[HELP PORTING] Color OS Camera and Gallery

Search This thread

Aki07

Nov 12, 2012
Christchurch
OnePlus 7T
Hello Everyone,

Can anybody port me the camera and photos app from COLOR OS of Oppo Find 5 so that I can make it default for CM 11 or OMNI rom. I find oppo camera n photos app(Gallery) much better than the defaults. I am not a developer nor have any experience in porting. If anybody could help it would really helpful for me and many other people out there. Please its a request.

Well is it possible to port from COLOR OS to kitkat ?
Thank you.

me0wth

Oct 2, 2008
I was wondering about this too recently and from what I found here and on oppoforums I can tell you that right now it's impossible due to closed source code / drivers for a camera and dependency on ColorOS kernel (I'm not a developer either, but that's how I understood it).
SO until Oppo releases source code for it, we stuck with default camera on custom roms.

I like ColorOS camera better too, takes way better pictures than Omni stock camera :(

anders3408

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
I was wondering about this too recently and from what I found here and on oppoforums I can tell you that right now it's impossible due to closed source code / drivers for a camera and dependency on ColorOS kernel (I'm not a developer either, but that's how I understood it).
SO until Oppo releases source code for it, we stuck with default camera on custom roms.

I like ColorOS camera better too, takes way better pictures than Omni stock camera :(

Porting it doesn't need any sourcecode. The closed sources is the apps and the camera hal. Porting camera and gallery without porting the whole rom will require several .smali hacking to remove dependice else it will need a lot other parts from color os.

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app

Aki07

Nov 12, 2012
Christchurch
OnePlus 7T
Porting it doesn't need any sourcecode. The closed sources is the apps and the camera hal. Porting camera and gallery without porting the whole rom will require several .smali hacking to remove dependice else it will need a lot other parts from color os.

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app

So is there a chance that someone could port it to other ROM. Does anyone know any developer that would help us. If its possible then it will be great. Hoping that some one will take an initiative.