mar 13, 2011
I just got my neo 2 watch 2 days ago and after playing with it for a while got 41% battery left. 2 days usage, no turning off, display 2, timeout 10 secs and all notifications active.

Ashganka

Jul 1, 2011
Frankly saying I'm starting getting angry, and I'm willing to throw the watch out of the window, or N3 do not know it yet.

I know that battery is fine, since when G2N is disconnected, the battery lasts about 4-5 days. After some initial problems, I was very happy with battery life because it kept connected 3-4 days at ease. This situation was for about two months however this what is happening now is a nightmare.

As soon as I connect the watch to N3 they start freaking out, both the watch and the phone are discharged after 0.5 - 1 day.

Clean Master app shows me the processes of this crap, there ale 4 or 5 of them e.g Samsung Gear providers and they are being restarted in background about 120 times per hour when i freeze them battery is fine for about 2 or 3 hours and then they are showing up again. Nothing helps neither greenify nor blocking. If i do factory reset for the G2N and remove Gear manager from the N3 situation improves for 1 - 2 days and then again the same.

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Frankly saying I'm starting getting angry, and I'm willing to throw the watch out of the window, or N3 do not know it yet.

When you do throw them out the window, let me know where :)

Jokes aside, I have the exact same combo and yes, there are 4-5 processes running now (compared to before getting the Gear) but I average 1%/hr for the watch and well, the phone has a lot more variation in use.
I would suggest uninstalling the Gear Manager, unpair the watch and start from scratch. Unless you installed one of those funky apps that runs on BOTH watch and phone and drains them both (like Car0, GPS Maps, etc) you should not have that big of a problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand why you would power down at night and not charge it? I get 2 days with hundreds of notifications per day. If I have a chance to throw it on the charger I do, but I use it to measure my steps so I only do that if I am showering or reading etc. You could not kill the battery in a day if you tried, this is all that matters to me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm on day 10 without charging it... This is with motion on, brightness at 3.

I'm not going to put it on the charger when I know the battery will last me all the next day with no worries. What's the point?

I didn't put in on the charger last night and the battery was at 24%. I won't kill the battery today either I don't believe, but I will probably charge it tonight.

If I can go a week+ without having to worry about charging it.. That's pretty damn good.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    I just bought mine three days ago. I have the brightness at 3 and notifications on, but am only getting about 18-20 hours. Should I give it time to settle in since I have been doing quite a bit on it to get it setup or is the battery bad and I should take it back? Thanks.

Adjust your settings first, I get 4 days but my brightness is at 2, Screen timeout is at 10 sec and I don't use the auto wake to flick, I push the home button, plus some apps drain it as well. It also depends on your usage, of course heavy use is gonna drain it. I get sms, phone notifications, I make calls from the watch and do s voice sms. I would say for medium usage for me. I would try that first and see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app