OpenSource Lib: Android Alliance Ads (prevent adblocker - for admob)

Search This thread

Droidspirit

Dec 4, 2013
Hello,

i want to present you my latest open source library for android:

By using adblocker or activating the airplane mode it is possible to bypass the display of advertisement like admob banners in apps.

Now you can prevent this behaviour by using this library.
Instead of the blocked out admob banners show your banners for own products or products of your partners. The banners are stored within the app and can be displayed instead.

The project is a lib project with a sample project to show you how easy it is to integrate it into your project.
There is a basic implementation and an advanced implementation with callbacks.

It is possible to use banner ads and full screen ads at same time.

https://code.google.com/p/android-alliance-ads

Apps that use this library:

ID Card Scanner (Banner Ads)
My Instructions (Banner Ads)
Levi the Knight (Fullsceen Ads)

Best regards

Droidspirit

Last edited by a moderator:

ibshar

Sep 10, 2011
Bangalore
Xiaomi Mi A2
Curses!!... Oops sorry couldn't control my emotions.. :p

Anyway, like you said this is a lib that will contain ads for offline display, that means this could be really bulky to include in apps?

L

LastStandingDroid

I think this is good

Not because I like ads but as written many people disable the ads and the developer doesn't earn as he should

Good idea and for sure developers will use it

Droidspirit

Dec 4, 2013
Yes, the lib is a wrapper for admob.

Anyway, like you said this is a lib that will contain ads for offline display, that means this could be really bulky to include in apps?
Your own banners use exactly the same dimensions as the admob banners. The normal user will not notice a difference to the admob banners.

You are about to get quite a lot of hate
I hope it. The slogan is: "The scrounger have to pay" ;)

You can test the lib in all my apps.

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Last edited:
Reactions: defim

nativeridge

Jan 9, 2013
Perth
I use an adblocker, but in saying that I pay for apps that are useful and solid.

A big decider for me is not only design in function but design in appearance.

The adblocker helps in making my choice to buy an app by removing distractions that are additional to the design and function.....

For me if I can't get a clean first impression then I probably don't want to spend time imagining how the app will work without advertising.

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

Yes, the lib is a wrapper for admob.

Your own banners use exactly the same dimensions as the admob banners. The normal user will not notice a difference to the admob banners.

I hope it. The slogan is: "The scrounger have to pay" ;)

You can test the lib in all my apps.

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Just a notice if you patch the ads with offline mode you'll get no ads not even your own ads just a hint ;)

[24th May i'm on vacation. so no work will be done] JAPAN HERE I COME :]

Droidspirit

Dec 4, 2013
Yes, i know. The offline mode is also just for testing and possibly increases the willingness to buy.

Many users enable the airplane mode while playing games to disable ads. But that no longer works with the library.

Droidspirit

Dec 4, 2013
With own banners you earn no money. but you can promote your other apps. or you show banner on another developer and he in turn for you. So you increase the breadth of your apps.

ThommmF

Oct 15, 2011
BLN
tasmo.de
Oppo N1
OnePlus 3T
Good step

I block adds. Not to see no advertising but to protect my privacy.
Users should be able to decide weather the want to be tracked by add companies or not.
I totally understand that some developers don't want to sell the apps but need some money for further development. If the adds are stored locally no tracker will be informed in real time.

Reactions: fffft

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Offline ads? Incredibly annoying and will reduce my support of Devs that go this route. Finding innovative ways to antagonize end users is ill considered. It's dismaying when Devs use ads as their primary (or worse, sole) revenue stream. I have absolutely no problem with Devs who have an ad free paid version and an ad supported "free" version. You do deserve to be compensated for your work. But realize that there is a right way and wrong way to go about that.

If your work is interesting enough for me to install, I for one will buy the paid version app. Devs that do not have an ad free alternative should expect a lot of hate. Well deserved hate. There is a lot a good work by Devs to be admired on this site. Please don't make it hard to support your work. Or erode end user loyalty by totally alienating us.

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
Hey, nice lib! I will have fun figuring out how to block it entirely in all ROMS I release. Hell, maybe I'll make an exposed module too.

As a developer, it's your right to decide how to try and generate revenue from your work.

And, as an end-user, it's my right to not have to look at ugly banner ads. Honestly...how many deliberate clicks have you EVER seen on a banner ad? I can't think of anybody in their right mind who would ever want to click one.

Here's a better idea...instead of helping others to continue to force crap on users...either make the app entirely free, or make one feature-restricted version and one premium version. You know...make us want to pay for more STUFF instead of less CRAP.

But no, really...I will be working out a way to block this ridiculous idea. Thanks.

Magissia

May 9, 2012
I don't dev for andro but nice lib. Hope devs would make a good use of this and give a way out of the adds (ads removal in app purchase !)

Congratulations for portal appearance !

How do you earn money with prepackaged ads ? How do you monetize this ?
You can put a banner to buy ccleaner for your computer and use a customized link to get some money on the buy, you can put an ads for a paid app you made yourself ... just an example, there's multiple ways. Imagination is the key.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

i want to present you my latest open source library for android:

By using adblocker or activating the airplane mode it is possible to bypass the display of advertisement like admob banners in apps.

Now you can prevent this behaviour by using this library.
    Instead of the blocked out admob banners show your banners for own products or products of your partners. The banners are stored within the app and can be displayed instead.

The project is a lib project with a sample project to show you how easy it is to integrate it into your project.
    There is a basic implementation and an advanced implementation with callbacks.

It is possible to use banner ads and full screen ads at same time.

https://code.google.com/p/android-alliance-ads

Apps that use this library:

ID Card Scanner (Banner Ads)
    My Instructions (Banner Ads)
    Levi the Knight (Fullsceen Ads)

Best regards

Droidspirit
    I just hope that all the developers will add a "pro" version of all apps released with this lib. I would rather pay cash than be annoyed by ads and banners.

Being forced to view ads without the ability to pay (or block!) for them to go away leads to uninstallation in my device. Every time.
    Hey, nice lib! I will have fun figuring out how to block it entirely in all ROMS I release. Hell, maybe I'll make an exposed module too.

As a developer, it's your right to decide how to try and generate revenue from your work.

And, as an end-user, it's my right to not have to look at ugly banner ads. Honestly...how many deliberate clicks have you EVER seen on a banner ad? I can't think of anybody in their right mind who would ever want to click one.

Here's a better idea...instead of helping others to continue to force crap on users...either make the app entirely free, or make one feature-restricted version and one premium version. You know...make us want to pay for more STUFF instead of less CRAP.

But no, really...I will be working out a way to block this ridiculous idea. Thanks.
    You are about to get quite a lot of hate, I know cause I'm starting to hate you.
    I hope most users do not think like me but i really hate the advertised product when it shows up constantly!